Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Question. We are looking at getting married. He'll probably end up going to Greenbay to start out his time. Where do we start and how long can it take. I'm from out of state so how would that work with the couseling sesions? Any help would be helpfull.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM

Default WISCONSIN Marriage Q&A

My fiance is in Fox Lake CI. We are deeply in love. Plus, the only way he can move where I am, Michigan, is with family. If I'm his wife, I am family.
FLCI just put a stop to anything regarding marriages from being notarized. My question is, will they allow a notary to stamp something from a power of attorney? I mean, if he signs over power of attorney to someone, and they fill out the forms for him to get married (we were going to get married by proxy in Colorado. a few of his friends have done it), will the notary stamp it?
The only other way to get married is to go thru this long counseling session, which we are hoping not to do. I live a long way from him, and it's pricey for me to get over there, but I will if I have to.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 AM

Default Getting married

My fiance and I been engaged for a year and we just decided recently that love cant wait and we want to get married while he is still incarcerated and I want to know what's the process, I just don't want to leave it up to my fiance to go about finding the info. Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 PM

Every state is different. There should be a department of corrections website that has all the info. You will need original birth certificates for both, Id and SSN cards and divorce degrees. Get those are the usually requirements for documentation. Just need to know the process for the state you wish to marry in.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:33 PM

Hi, Does anyone know what is the process in KCDC and if marriages are allowed there? Thanks
Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 AM

Default Question about counseling. WI

Hi Everyone ,

So my Fiance and I are planning to get married, and he has already request the paperwork etc. He said that we have to go through counseling (which I knew, because I have been married before) BUT he said that if she does not "APPROVE" it, there is nothing we can do, and she has only approved 3 marriages (Lincoln Correctional Center, Pastor Huston). Now I am nervous, what things do they ask, what are they looking for, will my previous marriages be a problem in the "prison" eyes. Also, will counseling be once a week, month. Does anyone know, or have any information that can help me, or prepare me, or even just ease my nerves. Thank You for any information
Old 07-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,181 Times in 7,109 Posts

I wish I could tell you how they do it in Wisconsin. I'll just share how it was done down here in Louisiana.

We had one counseling session with the Chaplain. He asked me if I knew the nature of my husband's crime. I did. He asked me if I knew what could happen if he violated his parole. I did. We are of different religions, so he asked me how I felt about that. We're too old for children, so we didn't go there. That was about the extent of our counseling.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:36 AM

Default I need some help on finding a chaplain. WI

Is there anyone that knows of a pastor or any marriage officiant that will do counsling classes and the marriage in waupun corr. Wi?
Old 09-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,375 Times in 11,862 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Have you checked with the prison Chaplain? They may have the answer if pre-wedding counseling classes have been offered there in the past.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:27 PM

Default WISCONSIN Marriage Q&A

I officiate weddings. I just wanted to know how to go about doing it for prisoners. Any insights anyone?
Old 11-14-2016, 07:08 PM

I'm looking into the same thing. What happened in your case?