Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Out-Of-State Facilities & Information Topics, Discussions and Information related to California Prison Inmates who are about to be, or have been transfered to prisons out of State.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:56 PM

Default Out of state tranfer, info needed

Can anyone give me some info on WASCO. He is being shipped out to WASCO before being sent out of state. Has anyone been through this recently. We have been able to visit him every weekend plus the 5 holidays for almost two years. Now there sending him out of state. Why would they send inmates who receive visits on a weekly basis out of state? Not that they should send anyone that doesnt want to transfer, but if you are having visits and you get mail just about everyday, why would you go. What about the hardship the families have to go through. What about the children, now the children cant see their father every week, because of over crowding. I was always told that 10% of inmates receive visits, why are these 10% being shipped against their will? First their going to move him 8 hours away from us, then a whole state!!!! What are the families suppose to do? It's not in the budget to keep them in California, do they think it's in our budget to bring the children to see their father..... how are we suppose to do this? Why do the families have to pay for what the state can't. We're already going through enough........
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2008, 06:04 PM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

i'm not sure you may want to post this in your state forum
Old 11-14-2008, 05:57 PM

So sorry this is happening to you - I think they sometimes go to Wasco first for whatever and then quickly are put on a bus for wherever they are going. To Answer your question about Why? California Does not give a damn about the families, the felon, or anyone else, except trying to beat the feds. It is all about money and control I think. Be careful who you vote for in the next governer election.
Good luck.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:29 AM

I guess I will be joining this forum often because I also received some frustrating news from my husband that he is going out of state pretty soon. This saddens me and my heart goes out to the selected people who were chosen to go through this.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:33 PM

Thank you ladies, well he has been transfered to Arizona. I will be making my first visit on Christmas. At least we can see him for the holidays. It saddens me that we cant see him every week like before, but if the facilities has more programs and ends up being a better place to complete his time, So be it. No matter where he is, I will always be with him. And I will be there to see him.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Wifey

im so sorry about the transer. i too am in the same boat. they told him he should be out with in the next few weeks so we are just here waiting for him to leave. but we are tryingto look at the good maybe the programs are better. i hate the state for doing this to our little family, again i'm sorry and i'll keep you and your family in my preyers, and maybe they will get sent back soon
Old 12-09-2008, 01:45 PM

My son told me on Sat, he too is on the list, that they sent 50-80 inmates out from where his is. CTF
Old 12-09-2008, 02:27 PM

Thanked 1,500 Times in 921 Posts

I am so sorry that everyone is going through this especially with the holidays around the corner. Everytime my man calls now, I worry that he is going to give me bad news. I agree with you mariaandtaylor...what about the children?!?! We have a 1 1/2 year old that I take to see her dad all the time as well as our older children to make sure they can continue to bond...if they transfer him out of state...how do they continue to bond? I feel for all of you and your and especially the children. I have written letters to everyone I can think of about the damage this will do to families but I wish there was something more we could do....if anyone has any thoughts, I'm sure we would all love to hear them.