Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Does he ask for too much money?
No, not at all 351 58.89%
Sometime he does 165 27.68%
Way to much money 55 9.23%
He sends money instead 40 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2016, 01:05 AM

my boyfriend never asks for money, in fact when he was in county he would have his sister meet me at the jail to give me money (she had all his money that he made before he got in trouble) to put on my phone so we could talk, even tho I told him I could pay for it.. we MWI & he is always telling me about how it makes him sick that some guys in there just find females to use while they're locked up for money & stuff.. so he never asks for money and politely declines when I try to offer because he says he never wants me to think that's why he's in this. he says he can take care of himself & that all he asks of me is love & loyalty & support. now that's he's out of county & in reception at wasco, we don't get phone calls but once we do, I'm just going to put money on my phone whether he likes it or not he did however, let me send him a stationary package because when he was transferred, he had no money on his books & he wanted to be able to write me. but after a month of him & I both contacting his sister to send him some of HIS money, & both of us being ignored by her.. I sent him some anyway. at first he didn't even know it was me because the letters are a little slow so the day I sent money thru jpay, I also wrote him & told him I sent him money so he knew it was there for him to get things he needed.. but he received the money before the letter so he wrote me telling me money just showed up & he didn't know where it came from. and then a few days later I got another letter which was him telling me how much he loves & appreciates me (neither one of us had ever said "I love you" at that time), and that it helped him out a lot, but again he asked me to not send him money because that's not why he wants me around.
right now I'm currently in between jobs, so I can't afford to send him anything.. but once i start working again & budget my own expenses, he'll be getting money every so often only because he doesn't expect it or demand it, & because even though he says he can handle it, I love than man & want to do what I can for him.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2016, 07:56 PM

Yes, he does, I do what i can and im not working right now, i had to let my mom borrow my savings money and i am looking for a job now. I told him when i start working i will look out but he thinks money grows on trees. I have interviews next week and im hoping i get a job because i need money to move also.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:52 AM

My boyfriend hardly ever ask me for money but when he does I just send him whatever I'm able to give and he is always thankful for whatever it is
Old 09-03-2016, 11:33 AM

My BF never ask me for anything. I put money on the phone I normally just save aclittle here and there for him and when it collect up I will let him know hey I got $50 or $100 or whatever it is for him and ask him how he wants me to disburse it. I can go along time without giving him anything. I send him books or journals from amazon whenever I choose to but he never asks for anything
Old 09-05-2016, 11:42 PM

Yes!!! And it's gotten to the point where I'm close to leaving him. So, here I am with our kids, doing my best to get through everyday, with a baby no less, and his selfish behavior is ridiculous. We went through a very difficult time where my kids and I almost ended up homeless. I saved the situation but I had the rug pulled out from under me. Not only was he not there emotionally, I came to find out that during the entire time I was in a panic and struggling, he was hitting up his grandparents for money for books, a tv, and account. And asking me for money to call everyday and books! He got his tv now but he may have lost his wife.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:48 AM
Waiting for my Sunshine

Well he has never asked me for money or to provide him with anything. He gets upset when I try and help pay for phone calls and transfer stamps to his JPay. He is actually keeping a count of how much he "owes" me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Poisoned Ashes For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 PM

nope,mines sends money,i send packages from securus but jus bc I want to,and he ALWAYS tells me not to lol,i mean come on jail food sucks so why not but even on visits he send the money I load up the lil white card and that's that,i don't even drive to see him bc he pays for the bus as well(I kinda have no sense of direction,lmbo I would get lost even if a map was glued to my face hehe ,he even sends a few dollars toward bills(I work a lot so my bills are LOW,my electric bill is 30 bucks lol) my point of saying all of that is if it ever flipped abd he couldn't send then I would hold him down bc hey he still holding me and he behind bars so I guess it really depends on there relationship,how was he before he was booked? was he even a provider while out on the streets? holding on to someone who is incarcerated is nooo easy task for either parties,but agreeing to stay by there side we all know what comes with it "shruggs"
Old 12-03-2016, 08:12 AM

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaydiEbb View Post
nope,mines sends money,i send packages from securus but jus bc I want to,and he ALWAYS tells me not to lol,i mean come on jail food sucks so why not but even on visits he send the money I load up the lil white card and that's that,i don't even drive to see him bc he pays for the bus as well(I kinda have no sense of direction,lmbo I would get lost even if a map was glued to my face hehe ,he even sends a few dollars toward bills(I work a lot so my bills are LOW,my electric bill is 30 bucks lol) my point of saying all of that is if it ever flipped abd he couldn't send then I would hold him down bc hey he still holding me and he behind bars so I guess it really depends on there relationship,how was he before he was booked? was he even a provider while out on the streets? holding on to someone who is incarcerated is nooo easy task for either parties,but agreeing to stay by there side we all know what comes with it "shruggs"
Where is he getting all that money from?
The Following User Says Thank You to thatwiz For This Useful Post:
LaydiEbb (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 01:26 AM

its not a lot of money to be honest and his grandfather had a trucking company and real estate property that was passed down through the family,like I said he has always been a provider
Old 12-05-2016, 01:34 AM

Default thatwiz(i dont know how to connect this to what u asked sorry im new)

its not a lot of money to be honest and his grandfather had a trucking company and real estate property that was passed down through the family,like I said he has always been a provider,but yea its been passed down through generations,its not really that serious though some are just more well of then others,just because a person is incarcerated doesn't mean they were poor beforehand lol,im not even sure why you asked that though but theres your answer,the bus ride is $25,i spoke about my 1 $30 bill,and on the card I put 25 bucks,i work a lot so I cant visit all the time soooo yea its really not a lot lol,a person who pushes wheelchairs for handicap inmates can make that or near each month its really not a lot but his isn't from a job while incarcerated
Old 04-28-2017, 07:30 AM

Jeez, seems like he is taking advantage of her. He's not on vacation!
She needs to let him go.
The Following User Says Thank You to SusuLaila89 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017)
Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 AM

I've never been asked to send money either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrymorales View Post
My husband doesn't ask me for money ...I just send him what i can...
Old 04-28-2017, 10:01 AM

My husband doesn't ask for much, but I send $50 every other week. I want to know he's ok And I can afford it. If I couldn't I wouldn't send it. He asked for new shoes, but only because he broke his foot and they didn't set it for a few days so his shoes after the cast came off didn't fit correctly. He puts all of his "paycheck" on the phone and email system. Only 2 more years until he's home!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanielsWyf For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017), attie (09-10-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (04-28-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 05:24 PM

My husband loves to eat, lol sometimes i joke about him having a tape worm. I admit i probably give him too much money but he doesnt ask or demand a certain amount. He tells me not to send him money and spend it on our babies but i insist. I tell him as long as i have it i will make sure he doesnt go without. I do not want him to have to go to bed hungry. Yes he gets 3 meals a day but they serve chow at 430 in the afternoon. Most people would be hungry before they go to sleep. But like i said i always tell him let me know when ur money is low and i will put some, and i decide how much i put and hes always grateful. If money is low for his books or the phone until i get paid again i let him know ahead of time and we make it stretch. We cant visit right now because the visits are video visits and the computer system at jail has been down since aug 2.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:57 PM

Let's see....does my man ask for too much? That's a hard one.....YES! I'M SORRY.......HELL YES! GOOOOOD NIGHT! Everyday... cookie coookie....need money baby When I get annoyed he keeps calling me. ITS LKIKE HE DOESN'T care I. On a fixed income with 2 kids and a mom who's hearts failing and I'm taking care of her. We have 2 under 3 years of age and it's like OMG DO U HEAR YOURSELF???? TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER is like NEVER....freaking annoying about it! I'm going to let him run his phone minutes out and make him sit there from now on. IN 2 WEEKS he's received upwards of 300.00+ .... and he's asking for more. While I'm staying in with our kids and packiing lunches and making all our house supplies stretch till there is like not a drop to spare... I'M NOT AN ATM!!! He KNOWS WE ARENT RICH! I'm so mad about the $. But he takes advantage of the fact I LOVE HIM & SPOIL HIM and barley say no to him...because I love seeing him HAPPY....but I WANT TO DRAW A LINE OVER FINANCES....but I wouldn't know how! He'd just harass me through phone or letters.... :'( or have someone else MOM OR GF W/E CALL ME TEXT ME AND SAY HE NEEDS U TO PUT $$$ ON..... AHHGHGGGG IVE HAD ENOUGH.....but HE is relentless! LADIES PLEASE HELP ME....I don't know what to do. I like my sanity and that's why I avoid the harassment.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexicosgirl4evr For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:26 PM

I think you need to rethink this relationship..... sounds like you have 3 kids but he is the only one that should know better! In jail 6 times in 5 years? And back in jail because if you arenít around to control his actions he canít stay out of trouble? You are NOT his mother. He needs to grow up on his own and show you that he can be the husband and father you and your kids deserve. Why should you and your kids do without so that he can have luxuries in jail? He should not be rewarded for being a brat!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsDeeKay For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017)
Old 10-09-2017, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDeeKay View Post
I think you need to rethink this relationship..... sounds like you have 3 kids but he is the only one that should know better! In jail 6 times in 5 years? And back in jail because if you arenít around to control his actions he canít stay out of trouble? You are NOT his mother. He needs to grow up on his own and show you that he can be the husband and father you and your kids deserve. Why should you and your kids do without so that he can have luxuries in jail? He should not be rewarded for being a brat!
Trust me I understand. But "rewarding him" isn't quite what it is.... it's more like a war of him wanting $ and my patience too thin.... I can say no 100x and he won't give up. I can ignore his calls his letters and he just asks his sister or another inmates loved one to call me.... SHIT he asked me out for 2 months at least 62 x before I was annoyed to death and asked hi. If I go out with u will u leave me alone?.... I'm a giving person....but even I am not STUPID....my question here is HOW IF ALL COMMUNICATION STOPS BETWEEN US and he still.finds a way to ask me.... am I to keep being harrasseed and hope he gives up eventually?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mexicosgirl4evr For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 AM

It is a learned behavior that has gotten him exactly what he wants. And that is the reward. Believe me, your children will do the same thing.....once you give in, the only thing the have been taught is donít stop until you get your way.

If you want it to stop, you have your number taken off his approved list. If someone else calls to ask, tell them to give him money and not to call you again. Period. If you are being harassed, report it to the police or change your number.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsDeeKay For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-10-2017), Sarianna (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 03:46 AM
Coopers disciple

He doesn't accept money from me at all. "Not unless you become rich all of the sudden." He said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kirin For This Useful Post:
maytayah (12-10-2017), Sarianna (12-10-2017)
Old 12-10-2017, 06:33 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,482 Times in 3,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicosgirl4evr View Post
Trust me I understand. But "rewarding him" isn't quite what it is.... it's more like a war of him wanting $ and my patience too thin.... I can say no 100x and he won't give up. I can ignore his calls his letters and he just asks his sister or another inmates loved one to call me.... SHIT he asked me out for 2 months at least 62 x before I was annoyed to death and asked hi. If I go out with u will u leave me alone?.... I'm a giving person....but even I am not STUPID....my question here is HOW IF ALL COMMUNICATION STOPS BETWEEN US and he still.finds a way to ask me.... am I to keep being harrasseed and hope he gives up eventually?
I doubt you are stupid as you sound like a caring lady however , you are being a fool for him. He knows you will give in so his harassing behaviour works. he will keep doing it until you show him you mean business.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-30-2017)
Old 12-17-2017, 09:38 PM

No, he doesn't ask for money period. If he needs it, he'll ask his dad.
If it's a holiday or something, I'll send him a little something but other than that, no.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:59 AM

He has no one other than me to give him money. I give him a flat amount per month. He knows I will always do what I can, when I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to InLuvWithALifer For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-22-2018)
Old 12-18-2017, 05:32 AM

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,788 Posts

My husband normally doesn't ask for much. I usually send 50 A month. I'll ask him is he needs more most of the time he says no but when he does ask I'll send him what he wants. And even when he doesn't ask I'll send him more. He's spoiled. And he sure knows it lol
Old 01-03-2018, 08:45 PM

Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,102 Posts

Well be blessed if you are never asked and don't have it!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (01-04-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 04:26 PM

When yíall talk of sending food , packages - how is that done. I thought you could only send packages through like Amazon etc ?