Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:54 PM

Default Parole hearing or File Review? /Update - he's being moved!

Travis is up for parole in May 2019. What happens when that time comes? I know itís held a few months before from what I hear. What does he do? Can people go? Write letters? Is it crazy to think heíd get it the first time? Heís had a perfect prison record, did tons of programs, never got in trouble, even made it to a halfway house working a job through a church where the church and half way house LOVED him, he did well there, no write ups, clean drug tests. He was dealing drugs and that is his original charge. Heís really changed and changed his whole mindset. The main thing he has against him is TN put a detainer on him for some old charge in 2011 so he had to leave the halfway house. Heís not at LLCC. We are working hard to try & get the TN thing taken care of before heís paroled but itís hard. It may not be resolved until heís paroled here, held, TN comes to get him. Any advice or feedback is so welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2018, 04:21 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,873 Times in 16,522 Posts

Was he convicted of trafficking or possession? Class C or Class D? (Or Class B for a 2nd offense).

He'll have a File Review if he's a Class C or D. There's no way to know the exact date his file will be reviewed, but it will be sometime in March, 2019. Yes, you, family, friends, employers (past & prospective future) may send letters of recommendation for parole. With a file review, I'd make sure all letters are at the Board No Later Than the last week in February, preferable sooner. He can write a letter as well

If he still has a detainer when his release date rolls around, he will not be released

For anyone writing to the Board on his behalf: Absolutely Do Not make excuses for the charges that got him in prison. No "wrong place, wrong time, No "So & so got him hooked," No "it wasn't his, he's innocent." etc.
Write about the positive things he's done to correct his behavior / thinking. Write about goals and plans for furthering his recovery / education / employment. Write about the stability of the environment he'll parole to and the financial / moral support he'll have when released. Accentuate the positive

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-05-2018, 01:15 AM

He has all of those B,C &D. What does that mean for him? Whatís the difference in review or no reviews? Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Was he convicted of trafficking or possession? Class C or Class D? (Or Class B for a 2nd offense).

He'll have a File Review if he's a Class C or D. There's no way to know the exact date his file will be reviewed, but it will be sometime in March, 2019. Yes, you, family, friends, employers (past & prospective future) may send letters of recommendation for parole. With a file review, I'd make sure all letters are at the Board No Later Than the last week in February, preferable sooner. He can write a letter as well

If he still has a detainer when his release date rolls around, he will not be released

For anyone writing to the Board on his behalf: Absolutely Do Not make excuses for the charges that got him in prison. No "wrong place, wrong time, No "So & so got him hooked," No "it wasn't his, he's innocent." etc.
Write about the positive things he's done to correct his behavior / thinking. Write about goals and plans for furthering his recovery / education / employment. Write about the stability of the environment he'll parole to and the financial / moral support he'll have when released. Accentuate the positive
Old 06-06-2018, 09:55 AM

Any advice?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator on Leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,160 Times in 3,058 Posts

We really can't answer that. Most likely a face to face because of the B, but I suppose you will have to wait until closer for the board to decide how they will do it.

And again, the TN is not a pending new case. It's a probation/parole revocation and cannot be resolved until he's either paroled to them or served out here.
Old 06-06-2018, 04:56 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

With a File Review, the Board just looks at his file, he doesn't get a face-to-face hearing. From what I can tell, it looks like he'll get an actual hearing

Was he out on bond / pretrial / absconding & picked up more charges?

Parole is never guaranteed, even with a ton of programs under his belt. Has he taken SAP?

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Wallflower78me (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:18 PM

Iíve accepted we canít do anything about TN even though others are saying we can with a lawyer but canít afford that anyway. Now to add more mystery to things Trav called just now to say heís being moved tonight. They wonít tell him where. He has a detainer on him (the TN thing) & told him he couldnít move to a camp or back to the halfway house. Of course heís hoping itís one of those & a good move. Iím just worried , the unknown is scary. I started crying , feel nauseous. Iím glad he was able to call & tell me - he knew Iíd be worried if I didnít hear from him tonight. Any experience with this or advice? Thanks loves.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:30 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Been through it a gazillion times.....its not really that big a deal. Really You'll get the hang of this journey or worry yourself to death - Just Breathe!! And check VINELink later, as many times as it takes. Once he's logged in where he's going Vinelink will tell you where he's at.

Don't worry it'll be ok

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
mariamrod21 (06-06-2018), Sarianna (06-07-2018), Wallflower78me (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Been through it a gazillion times.....its not really that big a deal. Really You'll get the hang of this journey or worry yourself to death - Just Breathe!! And check VINELink later, as many times as it takes. Once he's logged in where he's going Vinelink will tell you where he's at.

Don't worry it'll be ok

I know I worry way too much. Iím just not used to this. Iíve only been dealing with it since March. I have got better - I used to cry every time we talked but now Iím stronger. Iíve learned so much. I just donít understand why theyíd move him for no reason like if he could go to a step down place like a camp or HH - yes but why move when they say he canít do anything like that. I know it happens & is confusing. Thanks for the advise hugs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallflower78me For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-06-2018), Sarianna (06-07-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 08:01 PM

About the SAP..he hasnít taken it. When he was at the HH the board recommended he just keep his job, stay out of trouble. He did both of those. Of course he was sent to the prison bc the detainer. Since he got to LLCC the board suggested he do SAP , have a job etc. Heís got the job after staying on them about it, did some classes, but they donít offer SAP there. He was supposed to write them about taking SAP when he got about 8 months from parole which is pretty soon. So idk..now that I think about it maybe they are sending him somewhere that has SAP but who knows. Iím just gonna keep checking VINE & KOOL.

Does the Vine notification really work? I signed up for that a while back.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:09 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

I've always gotten email notifications when My Mr was moved. Then I'd keep checking until he got to wherever he was going. It takes DOC's KOOL a while to update, too long.

Yep, sounds like he's moving to a facility that offers SAP

patchouli, PTO Admin