Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 02-21-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRose2481 View Post
Hello everyone,

I am trying to find a approved and affordable officiant to marry my fiancť and I in Wichita Falls , Allred unit. Please help with any info.

Thanks
There are a couple of companies that do this. You can look online just but in prison weddings. They are already approved and their rates are based off of distance. They will also tell you how to get everything done that you need it can take for to 60 days just for him to get his ID.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwborn712 View Post
Hey there! If anyone has recently gotten married at the Coffield Unit in Tennessee Colony, TX or know someone who has could you pass along some names of Offciants for that unit? I called the Unit and asked to speak to the Chaplain, who told me they currently do not have a list of officiants. He has asked the Warden's secretary for a list or if they could get a list, but he has yet to receive anything. I have found some officiants that go to this specific unit and it's pricey, but at this point I'm trying to find multiple options and pick the one with the lowest price. I have tried looking online for officiants in the area thinking, if I can find someone local, it could be cheaper, but have had no luck. Thank you in advance for any information that can be provided!
hi, I was wondering if you ever received feed back on a officient for the coffield unit?
Old 02-27-2017, 12:31 PM

No not really, other than what I have found by doing my own research. I have found a few people who will do it, but it's all over $300 because most of them have to travel.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:19 AM

Default Getting married: He's in Texas, I'm in Kentucky. What do I need to do?

My MWI and I have decided we are going to get married. Now I have tons of questions but no real answers. First, I live in Kentucky (he's moving here when released) and he is in Texas so I have no idea about what I need to take to get out license. What do I need to take? I figured I would need our divorce decrees from previous marriage and his inmate ID. Will I need birth certificates? Will I need anything else? We get to get married at his unit, can I go to any County and get our license since I'm alone or is there a specific County that I have to go to so I can get it with him not there? I know there is a 3 day wait after getting the license, is the expiration on the license 60 or 90 days? I will have to get our license probably the visit before we get married. Worst case, could I get a license from Kentucky and get married with that? We don't think he will get to keep a ring but I am hopeful since he was granted probation but has to finish the program before being released (July 2018). Any other information that can be given about this would be amazing. I'm slightly stressed about the lack of knowledge I have about this subject.

Old 03-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,942 Times in 11,658 Posts

Do an internet search for "texas prison wedding". Here is a link to a Prison Legal News article from 2016, right after TX DOC stopped allowing proxy marriages.
https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news...oxy-marriages/

Quote:
Loaded on FEB. 2, 2016 published in Prison Legal News February, 2016, page 40
Filed under: Prisoner Privileges, Visiting, Marriage. Location: Texas.
Share:
Share on Twitter Share on Facebook Share on G+ Share with email
Prisoners in Texas will once again be allowed to marry someone on the outside under new rules formulated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDJC) in the wake of an outcry of public opinion following a September 1, 2013 ban on marriage by proxy adopted by the Texas legislature.

“Given the restrictions and understanding offenders have a legal right to marry, the agency is drafting a policy that allows an inmate to marry a non-incarcerated person within our facilities,” TDCJ spokesman Jason Clark told the Associated Press in November 2014, reversing a long-held policy that prohibited prison weddings as a security risk.

Last edited by David; 03-18-2017 at 02:31 PM..
Old 03-18-2017, 11:30 PM

Default Officiant for Coffield

Hello,

The name is was given that everyone uses is Mimi Owens, who charges $250.
I thought that was a bit pricey until I started searching around and found most prices were the same but some were much more higher. I also found another lady named Jo Ann Hall who appeared on our local new station and I believe her price runs about the same.
Mimi's info is
PO Box 793462
Dallas, TX 78379
email and phone removed per PTO policy fbopnomore
Jo Ann's info is
P.O. Box 399
Splendora TX 77372
email and phone removed per PTO policy

Good luck!

Last edited by fbopnomore; 03-19-2017 at 05:44 AM..
Old 03-23-2017, 09:04 PM

Default Twogether in Texas...anyone have an issue?

We have decided to start with the program Twogether in Texas...not only does it save us on our license but it also does away with the three day wait. My issue is that I've paid for the service, sent 3 or 4 emails with no response, called and left messages. I sent my first email 6 days ago and I've not heard anything. He said the papers said something about wifeandinmate.com so that's who I used. My question is has anyone had an issue before?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,836 Times in 6,797 Posts

I'm not familiar with the program, but wanted to post a link to it so people could read more. Is this what you're talking about?

Twogether Texas Premarital Program
Old 03-24-2017, 04:03 PM

There are free services on there too. I'm sorry you had to pay. I would contact the main Twogether office about that in Austin.

Don't be afraid to feel as angry or as loving as you can, because when you feel nothing, itís just death.
-Lena Horne
Old 03-24-2017, 04:05 PM

I definitely will. Thank you. It wasn't a lot but the money would have added up to several phone calls...

Old 03-30-2017, 12:41 PM

Thank you for the info! Yeah I was surprised at how pricey people can be, it's crazy! I think I tried reaching out to Mimi Owens, but never got a reply. I actually found someone else who charges $250, and I think that is who I am going with! But I really do appreciate the information you provided! I am going to make sure and keep it in case I come across anyone else who struggles to find people! Thanks again!
Old 04-12-2017, 07:20 PM

I believe that I can help you. I’ve gone through the process. Luckily I live in Texas so at least I wasn’t doing it cross country. The bad news is you will have to go to the county clerks office twice for the license so that might be tricky with you out of state. Yes, you can go to any county clerk office in Texas for the license BUT you will have to send the license back to them for it to be filed so keep that in mind. You will need your license or a photo ID and a birth certificate for both of you. First you will go to the county clerks office and advise them you need an absentee application because your mate is in prison and cannot come to the office. They will give you this form. You will have to send it to him at the unit. He will then take it to the law library and have it filled out. They have to do this because the unit will send back the form with a copy of his prison ID and because any marriage on the unit has to be approved by the warden. Yes, they can deny it. You then go back to the county clerks office with those documents and pay the fee and they give you the license. Now Texas requires a 3 day waiting period from the time the license is issued and the marriage is performed. You also have I believe 60 days from issue to perform the marriage or you start all over. Now something else that is important is you are required to bring your own JOP or person to perform the marriage. Whoever you chose for this will have to be approved by TDCJ before you can start the process. There is ppwk (can locate on TDCJ website) they will have to submit to them with proof they can legal marry someone. I would wait until you receive the approval back before starting the process for the license. I personally had my sister get ordained and she did it. That way we had a family member there. Texas will not allow anyone else at the ceremony but you and the minister. You aren’t allowed to exchange rings either and sometimes they will allow a short visit but it’s at the unit discretion. Most units will only do ceremonies on certain days so you will need to call the unit and verify when they will do them. Normally it’s only during the week and for a short period of time. On the unit my husband was on it was the second Friday of every month from 2-5pm. Once your minster is approved and you have the license you can call the unit and schedule a time. Hope this helps!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katiebell For This Useful Post:
HisPassenger84 (03-15-2018), LisahSimms79 (04-25-2017), LuvmyCandyCaneman (01-09-2018), Sarianna (04-13-2017)
Old 04-24-2017, 10:18 AM

Default Officiant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftwborn712 View Post
Thank you for the info! Yeah I was surprised at how pricey people can be, it's crazy! I think I tried reaching out to Mimi Owens, but never got a reply. I actually found someone else who charges $250, and I think that is who I am going with! But I really do appreciate the information you provided! I am going to make sure and keep it in case I come across anyone else who struggles to find people! Thanks again!
Rev. Doug Morgan is/was $175.00. You can google Rev. Doug Morgan.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:30 AM

I think Rev. Doug Morgan was someone I contacted, and he told me $295.00 is what he would charge to come to Coffield. I guess he went up in price! Thank you for the info though!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebell View Post
I believe that I can help you. Iíve gone through the process. Luckily I live in Texas so at least I wasnít doing it cross country. The bad news is you will have to go to the county clerks office twice for the license so that might be tricky with you out of state. Yes, you can go to any county clerk office in Texas for the license BUT you will have to send the license back to them for it to be filed so keep that in mind. You will need your license or a photo ID and a birth certificate for both of you. First you will go to the county clerks office and advise them you need an absentee application because your mate is in prison and cannot come to the office. They will give you this form. You will have to send it to him at the unit. He will then take it to the law library and have it filled out. They have to do this because the unit will send back the form with a copy of his prison ID and because any marriage on the unit has to be approved by the warden. Yes, they can deny it. You then go back to the county clerks office with those documents and pay the fee and they give you the license. Now Texas requires a 3 day waiting period from the time the license is issued and the marriage is performed. You also have I believe 60 days from issue to perform the marriage or you start all over. Now something else that is important is you are required to bring your own JOP or person to perform the marriage. Whoever you chose for this will have to be approved by TDCJ before you can start the process. There is ppwk (can locate on TDCJ website) they will have to submit to them with proof they can legal marry someone. I would wait until you receive the approval back before starting the process for the license. I personally had my sister get ordained and she did it. That way we had a family member there. Texas will not allow anyone else at the ceremony but you and the minister. You arenít allowed to exchange rings either and sometimes they will allow a short visit but itís at the unit discretion. Most units will only do ceremonies on certain days so you will need to call the unit and verify when they will do them. Normally itís only during the week and for a short period of time. On the unit my husband was on it was the second Friday of every month from 2-5pm. Once your minster is approved and you have the license you can call the unit and schedule a time. Hope this helps!
that was extremely helpful! I imagine a couple of things might be different since he's in county still. but thank you!
Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 AM

If anyone gets wife and Inmate Connection recommended to them, DO NOT USE THEM. I’m STILL waiting to be refunded $225. They rarely ever responded and apparently went temporarily out of business, not sure if they are up and running now. I’ve since sent multiple emails to get my money refunded and this has been since they are suppose to back in business and I’ve still not been responded too. They are horrible and I’m pretty sure I’ll never see the $225 I was told they would refund me! So just to save people the risk of getting your money taken, I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone!!
Old 03-31-2018, 10:10 PM

Hi,
I need to know how to go about marrying my honey while he is incarcerated? HELP
Old 04-08-2018, 09:05 PM

Default Informal marriage

So I'm trying to find out how to go about filing a informal or what they call common law marriage it's kinda crazy cause my ex husbands in prison but we want to be labeled married again and wanted to see if someone could help or point me in the right direction. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond 😊
Old 05-04-2018, 10:29 AM

Josh and I are getting married during my next trip beginning of July woo-hoo.
I contacted "wifeandinmate" ,I read good and bad things, so now my point is not about losing money but the chance to get married since I'm flying from Italy.
Anyone using the same website?
Old 05-26-2018, 04:42 PM

My boyfriend wants to make it official and he wants to get married. I need any information. Its appreciated. We are hoping for a same sex marriage.. Help..