Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 AM

Default Clearance Paperwork For Transfer

hi all, my husband received some paperwork regarding a medical clearance for an out of state transfer, can anyone tell me if this means he will be sent out for sure? i talked to his counselor and he didnt know about the paperwork, so he says. he will have to go to committee where they will determine if he goes or not. can anyone give me any info on this, what i can do or write to or something. my husband is a plumber there at the prison and has been for a lil more than 2 years. the counselor mentioned something about certain job types that can help to keep him here. please anyone, help!!!!

free at last, free at last, thank GOD almighty i'm free at last! not him, ME!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERRYSGIRL05 View Post
hi all, my husband received some paperwork regarding a medical clearance for an out of state transfer, can anyone tell me if this means he will be sent out for sure? i talked to his counselor and he didnt know about the paperwork, so he says. he will have to go to committee where they will determine if he goes or not. can anyone give me any info on this, what i can do or write to or something. my husband is a plumber there at the prison and has been for a lil more than 2 years. the counselor mentioned something about certain job types that can help to keep him here. please anyone, help!!!!
They are looking at everyone without exception. If he knows a trade and has a good job in there he might be more valuable to the system to stay.

They just did AB 900 testing for everyone in my guys dorm this week and they've been saying for months now if they don't go to school, have a job or are in SAP they are going to be transfered and most likely out of state.

The next step is the committee meeting and they will most likely say "oh you're going" but later on could change their story. That's what they did to my guy but it was more than 6 months ago and he's now in school and doing well which helps CDCr look better so I think they're going to leave him alone (plus he has some medical testing to be done in the next month or so).

Blessings, Ally
Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 AM

so if they are going to school, they cant get transferred? did i read that right?
Old 10-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscarrillo View Post
so if they are going to school, they cant get transferred? did i read that right?
No I didn't say that.

CDCR Presents “Pathways to Rehabilitation” Project Roadmap to Rehabilitation Oversight Board

http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/News/2008_Pre...es/Sept_4.html

My guy is in Solano and they are using that as there "jumping off point for better rehabilitation practices" and it's a good thing that he's in school but there are no hard and fast rules about the criteria. School or no school, job or no job... there are no guarantees.

Arnold is under court order to reduce the prison population and they are set on doing that. Our out of state inmate population just went over 5,000 recently and it's going to keep growing.

Only things that seem to be true stoppers at this point are pending court dates and certain medical conditions.

I'm sorry if my post may have misled you.

Blessings, Ally