Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Does he ask for too much money?
No, not at all 351 58.89%
Sometime he does 165 27.68%
Way to much money 55 9.23%
He sends money instead 40 6.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 596. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 PM

My bf was a big spender in the streets and he brought that habit right to jail with him. He wants new clothes nothing to expensive hollister a 14k rosary. New sneakers . Money for commissary. He does ask for a lot. And when I say no he argue with me. Idk if I have it I have it if I don't then oh well.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Banned

HAH! That man WON'T let me send him money.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
One day at at time : )

My baby has never asked me for a single dollar but then again he has never had to ask. I found out on my own what the commisary limit was each week and that's what I send. I found out he could have a tv and sent the money to get one..same thing with the MP3. I love my baby and I strive to find out what he needs and handle it before he even has a chance to think about asking me for it. I always go above and beyond with my show of love because he is just everything to me...everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsMallory For This Useful Post:
Maushel (02-23-2015), zandra260 (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 01:22 PM
talking to the moon

I've always wondered how much is TOO much... my coworkers husband is locked up right now and at first she would send him $100 a week to buy what he "needed" cuz she had 2 jobs and could afford it. But last year she got laid off from one of the jobs and can no longer send that much anymore, so now she sends $100 a month. Of course he hasn't been happy about this at all, but what can he do... so in jan she went ahead and put $500 (thinking it was gonna last) on his books and not even 3mos later, he was telling her she needed to send him another 500 cuz he was out of money. I couldn't believe it. Here she is going to see him every weekend, putting money aside for him every paycheck, so that he'll have some when he gets out, paying all this money to the parole lawyer, not to mention the bills she has to pay., and he still has the nerve to get mad cuz she can't send him what she used to. I know she would if she could cuz she loves him, but damn, its frustrating to hear sometimes, especially when she doesn't know what it is he's spending the money on. I tell her to just send what she can and let him be mad if he wants, but she doesn't listen. So yes, I agree with u Qangel
Old 07-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,102 Times in 1,724 Posts

My Fiance' does not demand money from me, he does not ask for money to spend on unnecessarily things. I think some women need to stop thinking they can buy love or that they are making it were the man is going to want to come to them because they took care of them. If anything men that have not figured out that prison is not a luxury, most likely is not going to figure out that your love is a luxury and they need to earn your love. I have a friend and it amazes me how every time he goes to prison (he's been going since he was 15) he finds some woman to take care of him. I just seen on Facebook were some girl is representing her man. If she only knew just last month he was contacting a few girls and she just so happen to be the fool, the others said hell no.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:29 AM

Thanked 1,073 Times in 355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejandcgirl View Post
My fiance asks me to bring him 50 dollars each week (the maximum they are allowed) but from his bank account. He is on disability so he gets 600 dollars a month, which still leaves 400 dollars in the bank. We're trying to save as much as that as possible but he tells me to use it for gas (to come see him), and I'm sure soon for diapers and formula when we come to that. That being said, I wouldn't send him money for all that crazy stuff, even if it is his money! He had many chances (he left several rehabs) and finally the people who he had the contract with said no way and put his ass in jail. So he has no one to blame but himself, and i'm sorry if jail isn't fun but it's jail.
I don't understand how he can be in prison and get disability.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:23 PM

My boyfriend will never ask me for anything. He has high blood pressure and the jail has him on a low calorie, low fat diet. He has no choice in this, obviously. Well, because he wouldn't ask me to send him money for extras, he was only eating what they supplied. He ended up passing out because his blood sugar was so low from not eating enough. Ever since, I have sent him money every time his account runs low. Nothing serious, but I made him promise to buy donuts (because I know he likes them) and Ramen (to keep his calorie count up).

I'm not sure how I'd feel if he was constantly asking for $100s of dollars at a time. I wouldn't like it though! BUT if a woman wants to send her man $100 a week because she loves him, more power to her! Once my man gets to federal prison (he's in county now) I'll be sending him $300 a month. I told him it's not negotiable. I have a good job and I want him to be comfortable. Sure, he committed a crime and he deserves to be where he is, but he doesn't deserve to starve or even go hungry. I love him so why would I want him to be uncomfortable? As long as I have the money to send him, I'll send it. And it's not because (as someone else posted about some women) that I'm trying to buy his love or make him stay with me. I just love him, and care for his happiness.

I love you baby, and I'd do anything under the sun for you. Even this.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:40 PM

I told my husband straight up before we got married that if he is marrying me for my money then I ain't the one! I told him if and when I can send him anything I will. He said he doesn't expect anything from be but my love and respect. Luckily he has his mom and dad helping him out in that department. I sent him $170 total and three packages within four years. I do what I can when I can. I told him it's either packages or visits I can't do both and he said am I crazy he wants visits! So no he doesn't ask unless he really needs.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM

he dosent ask and i dont send. If i did send he would probably get mad anyway. he knows life on the outside is not easy, we work your butts off to pay pay pay.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:40 PM

No, he understands I'm out here taking care of his son so my expenses are limited. 

Sent from my iPod touch using PrisonTalk
Old 07-05-2012, 05:55 PM

My man doesn't ask for money. I send money so he can buy phone cards. And since I'm the one who wants him to call all the time I figure it's the least I can do. He'll send the order form for packages filled out and tells me to take things off if it's too much, or not send anything at all if I can't. Or I'll add things if I have the money too.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:13 PM

My Baby does not ask me for money, I just send it to him. I set up recurring payments so he will get some everytime I get paid.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:29 PM
C.Coleman's Wife for life

I send my husband money every week and when I have extra I send my nephew money. We would still have to buy things for my husband if he were on the streets so what is the difference. He is my husband and I do what needs to be done even when that includes sending him money.
D's baby (08-23-2013)
Old 07-30-2012, 08:54 PM

i put about $20-50 bucks on his books a month. so he can buy writing supplies, hygiene supplies to look/smell nice on viso days, and so he can buy some snicker bars cause i know my baby loves them. his parents put $100 a month for him to buy more snacks that are cheaper since candy bars are like a high priced item in there. ugh. oh but he has only asked me to put money on there twice, once he owed another inmate and that inmate was freaking out (over a soup..) and then the other time he needed it for medical. and that was only 20 dollars total, but i can't help but give him more. i know he would do the same for me, and did before he went in.

Last edited by kc005; 07-30-2012 at 08:58 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 06:38 AM

I send him 65 every 2 weeks put 25 on the phone a week and visit every weekend! The prison he is at has roaches so he doesnt eat there food. He provided for me so I take care of him!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 AM
Banned

My love doesn't ask me for any money at all. I just send it. It's for phones but if he needs it for commissary I tell him to use what he needs. I always worry that there is not enough on the phones and he hates how much it gets to me. I normally can afford it but I am on vacation and he knows I needed the money. I was trying to figure out how to get money on the phone because we are waiting for them to transfer the money onto his phone account and mine was running low he told me "babe please stop trying to figure it out and let me drive for once" and well he did. He got money put onto my account and his account should be set set today.

I love this guy <3
Old 09-28-2012, 10:21 AM

Thanked 1,163 Times in 492 Posts

He has never asked for money. He pays for our phone calls as well. I offer to send embossed envelopes, and he appreciates them but doesn't worry if I'm unable to send them. The only thing he has ever asked me is to make a phone call for him.
Needless to say, if he ever needed something I would do what I could to help provide

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
Old 09-28-2012, 10:36 AM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

He doesn't ask me for much but sometimes he asks me to send him certain books which I don't mind doing. He's never asked me for money and I don't think he would but sometimes if I can afford it, I'll send some money for his books. I don't have any kids or anything and I have a decent job so if I ever can send money or books then I always will. I do it because I love him and he would no doubt do it for me. He's helped me through many things in the past when he was out so I have no problem helping him out a little while he's in there.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:57 PM

Even though I would not mind sending him anything here and there, I don't have to and I love it to be honest. He was already incarcerated when we met and I was skeptical at first because I was not going to be some woman that he uses because we all know that it happens but he showed me otherwise. He makes it known that he wants to be with me for me and not what he can get. What I will do and don't mind doing is handling his business for him.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:24 PM

He has never out right asked me for money. I put 25 on his books for his birthday and I pay for phone time which can get up there. I feel like sometimes he hints at needing money but he knows I don't have any. Plus he can get money from who ever he's been getting it from all along.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:45 PM

He asks for money for the phone, so we can talk more. He doesn't ask for too much money, just reminds me that the more I send, the more we can talk.

He did ask for one time 200$ for a TV (so he can stop renting one). That includes that month's phone money too.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Missing Him

My babe doesn't. He knows I gotta take care of all the bills and my son while he's away. He only ask for the things he needs. He doesn't even want me to send him money for stamps and papers. He said he'll figure out a way to get them. He's trying to work in there.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:15 AM

He's Blessed to have his parents look out for him!! He knows My struggle w being a single mommy and quitting my job to finish school makes everything tight!! He's asked a couple of times, nothing major and I was happy to do it cause he wouldn't hesitate to help me if I needed it!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 PM

Because no one's mentioned it to the disability provider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourself1st View Post
I don't understand how he can be in prison and get disability.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:31 PM

His family and I go in on packages for him other than that I get him surprises and extras when he needs it..especially soups ! I've tasted that food they get!!! for sure i make sure he has food...: )