Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Donation Award 

Default ~Out-of-State Transfer Talk November Chat~

Holy cow, it’s November already? Where did the year go? It’s time for turkey with dressing and warm pumpkin pie.

If it doesn't already have it's own thread or need one or belong in the rideshare/car pool sticky then this is the place to share.

Come in, get warm, and put your feet up.
Don’t forget to grab your favorite refreshment!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Hello. I guess i will be joining this forum really soon too. My husband is being sent out of state this week. I hope it's better there. I also hope to meet up with Ladies that will carpool there too.

AllyM is your love one out of state too?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezct View Post
Hello. I guess i will be joining this forum really soon too. My husband is being sent out of state this week. I hope it's better there. I also hope to meet up with Ladies that will carpool there too.

AllyM is your love one out of state too?

Hi sanchezct, welcome to this forum! I'm sorry you are having to go through this, I'm sure it's extremly stressful. My guy was scheduled to go out of state in May and for some strange twist of fate he was transferred to Solano instead (which is about an hour from me). He only has about 8 months left now. Anyway, I did a lot of research at that time and so when forum assignments came around I chose to take this forum.

I hope your husband gets to be in a better place, but I know it must be so hard having him go farther away from you.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings, Ally
Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Forever and a Day....

Location: About to be back in SOCAL 8/1!!!!!!!!!! It's been too long

Hello everyone! Well, I'm pretty new to this forum also. My man is getting transferred out today, to La Palma (hopefully spelled right). I live in Northern California, and it was already hard enough to get down to Imperial. But oh well, I have another year and a half to stick this out...And hopefully everything will just go smoothly until he's home again.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwinoslady View Post
Hello everyone! Well, I'm pretty new to this forum also. My man is getting transferred out today, to La Palma (hopefully spelled right). I live in Northern California, and it was already hard enough to get down to Imperial. But oh well, I have another year and a half to stick this out...And hopefully everything will just go smoothly until he's home again.
Welcome to the Forum lilwinoslady! Glad you joined us.

Hopefully the newer, cleaner environment will offer your loved one an easier time of it.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Blessings, Ally
Old 11-14-2008, 12:08 PM

I have no idea for sure where he's getting shipped to. All I know is he is leaving California. Their sending him to WASCO first then Arizona. Which place in Arizona we dont know. This is going to be difficult we are used to seeing him every week. I wish I knew more.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariaandtaylor View Post
I have no idea for sure where he's getting shipped to. All I know is he is leaving California. Their sending him to WASCO first then Arizona. Which place in Arizona we dont know. This is going to be difficult we are used to seeing him every week. I wish I knew more.
It will probably be La Palma, it is brand new and I've read some areas are still under construction. I also read a post somewhere that visiting is Friday through Monday and they get 30 minutes phone calls.

I'm sorry this is happening to you and your loved one, maybe being able to focus on the good things might help some.

We got really lucky and my guy was transferred to a prison an hour away from me, but on the other hand when he's locked in his building for days on end and water is leaking down the wall next to his bunk when it rains and all the GED classes are suddenly canceled, I wonder if it might have been better for him in the long run to get out of California. Just my perspective, I'm not in your shoes so I don't have your perspective. All I can say is it might help if you try to stay positive.

Blessings, Ally

Old 11-19-2008, 12:09 AM

Hi my love recently got transfered to la palma in az he likes it he says the meals r better the co's r more relaxed but being so far is starting to take a toll on him he came from ironwood state prison so he was only two hours away and i would go c him usually evrey saturday ! But since hes so far now (6 hours) im probally only gunna be able to travel up once every three months i will be visiting the 29th & 30th of november which im excited about i will let u ladies know how the visiting goes i still havent found neone on here whos visited la palma ! Bye , amy !

Last edited by AMY ESPINOZA; 11-19-2008 at 12:10 AM..
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMY ESPINOZA View Post
Hi my love recently got transfered to la palma in az he likes it he says the meals r better the co's r more relaxed but being so far is starting to take a toll on him he came from ironwood state prison so he was only two hours away and i would go c him usually evrey saturday ! But since hes so far now (6 hours) im probally only gunna be able to travel up once every three months i will be visiting the 29th & 30th of november which im excited about i will let u ladies know how the visiting goes i still havent found neone on here whos visited la palma ! Bye , amy !
I went for a visit at Red Rock this past weekend. While I was there a visitor from La Palma was there using the change machine. Apparently they don't have one there yet. So make sure take you pack your quarters,dimes and nickels . Have a great visit . Btw she said that her brother really liked it there alot better and they got to visit all day long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tillthen For This Useful Post:
AllyM (11-19-2008)
Old 11-19-2008, 04:19 PM

Hi there well my son got sent to La Palama on nov 7th and he real lkes it there better the food is good and the c/o are more nicer there and he said the room are a lil bigger there to. he said that he get to call home 3 tmes a week which he as just waiting for the bill now told me to but a phone card for him it will be better. to go see him now it is 5 hr and 45 min away from me. before he was 2 hr half he was in ironwood like amys love. well ladyies its good that we have somewhere to come now to chat. i still visit the ladyies at isp. but now i can come here to visit. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to rscald For This Useful Post:
AllyM (11-19-2008)
Old 11-19-2008, 05:22 PM
Missing my Hubby

Hey ladies how are you all doing? I will also be a member of this group since my husband is being transfered out of state, not sure where he is being sent but its looking like arizona, I don't know what to expect.. I know I will have a ton of questions here in the near future but I wanted to introduce myself
Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM

Thanks for the info nora e ill take my change i wonder if they except dollar bills the visits r from 8-4 saturdays & sundays but for the holiday there giving us thursday friday saturday and sunday !=] ! But im only going friday and saturday !
Old 11-19-2008, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMY ESPINOZA View Post
Thanks for the info nora e ill take my change i wonder if they except dollar bills the visits r from 8-4 saturdays & sundays but for the holiday there giving us thursday friday saturday and sunday !=] ! But im only going friday and saturday !
No paper money allowed, only coins. The machines do take the one dollar coin.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tillthen For This Useful Post:
AllyM (11-19-2008), Bennymom (11-20-2008), rscald (11-20-2008)
Old 11-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Donation Award 

Default A Thank You Shout Out!~

I just wanted to say Thank You to all you ladies who have been posting in last 24 hours!!! You are answering some long standing questions that others have been dying to know! PTO Community is awesome and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing! Blessings, Ally P.S. Is it me or is everyone unable to change font and color and size?
Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM

Yes i agree this prison stuff coold get hectic but with all these wonderful ladies helping out its muuch easier !
The Following User Says Thank You to AMY ESPINOZA For This Useful Post:
rscald (11-20-2008)
Old 11-20-2008, 05:49 PM

AMY ESPINOZA - My husband is supposed to be sent to LA PALMA anyday now. I know it's farther but i guess it's better for them. If and when mine goes out there we can chat about carpooling.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,154 Times in 668 Posts

Thank you for all the post
my son is thinking about
transferring out of state
right now he is at scc jamestown calif
so i was looking for any info you can share with me
he told me az / mississippi / oklahoma
i would like az cause it is closer to me
but i just want the best place for him
any info for me????
Thanks ladies
from a mother who loves her son
Old 11-20-2008, 07:46 PM

2 me my love seems calmer and more relaxed in la palma he calls constantly & its cool cuz he buys calling cards and he pays 15 dollars and he gets about 40 minutes so he splits that time up and we get to at least talk once a day he can even call my cellphone but i just hate him being so far but it does seem better for him but now that hes been there almost two months the distance is starting to take a toll on him as well he misses us visiting evrey saturday ! But like i said ill c him the thanksgiving weekend so that should make up for some lost time !
Old 11-20-2008, 09:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,154 Times in 668 Posts

Thanks for the info
enjoy your visit
let me know if the visit is the same as in calif visits
calling card that is nice better than the big phone bills
when i go to see my son it is about 5 1/2 hours drive for me
so az about 4 - 5 hours so not bad
thanks take care
just a mother who loves her son
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM

i just love it that we have our only web to come to and share about our love ones beening in az. thanks ladyies. mt son can have visit now so maybe we can help each other out on going to visit now i am good for dec so if anybody going up or wants to go up let me know. i am looking forward to helping out if i can. i know its going to be a two days trip up there.so if anybody gose before that let us know so we know what to look forward to ok. amy i know that your going so get us the inform please that will be helpful? be careful going up ok.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:47 AM

So... here is a thought! When I traveled over 1000 miles for our Family Visit, CDCR gave us double time, 4 nights instead of just 2. I wonder if they will honor that policy for out of state inmates?

Syl... I can tell you from 6 yrs experience, traveling to see a loved one is daunting but DOABLE. I live below the "poverty level" yet was still able to scrimp, save money and hunt down traveling options (carpools, planes, cheap motels, borrowed cars, etc...) to be able to make the 1300 mile journey 4-6 times a year. When there is a will, there is a way!

Blessed Be!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:14 PM

While visiting at Red Rock this past weekend I had my first experience of having my car searched for any contraband. As soon as we drove into the parking lot they had their little thing going on of searching every car that came in. Not only did they search the car but they had us stand in this metal fence kind of thing and had the dog sniff us for contraband. But I guess they have to do what they have to do.
If you are looking for a place to stay, We had a nice experince at the Comfort Inn. It was 63.99 = tax=71.00 per night which included A nice spacious room with 2 comfortable queen size beds, a mini fridge and microwave, HBO a desk with 2 chairs. In the morning they have a full Breakfast which is included in the price.
Next door they opened a new hotel called Legacy Suites Studios They are $44.00 = tax a night but only 1 queen bed and no breakfast. But for 1-2 pepole this is good option. Both of these Hotels are right of Florence Bld real close to I-10. If coming off the freeway from Cali they will be on your left hand side. There is also the Super 8 hotel which is across the street . Sorry I don't have any info on that one. Have a great visit.

Last edited by Tillthen; 11-21-2008 at 03:16 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tillthen For This Useful Post:
AllyM (11-23-2008), AMY ESPINOZA (11-23-2008), rscald (11-23-2008)
Old 11-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Wifey

ok i want to thank everyone on this site becasue i'm a new wife and they told him the day he signed his marriage certificate. but they told him arizona so i'm tring to find out anything and everything. so the info you guys have is great. and i will be back when he is transfered
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 PM

Thanks girls us california women can get through this together one more week and im on my way ! Good looking out on the hotels nora e thanks again !
The Following User Says Thank You to AMY ESPINOZA For This Useful Post:
rscald (11-23-2008)
Old 11-23-2008, 12:19 AM

thanks amy just let us know how it went and can you please let me know how mush money we can take in and all about how it was going in.be careful going up there will be praying for you and who even gose with you for a safe trip.
The Following User Says Thank You to rscald For This Useful Post:
AMY ESPINOZA (11-23-2008)
Closed Thread