Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Account Closed

Congratulations!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 AM

hii..
im 20 and gettin married within the next 2 months we fill out of paperwork november 10th " ) congrats
The Following User Says Thank You to ciarasenay For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 AM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,960 Times in 2,197 Posts

Congrats!
The Following User Says Thank You to Agapi702 For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Me & Him

Congrats!
The Following User Says Thank You to goodkarma For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 AM

I actually just got married last month and it wasn't actually that difficult all you have to do is pick up the proxy paper and send it to your man,he fills it out and then sends it back to you, then you go down to the courthouse and pick up your marriage license,it cost me 67$ for mines and then after you have your marriage liscense you wait like 3 days and go back and have a judge marry you. Then bam your married
congrats I wish you the best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrz_rosario For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 07:06 PM
So In Love With Him!

Congrats!!! I'm 19 too and getting married Feb 26th!!!

He's HOME!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lorintaylor For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 PM
Account Closed

Good Luck. 19? I'd wait till he came home, but I wish you the best.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:06 PM
i dont know anymore

congrats! i'm 20 but me and my man are waiting till we're done with school (he wants to go back to school when he comes home in *hopefully* december) so 2 more years to go for us... december 2012!

He broke my trust and my heart one too many times.
The Following User Says Thank You to jdcl0215 For This Useful Post:
mz.b3anz (11-20-2010)
Old 11-20-2010, 08:37 PM

WHEW to all the Newlyweds or upcoming Best of luck to all of you!!! thank you everyone for the advice
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 AM

My fiancee' just moved to E.C Brooks correctional facility in Muskegon I would like to know if anyone can help me on the marriage procedures called chaplin but he hasn't returned my calls
Old 12-19-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_ray2010 View Post
My fiancee' just moved to E.C Brooks correctional facility in Muskegon I would like to know if anyone can help me on the marriage procedures called chaplin but he hasn't returned my calls
i have someone in brooks but know bout the marriage thing,best wishes and please post if you find out more info.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:07 AM

Cool getting married at chippewa prison

so i have been on here reading all your wounderfull stuff and i just want to say thank you to everyone that has posted on here i was so lost about getting married to my boyfriend of 8 years, but now i know what we have to do but i know that it is different at all prisons so if there is anyone that got married at chippewa prison that could help me out that would be wounder full... and do i have to write the chaplin first or does he?? thanks so much agian
heather

bunny luvs rabbitt forever
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Well I just read thru all of this as I will be getting married soon, but I'm sure mine will be a tad different as I now reside in NY and he is in Carson City. Hopefully all goes well because our plans are to have him parole here in NY.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 PM

I plan on getting married to my man now that he is in prison we wanted to do it while he was out but he wanted to do it with a ring mainly the gentleman way of putting but the fates have put it into play that for him to be able to see my daughter who calls him daddy we have to be married, which I am willing to do as soon as possible he misses her so much n she adores him n ask for him everyday, so we might as well take the leap n make it offical we already knew it was going to happen one way or another
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 PM

Quote:
This is what MTU states that the bride needs to do:

1. Fiance letter and accomanying documents to the Chaplain:
*Must inclue your desire to marry the groom.
*Must include that your are free to marry
If you are divorced, a copy of the divorce papers must be included
If you are under age you must recieve permission from you parents
*Must express that you are consenting freely to this marriage.
*Must include a copy of both your birth certificatre and his.

2. Fiance and Prisoner must meet with the Minister and/or Chaplain for counceling and instruction.....Fiance may use her own minister but he/she must be LEIN cleared and approved by the Warden. Services can olny be 10 mins long. Rev. Steve Yarrington is available to perform the ceremony. If you choose him to do your marriage, he must be contacted and a $20.00 non refundable deposit must be made. You may contact him to make arrangements and counseling...(gives phone number but I don't want to post that) A $50.00 minister's counseling and Wedding fee, deposit included, should be agreed upon. When the deposit and counseling has been made, then your marriage request will be sent to the Warden for final approval.

3. Fiance and Prisoner must send the names of the visitors attending the wedding ceremony to the chaplin. All visitors must be on the prisoners visiting list, LEIN cleared and approved by the Warden. You may have five (5) visitors at the service. Anyone not on the list will not be allowed to enter.

4. Fiance must purchace the marraige license from the county in which she lives. When you go to the court house to purchase your marriage license you will need the following:
*both birth certificates
*divorce papers if you have been divorced
*and/or letter of consent if you are under ages.
Do not purchase the license until a date has been set and approved by the Warden. If the Bride lives out of state, than the license should be purchased at the Ionia Court House.

5. A prisoner is allowed up to five visitors at the marriage ceremony, not including his fiance, groom, & minister. Excpet for the bride and groom, no one may attend the ceremony that is subject to visitor's restrictions, P.D. 05.03.140. The Warden may limit attendance at a marriage ceremony for legitimate custody and security reasons.
lalinguaarabapertutti.com
6. On day of the Wedding, the Bride should bring the following things:
* Bring marriage license.
* Bring the Wedding ring(s). No stones are allowed in the groom's ring. His ring must be $50.00 or less in value.
* Bring money for pictures. You are limited to 10 Polaroid shots of the Wedding. Check with the front desk for cost and procedure of purchase.
* Bring a change of clothes for the groom, (if desired) but only for the Wedding.
* Bride should dress modestly. Ceremony could be canceled. Any visitor who dresses inappropriatly will not be permitted int he visiting room.
* Bring Minister's fee ($50.00 minus deposit)

Ok well now that I've typed that all out ....I hope it will help other women wanting to marry someone at Handlon Michigan Training Unit in Ionia.

TTYL,
Ronda
very nice
Old 09-14-2012, 08:12 PM

HELP! I need to find out what I need to do to get married to my fiancee Frankie at St. Louis Correctional Facility in St. Louis, MI. The chaplain is out indefinitely due to cancer and they've made no indication that they may find a temporary or permanent replace ment for him. I know that I have to write a letter of intent to the chaplain, but neither I nor my fiancee knows where it needs to be sent, who to address it to, or when it may be processed to get this show on the road as it were. If anyone could PLEASE give me ANY information beyond this about getting married at St. Louis, it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 PM

Default Has anyone been married in Central MI Correctional?

My bestfriend who is my fiance wants to get married before he gets out. He proposed to me while he was in county. I want to get marrried too as this time apart has made us realize what we had, but were to blind to see. He has sent a kite to the Chaplain and informed me today that I need to send a letter of intent to marry to the chaplain. What type of letterto do I need to write? Does anyone know how long the process takes to get married and if the chaplain or a minister that can Marry us? Help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 PM

Default Michigan legal marriage question

In Michigan can an ex-inmate off parole get married to a current inmate? Trying to help my cousin get answers.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:13 PM

Thanked 1,073 Times in 355 Posts

I believe so, but all marriages have to be approved by the prison, so it could be denied because of that or other reasons.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:27 PM

Default We want to get married!!

I visited my honey for the first time in the prison yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! I feel like I fell in love with him all over again
Anyway, I need to know exactly STEP BY STEP what we need to do to get the ball rolling on the whole marriage thing. We want to get married while he is there. If anyone can tell me EXACTLY what he needs to do on his end and what I need to do on my end I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,976 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjc197932 View Post
I visited my honey for the first time in the prison yesterday and it was AMAZING!!! I feel like I fell in love with him all over again
Anyway, I need to know exactly STEP BY STEP what we need to do to get the ball rolling on the whole marriage thing. We want to get married while he is there. If anyone can tell me EXACTLY what he needs to do on his end and what I need to do on my end I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Did you read the very first post? The OP had some very good steps for you take! Congrats and good luck~

PTO Quarterly Winter Edition
Follow the Link to the newest Edition!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM

Hi I'm new to here but I'm in Alabama and my fiance currently incarcerated in Macomb correctional facility in New Haven,MI. I was trying to find an affordable wedding officiant/ premarital counselor. Plz let me kno if u kno anyone. Thx in advance.

Last edited by Ms.kim26; 03-28-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 PM

hi i was if anyone got married at the thumb correctional facility? if soo could you please message me with info about to how to do it and how much it costs,etc? my boyfriend is waiting to be transfered there and when he does get there we wanna get married. thank you
Old 10-16-2013, 08:06 PM

Talking love

Im in detroit mi.& my fiancé is in jackson mi. What would we need to get married at Cooper st correctiona. His birth cert say one name & his s.s.n say the name he always used & is on his prison id. He have no id & was applying for a name change b4 lock up
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 PM

Hello all I am planning to get married at Alger Correctional Fac and I was wondering if anyone would know what I should? I did find out that the Chaplin there does not do weddings but my best friend is a ordained minister and was wondering if she would be able to preform the ceremony? much help would be greatly appreciated.