Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM
It's us against the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfoote View Post
I'm going to wait until we get the approval to book my room. I did book a room at a motel in the historic district for Oct 23-24. We'll see how that goes. I'd rather stay at the one you suggested though since its close to the outlet and facility.

I'm so all over the place right now. On the one hand I'm excited just be able to make things offiicial. On the other hand all the things we have to go through and all the restrictions make it difficult to really enjoy the moment. Moreover our families are begging us to wait but I'm a cancer patient with a one year old we don't have time to wait.

Once he gets home in two years we'll make it festive, but in the mean time, we're going to make it happen despite all the obstacles.

I know I keep saying it but I just wanted to say thanks again. The support that I've gotten from the PTO fam is incredible.

I'm sorry to hear that but your have to do what's best for your. you can not please every one because at the end of the day it's all about your family meaning your child and husband and you. if you need some one to talk to im here for you.

You are very welcome.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 PM

DG-Got our license yesterday. He said that the chaplain gave him some document for both of us to fill out. Our letters are written and on their way to the warden, guess it's just a waiting game after we get this paper work from the chaplin completed. We'll see.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
DG-Got our license yesterday. He said that the chaplain gave him some document for both of us to fill out. Our letters are written and on their way to the warden, guess it's just a waiting game after we get this paper work from the chaplin completed. We'll see.
There's no paper work to fill out from the chaplain. the only paper the chaplain give to your fiance to give you a copy is the Maryland inmate marriage sheet. what kind of paper work is it?
Old 10-11-2009, 05:07 PM

I don't know what it is...I'm waiting on the mail. Auugh. We'll see. I probably won't get it until Thanksgiving. LOL!
Old 10-11-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
I don't know what it is...I'm waiting on the mail. Auugh. We'll see. I probably won't get it until Thanksgiving. LOL!
I know that the only paper the chaplain gives is the marriage sheet. have you call and talk to the chaplain to see what papers he's talking about.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:51 PM

No I haven't called. He just told me on Friday. I figuered I'd just wait and see what comes in the mail, it could just be the sheet you mentioned.

I'm going back down in two weeks, hopefully everything will be straight by then. I can't wait for this process to be over. I'm ready to just move on already.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:48 PM

you won't have long. for me the process was fast because i already had all the info that i need before i started everything and my husband been had the marriage info sheet already when he was at another prison down the street from MCIH. hopefully by the end of this week or the next week you hear something. once you mail your letter and copy of the marriage license to the warden every thing will
move fast because once the warden approved the wedding he give the chaplain the go ahead.and the chaplain will call about the date you pick and that's that.you will wait for the big day to come. what time did you pick for the ceremony?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM

You were right it was just the marriage sheet. I'm going to call the chaplain tomorrow to talk about the time and other specificiations. I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. He's worried that I'm going to fall apart after the ceremony when they tell me I have to leave. I'm good though. I'm going shopping and out to dinner afterwards. He said he's already talked to the fellas to set up a looooonnnng telephone date that night. Some honeymoon hugh! Good thing we're creative.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
You were right it was just the marriage sheet. I'm going to call the chaplain tomorrow to talk about the time and other specificiations. I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. He's worried that I'm going to fall apart after the ceremony when they tell me I have to leave. I'm good though. I'm going shopping and out to dinner afterwards. He said he's already talked to the fellas to set up a looooonnnng telephone date that night. Some honeymoon hugh! Good thing we're creative.
See nothing to worried about. I knew that's what it was.
well you can pick the time between 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm. I didn't start to get nervous until the day of my wedding when i was leaving the hotel to go to the prison. and afterward i talk to my husband all day and night on the phone. he's in the dorm their so they can use the phone anytime they want
so i was happy about that. I'm so happy for you.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks. That's the one good thing about the dorm, we can spend all night on the phone. I'll let you know as soon as we get the approval.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:31 PM

Default need help....

me n my man are getting married @ MCTC Hagerstown Md. I need help fining someone to preform the ceremony...does anyone know anyone?? I did contact Rev Deb but i can not afford $300.00 - i will be traveling from SC and i've already bought the rings and got the license...now it's the vehicle, the hotel, gas food ect.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazmir View Post
me n my man are getting married @ MCTC Hagerstown Md. I need help fining someone to preform the ceremony...does anyone know anyone?? I did contact Rev Deb but i can not afford $300.00 - i will be traveling from SC and i've already bought the rings and got the license...now it's the vehicle, the hotel, gas food ect.

Here's another one her name is Reverend Deborah J Cathers you can email her at.info@marylandweddingcelebrant.com
she is the one that perform my wedding this past June
she also is ordained independent non-denominational minister.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:50 AM

I shopped around as well and found Rev. Deb to be the cheapest in the area. She performed our wedding just a few weeks ago. Very professional, punctual and and efficient. Based on the wedding industry and the prison rules, she was the best choice for us.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:48 PM

Default Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaJ View Post
I'm planning to get married in July!!

My boyfriend is incarcerated in Jessup and I'm living in the Netherlands.
I think there's still alot to do, but I already got my ticket, that's one thing.

So tips and ideas are welcome!

Virginia:

I see this message was posted years ago. My boyfriend is also in Jessup and we want to get married. The chaplain does not marry people. Can you offer me the name of someone who will or some advice on how to proceed with marrying him.

Thanks.

Sandra B.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:49 PM

Default Question

Quote:
I shopped around as well and found Rev. Deb to be the cheapest in the area. She performed our wedding just a few weeks ago. Very professional, punctual and and efficient. Based on the wedding industry and the prison rules, she was the best choice for us.
Mrs. Foote:

Do you have Rev. Deb's phone number.

Thank you.

Sandra B.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 PM

you can email reverend debby at

reverenddebby@comcast.net
Old 01-23-2010, 04:02 PM

Her numbers are Toll-Free: 1-800-549-9578 / Home Phone: 443.507.5557
She's good about responding right away via email as well.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:01 AM

Smile How do i get married in hagerstown prison (rci)

So, my boyfriend wants to get married and currently he is in Roxbury Corr. in hagerstown. If anyone has any info on what I need to do that would be great. And if you have an idea of cost. Thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJReid View Post
So, my boyfriend wants to get married and currently he is in Roxbury Corr. in hagerstown. If anyone has any info on what I need to do that would be great. And if you have an idea of cost. Thanks

Me and my husband we're married at MCIH that's right down the road from RCI
your fiance will have to get the maryland inmate marriage sheet from the chaplain there and send you a copy of it to you.you will have to go to obtain a valid marriage license from the clerk of court in the county in which the marriage will occur and the county for Hagerstown MD will be washington county the address for the clerk of court is 95 w. washington street Hagerstown MD. the phone number is (301)733-8660 the fee for the license is $60.00 all you will need is your ID and both of your social security numbers.
after you have the marriage license you will have to make a copy of it and send it along with your letter indicating that you wish to married your intended at that correctional institution. mail it to the warden there and your fiance also have to write the warden a letter indicating he wish to married his intended also. and make sure you add the date of which you would like to get married on. they are only allowed to get married on Wednesday and Thursdays.

you will have to find your own officiator to perform the wedding ceremony
and the officiator have to write a letter stated that He/she will be the one performing the ceremony.
I have two officiant. the first one her name is Reverend debby her email address is

reverenddebby@comcast.net

her web-site - www.reverenddebby.com
she is an ordained independent non- denominational minister. she also perform wedding at prisons.

The second one is Reverend Deborah j Cathers. you can email her at

info@marylandweddingcelebrant.com
she also is ordained independent non-denominational minister. and Rev.Deborah J Cathers her fee is only $ 200.00
I hope this info helps you. and if you need more info please let me know.

Last edited by daddy girl; 02-15-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Old 02-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Da Legend's Wife

We are getting married on February 25, 2010 at MCIH in Hagerstwon, MD. Unfortunately, this prison does not allow pictures to be taken and the Chaplin there will not perform the ceremony. This facility will not allow a visit after the wedding. (Bummer) I do have a name and number for a Rev in MD that will travel there to perform the ceremony. ( We are using her) If anyone needs assistance on completing anything for that facility. I would please more than happy to assist.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akasweetness View Post
We are getting married on February 25, 2010 at MCIH in Hagerstwon, MD. Unfortunately, this prison does not allow pictures to be taken and the Chaplin there will not perform the ceremony. This facility will not allow a visit after the wedding. (Bummer) I do have a name and number for a Rev in MD that will travel there to perform the ceremony. ( We are using her) If anyone needs assistance on completing anything for that facility. I would please more than happy to assist.

I got married at MCIH the reason why they do not allow pictures taken the day you get married is because that's one of the days they have no visit. and since you getting married on a Thursday if you go see your new husband the next day friday you will be able to take pictures and have your visit extended a few more hours.
akasweetness (02-20-2010)
Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 PM

Smile Registering Rings

Hi,

I am going through the process of trying to get married on 4/15/10 at MCIH. The only thing I am having trouble with is trying to find out how we would go about getting our rings regitered? Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy girl View Post
Here's another one her name is Reverend Deborah J Cathers you can email her at.info@marylandweddingcelebrant.com
she also is ordained independent non-denominational minister.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarklak View Post
Hi,

I am going through the process of trying to get married on 4/15/10 at MCIH. The only thing I am having trouble with is trying to find out how we would go about getting our rings regitered? Any help you can provide would be great! Thanks!
I was just married by Rev Debbie's husband Robert on 04/01/10. My question is why do you need your rings registered? I would advise you not to get him a very expensive ring. If it is lost or stolen in DOC (the dept of corrections) will only reimburse him $50.00. That's it and I know because I was a correctional officer. I got my husband a 14kt gold ring from the pawn shop and then spent about $40 and got it engraved. I hope this information helps you and I hope your day is as beautiful as you have imagined it. Salaams...
Old 04-07-2010, 08:53 AM

Does anyone have any info on getting married at MCAC?? Or if it's even possible?
Old 04-25-2010, 02:08 PM

Default getting married in in brockbridge correctional facility questions

I am getting married on 4/30/10 and I'm not sure if my soon the be brother-in-law is going to be able to make it,do we need a witness?