Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central Everything about getting married in prison or jail. Notices, pictures, questions, stories, what to expect.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:05 PM

Default Prison weddings in Missouri?

Prison weddings in Missouri?Does anyone know where to start?And if someone on probation can marry a inmate in Missouri?Thanks for any advise you's may have.
The Following User Says Thank You to pattybrns For This Useful Post:
lette420 (10-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2003, 06:33 PM

I currently working on finding more marriage information for Missouri. I can tell you a couple things to get you started. The first being that you have to be on his visiting list. I know that sometimes a person on probation/parole have a harder time getting approved, but they can. He will also need to check with the chaplin on the marriage policy.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:12 PM

Thanks,its for my son i will let him know.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Angie loves Shawn 4-Ever

I do know what kind of probation you are on depends on if you get approved or not.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:36 AM

Yes, make sure your on the visiting list. Have him get the information from the chaplin of the facility. It will explain everything on there. I know Bowling Green you have to get a Minister to marry you, they don't have anyone there in the chaplins office. I found one that lives in that area if you need his name and number. Just PM me and good lucK! SWEETY TWEETY
Old 11-15-2003, 09:50 AM

I wrote to the Mo.State Prison and ask if a person on Parole/Probation can marry a inmate,they answered back yes,so just to let everyone know incase someone else may come across this same problem.Pattybrns
Old 11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
happy pto member

Default How To Get Married In Missouri

anyone with questions about getting married in missouri or anyone with any information please post here. i will answer your questions or help you find the answers.

1. Did you have any counsling
2. How long did the whole process take
3. Did you have to find your own minister
4. Were you allowed any flowers or disposable camera
5. How many guests were allowed to be there
6. What was the process to get the marriage license
7. What were the costs you had to pay
8. What were the two of you allowed to wear
9. Were you allowed to bring a wedding band in for him or did it have to be mailed and what was the value limit

sue

Last edited by TNC; 01-02-2004 at 12:24 PM..
Old 12-15-2003, 08:20 PM

Hello My question is my boyfriend is currently in prison and working on getting his divorce, after that is accomplished we would like to get married. Right now I am currently out on an appeals bond and could be returning to prison at anytime. What I would like to know is can two inmates get married in Missouri? I have been with this man for 13 years and we have a child together.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:38 PM
happy pto member

TAWNYA,
I WILL RESEARCH YOUR QUESTIONS AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT FOR YOU.
SUE

may the lord bless you and keep you Num 6:24
Old 01-15-2004, 08:30 PM

I am a ex employe, worked as an CO 1 for the prison. After falling in love with an Inmate i quit in no good standing only because i did not give my notice in. That was 1 1/2 year ago. Now we want to get married . I got told that i can get married but i am not allowed to visit for 5 years. Do i have to be on the visiting list in order to get married??? Please hurry we have our wedding date March 19th 2004
Old 01-18-2004, 12:26 AM

Selina, yes you have to be on the visiting list. Just got married at NECC, everyone that attends the marriage has to be on the visiting list.
Good luck!!!!SWEETY TWEETY
Old 01-18-2004, 06:08 AM
happy pto member

Good Luck Selina In Your Upcoming Marriage. As Sweety Tweety Said, You Do Have To Be On The Visiting List To Get Married. I Can't Imagine Why They Would Make You Wait 5 Years To Visit, But You'll Need To Work On That. Maybe He Could Put In A Special Request For You To Be Able To Visit On The Day You Are To Be Married.i Don't Know If Missouri Allows Marriage By Proxy Or Not, But I Will See What I Can Find Out For You.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:04 PM

hello my fiance is in necc i have been married 8 yrs to someone else we've been together 1 yr.we would like to get married,i need some help on my divorce,i dont have much money to do so what do you yhink?and what do you have to do to get married in necc?
Old 01-19-2004, 02:06 PM

hello my fiance is in necc i have been married 8 yrs to someone else we've been together 1 yr.we would like to get married,i need some help on my divorce,i dont have much money to do so what do you think?and what do you have to do to get married in necc?oh yeah me and my husband have not been togeter for 7 yrs.lol
Old 03-03-2004, 09:04 PM

Default Help my son is getting married monday,3-8-2004

Help my son is getting married monday March 8,2004 in Vandalia,Mo.What can he wear?Can they get pictures?Can we take change for pictures?Im perfoming the marriage,do i make it short and sweet?I want it to be nice for them,under the circumstances.My My why didn't i find this all out.Can you please let me know anything that may help,thank you so much.The mom,the minister.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:12 PM

Each prison is a little differant. My advise to you on such a short notice is to call the warden or the prison chaplin. They should be able to give you more specific information. Some prisons allow dispodable cameras and some have inmate photo tickets the inmate can purchace from commissary. I hope that after the weddign you or your new daughter in law will come back and tell us all about it.
Old 03-05-2004, 11:53 PM

Default Special visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina
I am a ex employe, worked as an CO 1 for the prison. After falling in love with an Inmate i quit in no good standing only because i did not give my notice in. That was 1 1/2 year ago. Now we want to get married . I got told that i can get married but i am not allowed to visit for 5 years. Do i have to be on the visiting list in order to get married??? Please hurry we have our wedding date March 19th 2004
Hi,i just wanted to let you know that the chaplin in Vandalia told me my son would be given a special visit to marry his girlfriend,because he is also on probation he got permission from his parole officer.So maybe you could talk to the chaplin and ask can you be given a special visit to marry that day.Im not sure how that prison works,but starting with the chaplin really helped us,good luck.Pat
Old 05-12-2004, 05:32 PM

I am trying to locate a minister who will perform my wedding at NECC in Bowling Green, MO. Does anyone know of any ministers in this area who perform prison weddings? I have already received the marriage packet from my fiance', now I just have to start jumping through the hoops to get it done. Any help anyone can give me on locating a minister would be greatly appreciated!
Old 07-31-2005, 04:38 PM

Does anyone know the protocal on Potosi Prison in Missouri?
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Hi, i'm new to the boards, i found out about it from a girl at work. I am currently engaged to my guy in Missouri, i'm finding it hard to figure out how or what the process is, what time i have to atke off and the requirements and what i got to go through to be married to him while he's in MDC. He has me on the guest list and such, so thats taken care of... i'm just not sure what i have to do or who i have to go through to get it done, and if there is a waiting period before you can do it officially.

Gidg
Old 02-17-2006, 09:58 PM

I am planing to get married in march to a girl at Chillicothe. I havn't been approved for visitation yet but the staff told me that I didnn't have to be to get married. Does anyone know if this is true? Also any help would be greatly appreciated. My fiancee and myself want this to come of without a hitch, so please give me an idea of what to expect and what I'll need to do. Thanks.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:05 PM

the love of my life is at moberly correctional center.we want to get married befor he gets out in aug 2007.were wondering what steps have to be taken to get it done and if we will get a privaste or congigal visit following the ceremony??!!! anyone know ??
Old 01-27-2008, 05:35 PM

Exclamation Farmington Correctional Center Marriages

Ok My bf and I have been planing on getting married in Oct of this year. He had some issues come up and is now in FCC. If any one can tell me anything on the issue of marriage at FCC I would appriecate it. I know that I'm on his vistors list I have been listed as his fiance on all his paperwork from the begining. I would love to be able to continue as planned with our wedding. Due to the fact that it is very inportant to us to be married and was before he got sentenced. So if any one can help I would appriecate the help. Thanks

Last edited by RRamer; 01-27-2008 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Didn't look right. LOL
Old 03-27-2008, 01:25 PM

Default Our love will never fade!

Me and my other half have been together for 6 yrs (we'll call it an extended engagement ) now that he is in jail, he has decided that he wants to marry me!! Does anyone know about FRDC and getting married there? If so let me know....thanx
Old 03-27-2008, 03:11 PM

Congratz