Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

View Poll Results: Has He Proposed To You While Incarcerated?
Yes 843 80.59%
No 94 8.99%
Not Yet.. 109 10.42%
Voters: 1046. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 PM
Holding him down

No my man proposed to me before he got locked up

Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 PM
Miss'in his body n touch

My man asked me to marry him Nov 10th, 2008 after he had been locked up for a year & a half. We discussed not getting married until he has been home for a year. But being that he has 11 years to go I would be close to 40 by the time we get married!?! I dont know about that! He might have to marry me behind bars ... Honestly it wouldnt bother me ... I just wanna be his wife!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 PM

Smile

My man proposed 4-25-09 during our visit. I said Yes

Old 04-28-2009, 03:02 AM
muyas wife

after being together for 37 years , 6 kids and 10 g-kids and 2 g-g-kids he now wants for us to get married he thinks about how he wants to have it done and everything , now how sweet is that? i told him "YES I WILL MARRY YOU"

my soulmate is now home!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gods mercy For This Useful Post:
joeldanielslove (01-07-2012), sweetfla (11-02-2015), Trainsbackbone (09-16-2013)
Old 04-28-2009, 04:42 AM
angel12569
Donation Award 

No my hubby proposed to me 3 months after we met and he wasn't incarcerated than. That was back in 1986, I of course said yes. We got married May 19, 1989, almost 20 years this year.

The Following User Says Thank You to angel12569 For This Useful Post:
sweetfla (11-02-2015)
Old 04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Donation Award 

My guy and I talked a lot about getting married and then his parents flew out to meet me and he called on the cell and he tells me to ask his mom to "give it to me" and she hands me a ring box and he tells me he is down on one knee and asking me to marry him. It was never the way I imagined it happening, but I still love it. I wont marry him until he is released because I think we should have some real world time together first.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loli83 For This Useful Post:
mrszdelaney (06-30-2016)
Old 04-28-2009, 07:05 PM
Im All He Knows

Smile

Yeap He did.... the 1st time i wasnt ready an that was 2008... but we R Married Now

After He Gets Out We R Goin 2 Have The Big Wedding I Can't Wait 4 That...

*FEBUARY 21, 2009*

Old 04-28-2009, 11:10 PM
~Our hearts are ONE~

Nope, my hunny for the last five yrs, has proposed at least once a wk, lol. But never thought he was serious. lol.

Since, he got incarcerated, he asked again, and I said Yes for the 1st time and well we will be getting married in a couple of yrs. .

Old 04-28-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiofoxx82 View Post
I remember being at my sister's college basketball game juggling my son and daughter, a diaper bag, and some junk food from the concession stand when my phone rang. I knew the ringtone so you can imagine how I was hustling trying to find a seat and give the kids their snacks before they ripped me apart. I missed the first call but he called back immediately. The game was kind of loud but I could still hear him so I stayed in the gym. We talked about the usual for around ten minutes then he asked me how much do I love him and do I think it could possibly last a lifetime. I was like Steven why you asking me that. He cleared his throat and said something that I couldn't swear by so I was like what and he repeated it. I told him that I still couldn't hear and give me a chance to get out of the gym. I left the kids with my brother-in-law and walked into the hall. It was at that time that GTL reared its ugly head and he told me he would call back because he had something important he wanted to talk about. I was worried by then so I told him to call RIGHT BACK NOW!!! The first words out of his mouth when he called back was "the question". I got the butterfingers out of nowhere and dropped the phone! Thank God the battery didn't pop out like it usually does. When I grabbed it off the floor a wave of lightheadness hit me and I had to cop a squat. I knew at that time, even though the thought of marrying him had never crossed my mind, that he was where I wanted to be and forever with him didn't seem like a long time at all. I said yes through the crying and the next thing I knew we were crying together. People were passing by probably wondering why I was squatting on a wall crying but I didn't care. I was his Mrs. and that's all that mattered.
That's a great story, Scorpio... I can see you trying to get your kids situated and then dropping the phone when you finally heard the question loud and clear. All the best to you and your love...

"What do we live for if not to make life less difficult for each other?" George Eliot
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM

He told me he wanted to make me his wife...I told him I was ready. The planning has been on every since...I love this man!!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 PM

Well my man asked me to read a letter he wrote me (on my bday) to his family.... it was adressed to me. I had alot of crazy thoughts and such but I agreed to do as he asked and not open it till I could read it aloud to them. They of course weren't home and I called and had him to call my cell. He told me to go ahead and read it.... He asked me to marry him!!!!! I have to post his letter as it means the world to me... Yes I know this is personal but I want to shout it from the roof tops.... 1 of the best birthday gifts I could ever get....
Pam,
Hey! How are you doing Birthday girl? Me, my heads full because I saw something in your eyes tonight when I told you my parole was revoked. I saw pain & desperation like I have never seen before, which confirms the love and loyalty that you have promised me.I have never known love like that before. (editing one part out due to a conflict) I ask you to read this in front of my family, because I want witnesses for what I have to say!
Let me start by saying, Pam I love you more than any woman I've ever known. You were my friend, then my partner & now somehow the love of my life! I know "Sorry" doesn't make up for the sacrifices I've cost you in pursuit of this love, but I pray that you will forgive me, yet I'll understand if you cannot!
I have been debating this next question for about 3 weeks now and despite my usually bad timing, it is 100% from the bottom of my heart!
Pamela Sue Shepherd, if I got out tomorrow or two years from now, Would you be my wife!? You don't have to answer until your ready, but know in your heart that I'm 4 real! You are the first woman I've ever ask that question and in my heart I know you'll be the last!
4 ever yours!
Tommy

My answer to this was to answer his call and say "I love you and my answer is HELL YEA" I've finally found the man of my dreams and it seems he loves me as much as I love him!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clydesbonne09 For This Useful Post:
joeldanielslove (01-07-2012), key-csh (09-30-2015), sweetfla (11-02-2015), Trainsbackbone (09-16-2013)
Old 05-03-2009, 02:16 PM
phila

Yes my baby be asked me alot of times i always thought he was joking til one day he called and said he has the marriage plan and lets start the process.so here we are tomorrow may 4th 2009 we will be husband and wife.
The Following User Says Thank You to thickeyphila For This Useful Post:
sweetfla (11-02-2015)
Old 05-03-2009, 04:18 PM

It was January 4, 2009, my cell phone kept ringing from this number I did not recognize so I kept ignoring it. That number kept calling...so after about 25 times, I finally answered it. It was him, he told me who he was (we met once 12 years ago) and until that day I had forgotten about him. I didn't know he was incarcerated until that day. He proceeded to tell me that we would be getting married on the beach some day. I told him he was crazy and asked him how did he know I was not already married. He said it was just a feeling he had. He told me that he knew I was THE one for him and that he never stopped thinking about me since the first day we met. (I must've made a hell of an impression) We began to write each other and about a month later he finally had me added to his visiting list. I went to see him for the first time after all those years and he asked me to be his wife. He smiled at me and the spell was cast. I told him yes and said I wanted to do it in July. I had picked 07.08.09 (I'm a numbers freak). He told me he didn't want to wait that long and neither did I really because we could not have contact visits until we were married. So on the way home, I was thinking of another day that would satisfy by numbers thing. I came up with 03.06.09...asked him if that date would work for him and he said hell yeah! So, I did it and we got our first contact visit, first touch, and first kiss on March 7th and it was absolutely amazing. I would have married him anywhere and it didn't matter one bit that he was in prison. I will love him forever!
(Yikes!) Sorry for the lengthy story.

He came home November 4, 2010
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to I complete him For This Useful Post:
joeldanielslove (01-07-2012), Melissa-TX (12-14-2009), Trainsbackbone (09-16-2013), _ledahlianoir_ (09-05-2009)
Old 05-03-2009, 04:27 PM

yup, proposed while in prison. and i will be proud to be his wife, he said if we get married in prison he would like us to renew our vows when hes out,
Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 PM
One more day down ...

Yes he did this Saturday (May 9, 2009) and I said yes, now its about pushing paper, neither of us want to wait ... we are so ready ... I'm ready and happy to be his Wife ...
Old 05-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Yes he asked me and we got married July 25th 2008.. It should never matter when or where the person asks you, if your love is true thats all that matters... I met my first husband at a church picnic, and I can tell you that didnt turn out well.. I met my Rico in the visitation room while seeing a friend of mine, and I have never been happier. He really completes me....
The Following User Says Thank You to princess381 For This Useful Post:
Melissa-TX (12-14-2009)
Old 05-11-2009, 11:46 PM

me and my baby have been together for 7 yrs, and we have been talking about marriage since our lil girl was born 14 months ago, but he went to jail 4-9-09, and proposed during a visit 3 weeks ago, and we got married on 5-9-09 (by proxy, he is still in county). but we are gonna do it right when he gets out...! but i am happy to be his wife finally!
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Yes he was in when he proposed to me. I dont think it could have been more perfect under any different circumstances...except maybe the part of me laughing after I said yes. My best friend told me that morning I was going to have a really good day and that he was going to propose...thing is she had no way of knowing cause he did not decide till I was there that day to ask it was kind of a spur of the moment think for him asking. It just shows me even more that it is fate for us to be together.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:31 PM

Yes, he did.
Like the woman above, he had to ask twice, because I thought he was joking.
Butt we are starting the marriage process on Monday =]
Old 05-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Yella's wife

yup........April 7, 2007 and we were married September 14, 2007!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 03:30 PM
ROCDELTA

Yes, He ask me to marry him? Being as though we both have/are married in the past It's something we both need to consider? There's still so much to learn and discover about him..
When the time is right for BOTH of us we'll know it..For right now he and I will cont. to build a bridge in order to move forward.
For all The Ladies who are considering this all --Follow your Heart and Know what you and He is up against.If you can wait--I say wait..It's do not matter where you get married it's where ur heart is at that time and place..Everythinh is not 4 everybody..This is your Wedding Day..Remember all the memories you has a lil girl..How your speacial day would be and Feel. Once again it's not where u marry it's where ur heart is at that moment, place, and time..
Good Luck to all who are consider taking the next step--Do it for yourself, Follow where your heart leads you.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
ROCDELTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
that's really sweet!!! marc has proposed to me NUMEROUS times over the last 3 years. me being of the suspicious persuasion(due to past involvements) wants to wait till i see how he acts out here and also i want him to see how i act out here, too. once he's out and he keeps his promises to me, IT'S ON!!!!!!!
I totally Agree..Wait and see if he is sincere when he is get's out.Only time will tell
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
MECHI AND DREAS DREAM

Yes my baby asked me in a letter and over the phone and I almost listened to other people telling me that I should wait till he gets home including some of his family members, but my thought is that I have known him for one since 3rd grade yes we lost contact for many years and did not reconnect till 91 dated for about a month, I broke up with him which he laughs about now, but didn't then, we still maintained a friendship until 93 and then got back together have been a couple every since and married in 2003 and I would not change a thing. Our 6th wedding anniversary is coming up in August and we will be able to celeberate it together since he will be home at the end of june if not sooner, so I am glad that I did it when I did.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:09 AM

Unhappy

Yep! He asked. But, he asked that we marry once he gets out. I prefer we wait to. I dont want no restrictions and I want it to be something special. And I can't imagine it being very memorable from behind bars.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:13 AM
Mother Of Civilization
Donation Award 

We've had 11 years together and he recently proposed to me March 2009 while incarcerated and I accepted and we are getting married July 7, 2009 @ 10am in Mecklenburg Correctional Center.

Mr & Mrs Tillmon

The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Tillmon For This Useful Post:
sweetfla (11-02-2015)