Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Colorado should be posted here.

Old 01-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Red face Mandatory Parole after Finishing Concurrent Sentence!

I just completed an extended Federal sentence. I also had State time ordered that was completed during this sentence, concurrently. I've verified that I completed the State time and have met my MRD.

However, I was notified that Colorado will be placing a detainer on me to go back to Colorado so I can start my mandatory parole. I have no CDOC number yet, so I have to be taken there, booked and then wait for a Parole hearing.

I'm still at the Federal HWH for a couple more months before my Federal probation begins. I'm 100% certain that Colorado will come and get me as soon as I release to probation.

Has anyone had any experience with the process once you're returned to Colorado? Since I've already met my MRD, I assume the Parole hearing is more of a formality? But my thing is that I want to be able to return to California where I live, work, etc. I have 3 years of paper with the Feds anyway and that'll be served in California.

I'm wondering if the USPO will get a copy of that detainer soon and then have me sent to County hold until Colorado comes and gets me. That'd be a nightmare. I've been trying to get permission to travel on my own to Colorado to get booked and ask for the Parole hearing. But can't get permission while I'm in HWH. The USPO says I belong to BOP still. And the HWH says they need USPO approval to release me.

It's all very frustrating.
Sponsored Links