Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:47 PM

Tonight my son told me that a rumor is going around tallahatchie ccf that the inmates that could go to b custody have been changed to b custody and will be shipped out and the mississippi inmates that are left in c custody go to parchman. The rumor is no Mississippi prisons to be housed at tallahatchie now that calif has took a lease on the place. Now MY Question is this true? What do yall think? Is this good or bad.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Unfortunately this is a wait and see issue.

MDOC will not let us know if this is true due to security concerns.

It is likely, but I doubt it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Griever11

i doubt it too, as the County jail is also located on the property if i am not mistaken. Part of the deal they made with MDOC to be located in Tallahatchie county and also Miss???? as for changing from C to B, i'm not sure they have the space, although they were adding on to the facility the last time i was there. RUMORS abound.

GOD BLESS,
Old 07-27-2007, 05:16 PM

22 prisoners transfered from tccf to wccf on 07262007. My son was one of them and says they are to bring more in tomorrow from tccf.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:49 AM
Donation Award 

Lots of moves going on.. I know one at MCCF who should have been A custody but chose to stay B custody because if he was changed to A custody he would be sent to Parchman was changed to A custody and sent to Parchman this week. We will have to all hang on and see what is happening.

I just wonder HOW or WHY we are still getting out of state when we can not even take good care of our own. I guess the "money" but seems we have enough problems.

I heard form a lady in CO a few years ago that they send their WORST GANG members to TCCF and she was GLAD because since they started doing this a LOT of their prison problems have decreased drastically. Like we need the BAD GANG ONES!!!!

Our cup is over flowing with all that is going on.

I am much in prayer for ALL our love ones right now. I am sure the "bad" are making it rough for them all, bad inmates and bad guards both. Gangs are in both. Sad to say but true. I pray for the love ones AND the guards. There is good in all as well as bad.

Hang on every one... It is a rocky road ahead. Many changes will be coming I imagine.. Let's pray for Mr. Epps and the entire MDOC system that they are led to do the right things and keep our love ones safe.

The moves will be very hard on many as far as travel goes. I really feel for those of you who will now have longer trips to have to make. Some are elderly and sick that have to travel to see their love ones. My prayers are with you also...
Old 07-28-2007, 06:37 AM
Griever11

agggggggggggggg,,,, i just did a post and it disappered, lets try again,

geeez ,, granny2 , when did he call you??? that's scary, I SURE hope i get my normal call from my son today, and that he hasn't been moved without being able to call, its a 4 hour drive coming up, sure would hate to get there and him not be there.

ALSO, my understanding is even if they bring out of state inmates in, they are not mixed with MDOC inmates unless they were convicted in Miss. IF they are cleaning house at TCCF, wonder if that means some of Unit 32 is going there???????

GOD BLESS our GUYS and Keep them safe. ROCKY Roads for sure... and I thought i was getting better at handling this!! NOW , its just hitting home again.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:47 AM
Donation Award 

I just checked MDOC and the one moved from MCCF to MSP has now been moved to SMCI. BETTER check MDOC or call first... LOTS of moving going on...FAST!!
Old 07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Griever11

hay hay, agggggg,again,,, I just checked MDOC and he is listed at MCCF.. BUT where is my brain, i call my self checking caller ID regualr. looks like he tried to call Wed evening and i missed the call, I SURE hope the phones arent turned off. IF he does'nt call today, I'll go nuts wondering about visitation.. WILL they tell me if he is there or not if I call MCCF today???? I know when i used to call TCCF, they wouldn't give me info on weekends.