Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Dangerously in Love......

Default Marriage Procedures @ Bellamy Creek

Soooo.....Me & Chris have picked our date!! Whew Hoo!!
Friday, October 13, 2006
He kited the Chaplain, and about 2 weeks later, the Chaplain gave him 2 copies (one for me, one for him) of the Marriage Procedures.
He sent me my copy, and I have to sign it, have a witness sign it, get it notarized and send it back to the Chaplain.
If/When, I receive more information, I'll be sure to post it for anyone else interested in gettin' hitched at Bellamy Creek

Page 1 - http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ddingPage1.jpg
Page 2 - http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ddingPage2.jpg
Page 3 - http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ddingPage3.jpg
Page 4 - http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ddingPage4.jpg

**You will have to scan over the bottom right hand corner of the picture to expand it for easier reading**
~*~ 2014 Club Member #5 ~*~
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances:
If there is any reaction, both are transformed.
-Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)
So let them say it’s wrong for me to love you,
They could never feel, the way that I do,
When we kiss, when we're close like this…
They can't see inside my soul,
They can't know the love we know,
All they do is waste their time,
They can never change my mind…
It's what my heart says, that is what I listen to…
It's what my heart feels, that tells me what to do…
It's what my heart knows, that's the only truth I know is real
All I hear is what my heart says to me…
Let them say that I'm a fool, to fall so deeply,
‘Cause they will never ever be, loved so completely,
How can they even talk that way?
They can't see it through my eyes,
They can't feel this love inside,
All their words don't mean a thing,
They can't change the way I feel

Last edited by shhhhdonttell13; 01-19-2006 at 01:30 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2006, 02:38 PM

I have a question and i know someone has the answer what do i need as far as a noterized letter stating his desire to be marrried, what all should it entail to bring wiith me to the clerks office?
Also I am having a hard time deciding what to wear for the ceromony and would like some input on this. I do not want to wear a gown and I will be visting after, during normal hours any suggestions? Did anyone just wear dress clothing?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Helllllloooooo

Default Getting Married at Deerfield Correctonal Facility

Hello all, first I would like to send my congratulations to all of you have have or are getting married !!!!

I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me. I know we can get them from the chaplain at the facility but the tricky thing with that is getting him to answer his kite.. Well, I am just very excited and of course in a rush for all information now not next week.. Anyway, my concern here is, we plan on getting married in November this year but I live out of state. I know we can get by the chaplain with the meeting thing prior to marriage if he has that standard but I was more concerned with getting the marriage license. I can not fly in to early to get that done and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? How does my fella get a copy of the license to sign it? I was thinking if the court house will mail his copy to him why can they not mail me a copy for me? Maybe I am way off here but I am clueless. I have been married before so I am not niave just frustrated that the chaplain will not answer us and it has been over a week. Gotta figure out at work how long I can take off if I need to get the license myself. Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh yeah one more thing.. Can you get the wedding ring inscribed on the inside? Does anyone know?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:55 AM
Helllllloooooo

Default Trick around the wedding ring cost

I was worried about trying to find a cheap wedding ring for my fella and he said just get what you want and when you pay for it have them write out two receipts. One for the 50.00 and then the other for the rest of it if I go over the limit. I just thought that might help someone else out and thought it was clever. When he told me that I said I would of never thought of that and he said "I got your back, you gotta think like a convict sometimes" hehehe
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing him...
I was worried about trying to find a cheap wedding ring for my fella and he said just get what you want and when you pay for it have them write out two receipts. One for the 50.00 and then the other for the rest of it if I go over the limit. I just thought that might help someone else out and thought it was clever. When he told me that I said I would of never thought of that and he said "I got your back, you gotta think like a convict sometimes" hehehe
Just out of curisoty, where duid you buy your ring that a receipt was "written out". Was it a pawn shop, if so that is where I am going (hehe). I have his ring, which was I think $75 dollars. I said I was going to buy another ring for $50.00, and take that receipt. The thing is he wants to keep it, and I won't be able to return the ring which was my original plan.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing him...
Hello all, first I would like to send my congratulations to all of you have have or are getting married !!!!

I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me. I know we can get them from the chaplain at the facility but the tricky thing with that is getting him to answer his kite.. Well, I am just very excited and of course in a rush for all information now not next week.. Anyway, my concern here is, we plan on getting married in November this year but I live out of state. I know we can get by the chaplain with the meeting thing prior to marriage if he has that standard but I was more concerned with getting the marriage license. I can not fly in to early to get that done and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? How does my fella get a copy of the license to sign it? I was thinking if the court house will mail his copy to him why can they not mail me a copy for me? Maybe I am way off here but I am clueless. I have been married before so I am not niave just frustrated that the chaplain will not answer us and it has been over a week. Gotta figure out at work how long I can take off if I need to get the license myself. Thanks for any help you can give me. Oh yeah one more thing.. Can you get the wedding ring inscribed on the inside? Does anyone know?
Have you called the county clerk's office to see how that works. He doesn't have to sign the license. You can get the license no more than 30 days but more than 2wks prior to the wedding date. No, there can be no inscription on the wedding bands, and make sure you find out from the Chaplin how much the ring can be. My last bit of advice, call the Administrative Assitant of the facility that he is at and POLITELY explain to her the difficuly you are having, be adamant and sure about everything you say to her. My fiancee is at Pine River and I had to call the AA because the Chaplin was being a butt hole and she got all my questions answered w/i 2 days of me calling her. The AA's hold A LOT of power, they are basically second in line behind the Warden's, simply because you have to go through them to get to the Warden. Start with her, if she doesn't help I have the name of the Director of Chaplin's in Lansing, MI. If you need it PM me and I can get it to you, but he is going to tell you to try and work it out with the facility first, but the AA I am positive will get you straight .

Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM

Default ring receipts

I did not have them written out I just paid in two different ways. I asked them to ring up one for 50.00 and the rest of the money on the other one and they had no problem doing that. As long as they get their money they do not care. Worked like a charm and I got a really nice ring. I told my fella they were never going to believe that I only paid 50 for it and he said who cares what they think you have a receipt right? Who can argue with that?..
Old 07-31-2006, 02:53 AM
Helllllloooooo

That is the exact way my fella told me to do it too.. It works like a charm I tell ya.. We have heard back from the chaplain and it took him three kites to get any info. He finally seen him in the yard and confronted him on the matter and he said ohhhhhh I thought that you would of heard by now. How crazy is that? He would know if he sent something out. Anyway all the chaplain did was send him the piece of paper that states what we need to do. Never did he talk to him or answer any questions he had so I am driving him crazy asking the stupid things. I guess I am just going to have to call myself and ask. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Very Much Missed Administrator
Donation Award 

Each MI prison does things differently! Sadly to say
But they all get along and
EVERYONE is happy!

R.I.P. Sally! This Dragon is Flying High Again.. WE LOVE YOU & Will Never Forget!
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 AM
Helllllloooooo

Mrs D. You are absolutely right about them all doing it different. I got the piece of paper my fella got and it does not say much. I am confused why the chaplain wants a copy of my divorce decree when he is not even doing the cermony? I have to show it to the court house to get our lisence so why would the chaplain need it too? Oh well, some things are best left alone I guess. I think I am going to have to call him and get my answers as he is not very helpful at all to my guy. I read on the michigan lisence page that you can get your lisence three days after you apply. Then it said for special circumstances they will do it earlier. I wonder if I would be concidered a special case sense I am flying in from 3000 miles away? I do not see the need to be there four or five days early just to get this. I want to spend our visits after the weeding as husband and wife not in panic mode of omg three more days.. See what I am saying? I will call the court too I guess. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Marriage in Muskegon

Dear Mrs. D. I am planning to marry my fiance at Muskegon in the middle of September. Your posting has helped me so much. I am very nervous as this is both of our first and going to be our only marriages. :0) Again I just wanted to say Thank You from a hopeful girl and that I wish you and Mr. D. nothing but the best. Blessed Be!!! p.s. if there is anything else that you can tell me I would appreciate it. Again, thank you.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:16 PM
Chris Wife..4ever & a day

Lightbulb Getting married at EC Brooks

OMG!!!!! Thnak you so much for all the info. I have been up and down this site looking for info about getting married in Michgan and poof today i come across this thread THANK YOU . I just have a few more quetions I pretty sure have been answerd millions of times aready.

1. What kind of outfit did everyone wear? Im haveing the HARDESTEST time trying to figure this one out

2. Have anyone gotten married or in the process ( why further them me and chris..still waiting to hear form the chailpian) How was it

Again that you all so much ....you all are greart and I Thank GOD everyday that I find this site and you all...

GOD Bless...There is POWER behind Prayer.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Donation Award 

hi ladies... well we finally decided to get married. he kited the chplain, got the information and i am in the process of getting it ready. i havent seen any information on anyone getting married at Carson City... i had seen a few posts that mentioned $150.00 being the norm for a clergyman to charge but you can imagine my surprise when i was told $225.00 by the minister suggested to perform our ceremony.... i asked the chaplain if he knew of anyone else who could perform the ceremony and i am waiting to hear from them... i guess if i have to i will pay it because i dont have my own minister and live approximately two hours away... so everyone wish me luck that the new minister will perform the ceremony a little cheaper (i guess i'm just a tightwad, but i work hard for my money)
What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life - to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Girl we all do and DANG 225.00 is a lot of money I was complaining about 55.00 I had to pay for the minister here in MO. I will now see that as a blessing.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Donation Award 

well the $225.00 was a lot but i actually got quoted $395.00 by someone doing a wedding at pugsley correctional facility in michigan in april... i was blessed, someone was looking out for me .... i found this great reverend who is going to marry us for $75.00..... now thats a big difference....
maybe i should get ordained as a wedding officient
What greater thing is there for two human souls, than to feel that they are joined for life - to strengthen each other in all labour, to rest on each other in all sorrow, to minister to each other in all pain, to be one with each other in silent unspeakable memories at the moment of the last parting?
Old 04-03-2007, 10:54 AM

I am so glad you got a better deal. Congrats
Old 05-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Donation Award 

well i guess my "better deal" minister shouldn't have been my choice..... he backed out and now we are going to have to go with someone more expensive..... guess we should have went that way first because thanks to the state budget crunch (thanks so much "jennie") the county where i work is going to stop all contracted work through community mental health and at the end of the month i will lose my job..... so now we will have to wait even longer because the extra $ just wont fit into my budget....
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 AM

I am sorry to hear that. I hope something will workout for you sooner than later.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:50 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

I have a member inquiring about getting married by proxy at the kinross facility. Does anyone have any information about this process? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Patti
Old 06-14-2007, 10:04 PM

Can anyone help me???? LOL I'd like info on getting married to my boyfriend who is in Pine River has anyone gotten married there before or recently??? Thanks I don't know where to begin... Rebecca

:love: Loving My Papi Chulo:love:
Club Member#26

Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Donation Award 

Default getting married at last

well we got our date..... after four long months of waiting! i sent all my information out in march and never thought it would take this long.... i'm sure the chaplain got tired of hearing from me, i called him every week.
we are getting married on august 21st

now i just have to figure out what to wear!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:16 PM

He put in a kite to the chaplain 3 weeks ago at mid mi correctional facility and still heard nothing .anybody you no got married there.. if so please let me no
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Johnnysgirl10
Donation Award 

I do know someone that got married there, and it took 7 weeks from start to finish! She isn't a PTO member, but if you have any questions I can try to ask her for you!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Hello, I am new to PTO and I see that I am not the only one that's having a hard time with this marriage thing. My husband to be is residing at Baraga Max in Baraga, Michigan and the Chaplain there has been giving us the run around. First he said that we had to go through the proper channels, which consisted of my fiance sending in a kite asking to be married. I later had to write the chaplain requesting the marraige, filling out a form, and later purchasing the rings. Well, we did all of that and we are still having problems. To make a long story short, the chaplain told me I had to locate a local clergy to perform the marraige because he doesn't to them. I found it very hard to do because I don't live in Baraga. I am from Detroit. I wrote him a letter stating that and I asked him if he could assist me in finding someone since, I thought, was his job to do in the first place.My fiance approached him about it and he told my fiance that he had found someone to do it and that he forwarded all the information to that clergy. Weeks passed and no word from the clergy. So I wrote the chaplain a nice letter, well, sort of a nice letter, but to the point, asking him what was going on. In his reply to my letter, he stated that the clergy changed his mind and that I should either find someone on my own, wait until my fiance moves closer or wait until he gets out of prison, which is in 2009. I was appauled to say the least. The nerve of him to try and dictate.

I am really having a hard time finding someone to perform our wedding. We love each other so much and we want this so badly. No one can understand the love we have for one another and no one and nothing should stand in the way of our happiness. This whole ordeal has been going on since June 2007.

Can anyone give me some pointers and/or maybe someone on this thread knows of a local clergy that doesn't mind traveling.

Help a sistah out please!!!!
Old 09-23-2007, 04:32 PM
getting married

Default clergy

I found a clergy in Ionia Michigan who is very nice and he only charges 50.00 I do not know if he will travel, but its worth a shot. His last name is Yarrington I believe his first name is Steve.