Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:38 PM

Default Inmates being sent to Florence, Az ??

Anyone know anything about Arnold sending many inmates to florence, Az? I am not sure which prison, as it looks as if there is more than one in
Florence. This is supposedly a "way out" for him to get around the judges
crack down on numbers. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
-----------------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 18,160 Times in 7,204 Posts

Yes, we have close to 5,000 inmates already housed in other states, such as Mississippi and Tennessee.

This is the link to the CDCr website's info on Out of State transfers: Click here
Old 09-01-2008, 04:03 PM

Thanks - I am aware of the numerous transfers, voluntary and not, that have gone on in the past year or two. I have also read an article about a lawsuit questioning the constituionality of these. what I am really interested in now is a large transfer of inmates to Florence and if any one else is hearing this/part of it or being encouraged to go. I haven't been able to find much about Florence - and yes, I have searched the AZ forums, plus have googled Florence. My son is at Avenal - we don't know if this would be a good move or not, and if he really has a choice. Thanks.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal mom View Post
Thanks - I am aware of the numerous transfers, voluntary and not, that have gone on in the past year or two. I have also read an article about a lawsuit questioning the constituionality of these. what I am really interested in now is a large transfer of inmates to Florence and if any one else is hearing this/part of it or being encouraged to go. I haven't been able to find much about Florence - and yes, I have searched the AZ forums, plus have googled Florence. My son is at Avenal - we don't know if this would be a good move or not, and if he really has a choice. Thanks.
Honestly, they aren't giving any choices in the matter. If they meet the criteria then they go and it seems the criteria is vague at best. From what I have gathered certain medical problems, pending court dates and behavioral problems are pretty much the only reasons they will not transfer an inmate. Oh and maybe short timers, under a year maybe. Eloy, AZ just opened and it has about 3000 beds I think, a lot have been going there in the recent past. As far as Florence, I don't know.

Also here is a link to CCA, the internet site for all of CCA facilities:
http://www.correctionscorp.com/home/

Good luck and blessings, Ally
Old 09-18-2008, 10:13 AM
GOOD GIRL LOVES BAD BOY

Allym Is Righ They Are Not Givin A Choice The Only People Fighting This Is The Ccpoa Job Sercuity But I Will Take What I Can Get.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:58 AM

I just had a little bit of news from my son. He was on the list to be shipped out of state and he's an inmate at Folsom Prison. He called last night and said that because he has dental work to be done, they are not going to transfer him as long as he has the pending dental work to be done. Right now he has to have a tooth pulled and he has some cavities. So I'm really surprised that this would have held up his transfer. He had got to the point where he had accepted that he was going to be transferred and was kind of thinking he didn't mind that much, because he has heard that the private prisons are better.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:54 PM
GOOD GIRL LOVES BAD BOY

Cali Girl I Am So Happy For You
Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl07 View Post
I just had a little bit of news from my son. He was on the list to be shipped out of state and he's an inmate at Folsom Prison. He called last night and said that because he has dental work to be done, they are not going to transfer him as long as he has the pending dental work to be done. Right now he has to have a tooth pulled and he has some cavities. So I'm really surprised that this would have held up his transfer. He had got to the point where he had accepted that he was going to be transferred and was kind of thinking he didn't mind that much, because he has heard that the private prisons are better.
I understand that some inmates are looking forward to the change. There seems to be mix emotions about all of this.

Good luck to you and your son!

Blessings, Ally
Old 09-20-2008, 10:29 AM

Hi Ladies;

Thanks to another member on here, we were able to confirm that the next bus leaving from Folsom to Wasco for Arizona is September 29th. Hope if this applies to anyone of you guys you will all be able to get a visit in this weekend or next weekend. Good Luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Romeogirl For This Useful Post:
AllyM (09-20-2008), BOOBSGIRL1990 (10-02-2008)
Old 09-21-2008, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeogirl View Post
Hi Ladies;

Thanks to another member on here, we were able to confirm that the next bus leaving from Folsom to Wasco for Arizona is September 29th. Hope if this applies to anyone of you guys you will all be able to get a visit in this weekend or next weekend. Good Luck.
I just visited my son, yesterday. He was on the transfer list, but because he has pending dental work to do they said that he could not be transferred until his dental work was all taken care off. He has to go to the dentist this week on Monday the 22nd. So he will probably still get transferred but just at a later time.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:29 PM
GOOD GIRL LOVES BAD BOY

I Was Just Thinking They Use The Interstate Compact So Inmates Can Be Closer To Loved Ones When They Tranfer Out Of State Can We Use It To Bring Them Back. Just A Thought Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to ekate For This Useful Post:
BOOBSGIRL1990 (10-02-2008)