Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:25 PM

ok sorry, i just found this thread, so i feel a little stupid posting my last post before i saw these posts. i guess my question would be to krayzie'swife, my man is at the mansfield correctional institution, and i wanted to know does the numbers you provided apply there as well, i know at the camp things might be different. also, i don't know if i'll b able to get his birth certificate and social security card, i dont think his family has them. thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2009, 08:04 AM

Ok I feel stupid, please disregard my last post, I posted before I saw this page. The only question I have is what should I do if I don't have access to my man's SS card and birth certificate?
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM

How long does the process take? Bran is almost done with his time at Ross, he has under a year left there, he will then be sent to Ky. We would like to marry before he leaves Ohio.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Donation Award 

Hello Chayseme121, it depends on if your fiance is inside the walls. if that's the case you can call attorney Dale Musilli @ 419-524-6522 and tell his secretary that you need a marriage packet and all the info you need will be in there. you have to set a date to meet with the attorney at the Richland County Courthouse and he will make arrangements to go to the prison to get your fiances' info. then you call the prison @ 419-525-4455 and talk to Mr. Giles and set a date. now you are going to need to write a letter telling why you want to marry and your fiancee will need to also. The ring for him has to be valued @ $75 you will have to send a copy of the receipt along with any divorce decrees if necessary and you have to get your own minister to perform the ceremony (he will haveto send his paperwork to Mr. Giles and the date for the actual ceremony has to be one of his regular visit days according to his last number (i.e. my fiancee's visit days are even because his last number is 0) you need ot be there by 7am and the ceremony will take place @ 8 am and you can only have one visitor from his list as the witness or he can get an inmate to stand in for him and then after the service you can visit from 9-3. If you need more info pm me and i will be more than glad to help you. and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:47 PM

anybody know any cheap ministers in mansfield ohio that will perform in MANCI as well as cheap attorneys... if so please email me at
bramonwilson@yahoo.com

or

brittanywilson04@tmail.com
Old 06-09-2009, 09:37 AM

my fiance is in Noble .Ohio and we are wanting to get married in there. do you know of anything or anyway about getting married there ? and how i go about doing that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygal View Post
Hello, I'm a lisence ordained minister of Ohio, I would like to help in any way I could......I don't know much about the rules of marriage in prisons, this is great info you have provided!! thanks so much..and prayers to you all.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:40 AM

do you know anything about Noble prison, ohio about getting married in there ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie'swifey View Post
Hello Chayseme121, it depends on if your fiance is inside the walls. if that's the case you can call attorney Dale Musilli @ 419-524-6522 and tell his secretary that you need a marriage packet and all the info you need will be in there. you have to set a date to meet with the attorney at the Richland County Courthouse and he will make arrangements to go to the prison to get your fiances' info. then you call the prison @ 419-525-4455 and talk to Mr. Giles and set a date. now you are going to need to write a letter telling why you want to marry and your fiancee will need to also. The ring for him has to be valued @ $75 you will have to send a copy of the receipt along with any divorce decrees if necessary and you have to get your own minister to perform the ceremony (he will haveto send his paperwork to Mr. Giles and the date for the actual ceremony has to be one of his regular visit days according to his last number (i.e. my fiancee's visit days are even because his last number is 0) you need ot be there by 7am and the ceremony will take place @ 8 am and you can only have one visitor from his list as the witness or he can get an inmate to stand in for him and then after the service you can visit from 9-3. If you need more info pm me and i will be more than glad to help you. and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 AM

my fiance is in noble also have you had any luck with marriage information ? if so please share with me the information you know thanks a bunch.. god bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misstiffhill View Post
hello my name is tiffany and my fiance is at noble correctional institution and if you could please help us to get married that would be a blessing
Old 09-21-2009, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanielinn37 View Post
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the process is for inmates in Ohio State Penitentiary getting married? I really need help with this and some information on how to the get the process started? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stepfanielinn
Hi Stefanie
My name is Tonya. I was curious to know if you ever found out how to go about getting married at OSP. My guy is currently in there and saw that you too were looking for info but it has been quite a while so I figured I would ask if you ever found out anything. If you have any info could you please let me know. Thanks. My E-mail is tonyac0013@gmail.com
Old 10-17-2009, 08:26 PM

hey did you ever find out about the marriage in nobel?

THANKS
Old 03-08-2010, 09:08 PM
He is my Always & Forever

Default MaCI...Please help! Time is running out.

My bf will be released in 4 months, 2 weeks. I live in KY, he is in MaCI, Ohio. Can we get married that quickly? What steps do I need to take? I don't even know where to begin. His case manager told him he would not be able to transfer PRC without immediate family...and I AM THE ONLY ONE HE HAS. I'm heartbroken and at a complete stand still right now. PLEASE HELP!!!!

We'll be a family on July 21, 2010.

**Ours are hearts of fire, love**

Old 04-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Keep on Pushin

Does anyone know of ministers in the CINCY-DAYTON area???
Old 08-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Default Ohio Weddings in DRC

Please contact me if you have been successful in getting married in one of the OHIO prisons. The DRC handbook allows weddings but the individual clerk of courts (county probate judges) seem to have tied things up in many of our counties by insisting couples be present to file their paperwork in person. That is where they are tripping us up. We have asked the clerk of courts to allow an attorney to take the paperwork to the prison but as of yet, we are not successful. The county clerks are telling us the judge says no.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:47 PM

Can anyone tell me any information on weddings at Noble Correctional Instituition (NCI) in Ohio. Thank you soooo muchh.

-In love with the KING!
Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 AM

Default Lake Erie

I need the number for a minister that will marry my fiance and I. He is in Conneaut Ohio. we have been trying to get married for 2 yrs and this is the farthest we have got. Pls. help!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:16 PM

I need to know the process of getting married at warren correctional....I have written my letter bit I don't know who to address it to besides the deputy warden.....we need more help we were suppose to marry prior to his incarceration. Someone out here has some directions for me please we are ready to come together as one...
Old 09-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Cindy Hardway

Default Trying 4over a year to get Married @ NCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetswife View Post
Please contact me if you have been successful in getting married in one of the OHIO prisons. The DRC handbook allows weddings but the individual clerk of courts (county probate judges) seem to have tied things up in many of our counties by insisting couples be present to file their paperwork in person. That is where they are tripping us up. We have asked the clerk of courts to allow an attorney to take the paperwork to the prison but as of yet, we are not successful. The county clerks are telling us the judge says no.
How well I am relating to exactly what your going through. Im at my wits end on trying to find a county that will allow us a marriage license. He asked me 1 year ago July to marry him, I gladly accepted but I am no closer to being his wife then I was in July 2009. If anyone knows of anything that could help us getting the license PLEASE share with me.. Thank You So Much. Cindy- Licking County 9-15-10
Old 09-21-2010, 06:53 PM

Cindy.....We finally are having luck. I go for my license in October. I wrote the DRC in Columbus a letter and complained. They contacted the prison and asked them to work with us. The prison then sent an employee for training in Probate Court to assist inmates in obtaining their marriage licenses and the guy was sworn in and registered as a clerk of courts for the sole purpose of obtaining inmate info and issuing licenses. Contact the religious services department of the STATE LEVEL of the DRC in Columbus and explain your situation. They might help you like they did us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyhardway View Post
How well I am relating to exactly what your going through. Im at my wits end on trying to find a county that will allow us a marriage license. He asked me 1 year ago July to marry him, I gladly accepted but I am no closer to being his wife then I was in July 2009. If anyone knows of anything that could help us getting the license PLEASE share with me.. Thank You So Much. Cindy- Licking County 9-15-10

Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 AM

Default WCI - Lebanon Ohio

I guess this is a good place to start with my first post.

I am a minister/wedding officiant in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.
Yesterday I performed a wedding for a wonderful couple; my first visit to WCI (Warren Correctional) in Lebanon.

If any of you are planning on getting married & are in need of someone to perform the ceremony, give me a shout. I'm now on the "okay" list with WCI.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Last edited by Weddingrev; 10-22-2010 at 10:13 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Weddingrev For This Useful Post:
Sweetswife (10-23-2010)
Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 AM

Talking

We are already set up with BelCI in the SE part of the state but if I hear of anyone in your area, I know who to put them in touch with. It takes a very special person to minister in corrections. Count yourself as one of the blessed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weddingrev View Post
I guess this is a good place to start with my first post.

I am a minister/wedding officiant in the Cincinnati/Dayton area.
Yesterday I performed a wedding for a wonderful couple; my first visit to WCI (Warren Correctional) in Lebanon.

If any of you are planning on getting married & are in need of someone to perform the ceremony, give me a shout. I'm now on the "okay" list with WCI.

Congratulations to the happy couple!

Old 10-23-2010, 08:26 AM

Thank you very much, Sweetswife. And congratulations to you!
The decision to do this was not taken lightly & in the process I've met some wonderful people.
We hope to do a vow renewal with family & friends in attendance when the groom is released. What a wonderful event to be a part of!
Again, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetswife View Post
We are already set up with BelCI in the SE part of the state but if I hear of anyone in your area, I know who to put them in touch with. It takes a very special person to minister in corrections. Count yourself as one of the blessed.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 AM
Cindy Hardway

Quote:
Originally Posted by revoltswife91 View Post
my fiance is in Noble .Ohio and we are wanting to get married in there. do you know of anything or anyway about getting married there ? and how i go about doing that .
My fiance and I have tried to get married @ NCI for over a year now (july2009) Ive written to Warden Banks, giving him my/our intentions of wanting to marry along with seeking his permission for Mike & I to marry @ Noble. Ive written to Chaplin Huggins and spoke to him a time or two on the telephone concerning this matter, He did send me a copy of the states rules and regulations reguarding prison marriages which was helpful, However I/We still run into brick walls when it comes to getting a marriage license and find ourselves right back at the start!! The way I read and understand the proceedure of getting the license is that the warden HAS to appoint a "volunteer" of NCI who will act as clerk to the court and to the inmate in collecting the legal ID and signature of the inmate and returning such legal information to the probate court in exchange for the Marriage License. Ive not gotten a response from either one of my two letters Ive written to Warden Banks asking permission and submitting our intentions of marriage. So maybe Ive misunderstood all the requirements, needs, rules and laws concerning this rather simple request of an inmate wanting to marry while confined in an Ohio state prison, I dont know. I do know this much for SURE....I want to marry the man that my heart and soul will forever Love!! Mike shares the same feelings and desire as mine.. Will we ever become man and wife while hes a inmate in an Ohio prison??? Its not looking too positive for us. Anybody out there with any information of Hope for me in this area I would Sooo Much welcome it. Thanks Everyone!!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:33 AM

Cindy...You are at the same point i was for MONTHS! The way to get around that is to write to the director of the DRC or write to the chaplain in charge of ALL of the other chaplains in the entire state. Her name is Wanza Jackson. Check out the DRC website and get addresses in Columbus. I sent 5 letters, using the Columbus director and assistant director, all ocated on High St. in Columbus. You WILL get action then. Write the letters and get back to me in 2 or 3 weeks and let me know if you got a result. We had to play HARDBALL Cindy, in order to get responses. I also paid a lawyer to call down to BelCI and talk to the warden's assistant. Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyhardway View Post
My fiance and I have tried to get married @ NCI for over a year now (july2009) Ive written to Warden Banks, giving him my/our intentions of wanting to marry along with seeking his permission for Mike & I to marry @ Noble. Ive written to Chaplin Huggins and spoke to him a time or two on the telephone concerning this matter, He did send me a copy of the states rules and regulations reguarding prison marriages which was helpful, However I/We still run into brick walls when it comes to getting a marriage license and find ourselves right back at the start!! The way I read and understand the proceedure of getting the license is that the warden HAS to appoint a "volunteer" of NCI who will act as clerk to the court and to the inmate in collecting the legal ID and signature of the inmate and returning such legal information to the probate court in exchange for the Marriage License. Ive not gotten a response from either one of my two letters Ive written to Warden Banks asking permission and submitting our intentions of marriage. So maybe Ive misunderstood all the requirements, needs, rules and laws concerning this rather simple request of an inmate wanting to marry while confined in an Ohio state prison, I dont know. I do know this much for SURE....I want to marry the man that my heart and soul will forever Love!! Mike shares the same feelings and desire as mine.. Will we ever become man and wife while hes a inmate in an Ohio prison??? Its not looking too positive for us. Anybody out there with any information of Hope for me in this area I would Sooo Much welcome it. Thanks Everyone!!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Waiting for my King

around 340 in acctual fees you can find somone to marry you put the individual prisons will sometimes provied a list of ministers in the area that a familliar with the prison process. his ring has to be under 60 dollars with no stones and you are alloud one witness either somone from his visit list or one of the inmates of his choice
thats all i know so far still working on the process but this is all for mansfeild the other prisons might be different.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Default Proxy marriage

Does anyone know how to get a proxy wedding in ohio??