Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Its just me

Default Oregon Introductions - please come introduce yourself/update us

I know many of us probably already have introductions but JJT thought it would be nice if everyone posted a new updated introduction so we can get to know one another.

As you all know I am JustChendy, and I am from Washington though I have and still do deal with Oregon DOC a lot. My boyfriend is currently in SRCI. I haven't been forum leader here long but I have been a PTO member for almost 3 years now and don't know where I would be without PTO. I spent some time in jail in Oregon and am currently back in Washington through the interstate compact. I hoping that in the near future we can set up a get together for Oregon so that we can all meet, but it takes time to plan so once I have a little more free time I will start the brainstorming......anyways post your introductions cause I can't wait to read them.......
mattmonkey1972 (03-02-2009), MissKitten1208 (03-09-2018), SherryJ (08-25-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Donation Award 

JJT - Moderator, a belated introduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. With all the new members, I thought I would re-introduce myself.

I am JJT, Moderator Oregon/Washington forums, 20+ years drug free, and I am a PTO Addict.

I am (muffled sound) years old, have 2 sons and 3 grandsons.

I met Fellah some 30 years ago when he lived just down the road. He is 2 days older than I am, and beings neither one of us can remember exactly when we met.... We say it was when we were 14.

We developed a deep friendship that has lasted on and off again over the decades. We both drifted in and out of each other’s lives, finally loosing all contact back in the early 1990's.

Flash forward to 2003. It was me who went looking for Fellah, after a very painful breakup. I needed to find the one person on Earth who really knew me... knew everything about me and would not judge my grief. I found him sitting in a prison in Washington state, and we have been together ever since.

I found PTO because of a research assignment for my term paper on Alcohol & Drug Abuse Programs in Oregon Prisons for my Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs class. I was referred to PTO by another online support site.

I was a lurker. Yes, for several months I was that guest that kept visiting PTO, again and again and again. I think I had read the entire site before I became a member. I have learned more from PTO than I ever could on my own. I learn almost every time I log on, and if I am ever wrong about something, I am the first to admit it. I finally took the plunge and joined February 2004, and have never regretted that decision!

What is so amazing..... so wonderful about PTO, is that we will NEVER REALLY KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WE HELP! And that is why I have stayed. To help as many people as I can on this crazy path of loving someone in the system. There is so much to learn!

Fellah came home May of 2005. Life will never be the same again!

JJT
Oregon/Washington Forums
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JJT For This Useful Post:
PezzyDB (03-17-2014), Scarytimesmom (01-25-2016), SherryJ (08-25-2012)
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 PM

Hi I am new to this whole thing but my fiance is currently in TRCI in Umatilla Oregon. I am 29yrs old and have a 9 almost 10 yr old daughter. We have been dealing with the DOC since 2000 and been through OSP SRCI and TRCI who knows if they will move him again. Currently I live in Salem but I'm thinking about moving back to Pendleton or Hermiston. I would really love to meet others in my situation... as I still have about 6 yrs to go right now his release date is 02-14-2012
Old 03-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Its just me

Welcome to PTO Babysluvnprison its wonderful to have you here.......
Old 03-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Hi! My guy and I met in the fall of 2004. Before we had a chance of even a first date, he disappeared. In a web search I found him at the Lane County Jail. I wrote to him in January 2005, he responded and we have been together ever since. He has spent time in Coffee Creek, SRCI and then completed a 9 month program at Powder River. He was home for 1 month before he violated his transitional leave and is now at TRCI for who knows how long. Hopefully he will be home by summer or fall of 2007.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO!!

JJT
Old 03-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Account Closed

Hi my name is Sarah. My fiance Adam is at Mill Creek CF currently, and hoping to be in a program by the end of the month-he has 10 months left if he dosen't get into the program so we will see...I am 18 years old and Adam is 21. We have been together over 3 years now and I would do just about anything for the man of my dreams...I think we need to find a way to connect all of us in Oregon better, I love PTO and haven't been on that long, I love its environment. I am waiting to hear from my boy...It's been a week now
Old 03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
Its just me

Welcome to PTO honeyg and inlovewithcoca
Old 04-08-2006, 09:43 PM
hopeing for his freedom

hello everyone my name is Damiens baby girl... he is the love of my life and he is curntly in washingtonm county for a pv. but befor that he was in MC and was htere for about 3 munths and now we dont know where they are going to seend him... we dont know whats going to happen and i hope that i have suport and im willing to lison to anyone who needs to talk. if you have any questions just ask.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO!!

JJT
Old 04-16-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Hello

Hey everybody, i'm Brandy. My boyfriend is currently at coffee creek waiting to be moved to a more permanant facility, he was prosecuted under measure 11 so he'll be gone for 70 monthes for theft. I've never known anybody in prison or had somebody that i care about be away for so long so this had been terrible for me. He's been in since 12/28. Nice to meet you all.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Brandy! I am glad you found us so early on your journey through the system.

JJT
Old 04-20-2006, 08:49 PM

Default My niece is a new inmate

So I am new here. I am not new to the system itself, her father (my brother) has been in and out for a number of yrs in Massachusetts. But my niece was just sentenced and moved to Coffee Creek from Jackson county jail where she spent 9 months. Now she will be in CCCF for 7.5 yrs.
I live in Augusta, Georgia. So its not like I will get to visit. And My nieces mom lives 3 or 4 hrs away.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:10 AM
ngirklau

Default eibbed from Missouri

My man has just recently been transferred from VA to OR. I'm trying to come & see him in July. He's in the Snake River Correctional Institution in Ontario, OR. I have the money for the bus ticket, but not for lodging & transportation to & from the prison. Does anyone know of any hospitality houses or organizations that provide lodging & transportion for a very low cost? Thanks for your help...
Old 04-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Blessed
Donation Award 

Hi and Welcome to PTO!!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 09:11 PM

Hi All-

My little story...

I am a 32 year old female, raised in the Midwest, but have spent the past 10 years living all over the West Coast. I am currently living in San Francisco and work in the executive offices of a major home furnishings retailer. I met an amazing guy 7 years ago in Los Angeles and eventually moved to Portland, OR to be closer to him and help him with a store that he had just opened. Timing was never right between us as far as the love connection, but we remained very close throughout the years. I eventually left Portland for a job in San Francisco. As things unraveled for him in his life, he sunk into depression and a nasty meth addiction. I tried to help, but from a distance, it was hard. After not hearing from him for several months, I did some investigating and learned that he had been arrested and was facing some SERIOUS charges in Oregon. Since then, I have stood by him thru sentencing and now the daily ups and downs of serving a 70 month sentence. The strange thing is that the timing now seems so very right between us and everything is very CLEAR. He and I are committed to seeing this entire situation as an opportunity to find each other/ ourselves and focus on having a good and very simple life someday. Lately I find myself feeling so thankful for having gotten him back from depression and drugs, rather than how much time we have lost.

I found PTO right away and have been addicted ever since! For me it's part of turning a very tragic and sad thing into something good. I was recently became an RA in the Oregon PTO Forum....woohoo! I am glad to be a part of this amazing group and look forward to being able to contribute in the future to the growth of this community!

I am a serious library dork! I love, love, love books, music and movies. Tivo changed my life!! I like all sorts of crime tv as well as all the cheesy reality shows...I can't keep up with all the shows I like!
My favorite part of every day is that first cup of coffee! I live on the beach and try to get outside and run around with my dog every day...my second favorite part of every day. I feel lucky every day to live in such a beautiful place and have a good job! However, I am kicking around the idea of moving back to Portland and opening my own store in the next year or so...but we'll see

-javagirl
Old 04-25-2006, 09:34 PM

Default Oregon introductions-----please come introduce yourself/update us

My spouse is currently in EOCI for possibly the next 3 years. We have four children together. I live here in Portland OR but have a feeling I will be getting to know Pendleton like the back of my hand. My children and I miss him terribly and this is the first time he's ever been incarcerated and I can say that it really turns my mind frame around of what I thought justice was and now represents. He took a plea bargain to save himself from possibly being indicted and serving 10 years. I just visited him for the first time since last November and plan on going again in June after the kids get out of school. Life will never be the same I am afraid.... it seems like my road to life will have many turns and bumps but I will manage.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Hi and welcome to PTO, know that here you are NEVER alone as we are here for you 24/7 - 365 ...

Granted we aren't close enough to hold you when the tears come falling down but we are here to support you, listen to your fears, cheers, stories and anything else you want to give us.

WE ARE FAMILY, FRIENDS here at PTO and you just joined the biggest family on the net!! Welcome!

The way OUT!

Old 04-28-2006, 07:40 AM

Hi, I'm Mom2Benskids. I live in Colorado but Ben's locked up in SRCI for another 10 years. We met in high school and have been joined at the hip for over 20 years now. Crazy to think about it in terms like that. He's been locked up since 1995 and has missed so much of our kids lives growing up. Our oldest is 18 and is in college. I have so many mixed emotions about the whole thing.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO! Hopefully we can help with all those mixed up emotions!!

JJT
Old 04-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Boss

Welcome to all the new members. It's so inspiring to sign on and see all the lives PTO is touching in our community.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Its just me

Hello and welcome to all the new members.....
Old 05-05-2006, 03:34 PM
*Meet me in your dreams*

Welcome everyone! You have joined oned of the very best support groups there is. If you need something...don't be scared to ask...My fiance is up at EOCI in Pendleton and I am available for carpooling and I am more then happy to answer any questions you may have!
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #153
Anywhere But Here Club Member #11
Missing My Soulmate Club Member #69
Old 05-22-2006, 04:26 PM

Question sorry new at this

Hey everyone
My fiance has been locked down at SRCI for the past 2 years. He had just paroled in 2000, so it's been our 2nd time through this and better b the last. I've known my man for 10years and love him with everthing in me. It has been a long hard road but we've done it together. I still believe that it's only made us stronger. But recently it's been worse. Chad went to DSU back in November. So we haven't had visits or calls since then. Only our everyday letters. He paroles in July. On the 7th, he'll b out 4 good and i'm so excited, but scared too. I am very nervous about how things will go...
anyways just wanted to say thanx for bein here. I have been only a viewer & visitor for the past year or so. i figured it was about time 2 b a member.

Last edited by ChadsBaby4Life; 05-22-2006 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
*Meet me in your dreams*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadsBaby4Life
Hey everyone
My fiance has been locked down at SRCI for the past 2 years. He had just paroled in 2000, so it's been our 2nd time through this and better b the last. I've known my man for 10years and love him with everthing in me. It has been a long hard road but we've done it together. I still believe that it's only made us stronger. But recently it's been worse. Chad went to DSU back in November. So we haven't had visits or calls since then. Only our everyday letters. He paroles in July. On the 7th, he'll b out 4 good and i'm so excited, but scared too. I am very nervous about how things will go...
anyways just wanted to say thanx for bein here. I have been only a viewer & visitor for the past year or so. i figured it was about time 2 b a member.
Thanks for the PM girl...we'll have to get together sometime on one of my trips up to see my boy. I am so happy for you that you are not going to be waiting for very much longer. Hopefully he will do good and you guys won't ever be back in this position again...it's heartbreaking and painful but we are strong women who love our men and will stand by them...right or wrong...through thick and thin. Have a great day girl and keep smiling, you're almost there!
Faithfully Waiting Club Member #153
Anywhere But Here Club Member #11
Missing My Soulmate Club Member #69