Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Are you a man?
Yes 84 53.50%
No 73 46.50%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2015, 12:22 PM

Default Missing Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Not a problem Al, thanks for sharing.

There are times when Dee can be the same way. Honestly, it's a combination of things and different things in different people I'm sure, but sometimes it's the confinement itself that does it. Visiting is a break from the routine. What goes on when they're back in their cells and in the yard...is not always pleasant. And Dee doesn't like talking about it. The best answer I've gotten regarding a few mysteries is "babe, I'll tell you what happened when I get home, I can't talk about it here because you never know who's listening." But I've had some visits that were very good and some...similar to what you're describing above.

Not saying that that's what it was. But obviously, it's a factor for all of these women in general.

That thought out...I am glad you finally got to see her. I hope that her mother doesn't make the age difference an issue. Maybe you could volunteer to let her mother call you and put a voice and a demeanor to the face? I don't know what the best answer is there, or if you've already suggested it. Whatever the case is, I hope that you'll be able to continue your relationship and that future visits will be more pleasant.

I don't want to assume anyone's religious beliefs here, so Merry Christmas if you celebrate it and Happy Holiday Season if you celebrate something else (or don't particularly celebrate at all...) Again, thanks for coming and sharing, Al. Please keep us updated.

-E
Missing Dee,
Yes, some of it is as you described maybe. She gets very depressed over the holidays as well AND her mother had visited the previous 2 weekends so she'd just had the discussion with her mom about me. I honestly don't expect her mom to give 'us' the thumbs up...and that hurts, but it is what it is.
I have written a letter to my honey and offered to visit her mother in N. Georgia...I'm in Florida. I sent a 2nd letter offering to talk to her on the phone. If she wants to cut us off, I'd love to know why and give her a reason or two to consider leaving things alone.
Regarding saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah" or whatever, I think saying anything like that is a reflection of the speaker's religion, not mine, and since it's a positive thing to say, I don't mind it no matter if I'm Christian, Jewish, atheist, or whatever. I just say Happy Hanukkah back or Merry Christmas, anything. It's like having a smile handed to me and I'll take one of those any day.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AltheBiker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-23-2015), missingdee (12-23-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2015, 06:57 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,786 Times in 1,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltheBiker View Post
Missing Dee,
Yes, some of it is as you described maybe. She gets very depressed over the holidays as well AND her mother had visited the previous 2 weekends so she'd just had the discussion with her mom about me. I honestly don't expect her mom to give 'us' the thumbs up...and that hurts, but it is what it is.
I have written a letter to my honey and offered to visit her mother in N. Georgia...I'm in Florida. I sent a 2nd letter offering to talk to her on the phone. If she wants to cut us off, I'd love to know why and give her a reason or two to consider leaving things alone.
Regarding saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanukkah" or whatever, I think saying anything like that is a reflection of the speaker's religion, not mine, and since it's a positive thing to say, I don't mind it no matter if I'm Christian, Jewish, atheist, or whatever. I just say Happy Hanukkah back or Merry Christmas, anything. It's like having a smile handed to me and I'll take one of those any day.
We could all use a smile sometimes. I just got one myself in the form of a well-though birthday card (my birthday is coming up very soon.) Dee likes to create collages and she essentially created a collage of words and verbage for me. These situations, I think, sometimes make the little things mean just a little bit more. Especially since she's the world's worst letter writer and tends to clam up on the phone. I told her one time "babe, if you needed to pull a trick, you'd really suck at it." But she figured out a way to express herself with several microexpressions and 3 or 4 shorter messages, and that's something I wish she'd do more often...she's always had a hard time expressing herself on an emotional level and putting it into words and I think that would help her.

As for handling the possible cut-off/mother situation, I think you're handling it the best way. I also am hopeful that you have another opportunity to visit and that it goes better than what you experienced on the 20th. A lot of things come into play, and MWI is an entirely different dynamic all together...at least with Dee and I we have about a year and a half's worth of "real world" interaction under our belt from before her getting locked up, so there was never an unfamiliarity factor. Still, with some of the long stretches that they've kept us from seeing each other, there's always a little nervous energy on that first visit after a long lay-off...

Fingers crossed for you Al.

-E
Old 01-04-2016, 10:28 PM

Default We're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
I feel like I'm the only (active) man here.

Took a look at the Girlfriends & Wives section, and it looks rather inactive. I wonder why that is? I know there's more men in prison than women, but I read that women are going to prison in increasing numbers, plus Murica is #1 in largest prison population in the world.

So, any men here supporting their wives here?

Shogun.

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong forum section by accident. Can a moderator please move it? Thanks.
Hello. This is my first post on this site. My wife surrendered today to federal prison and it has been the toughest day of my life. I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the correct place. As I write this post, I have so many unanswered questions. My wife has yet to call and I have no idea when to expect one. I don't even know where to start on this 34 month journey! However to answer your question, yes there is another man here felling your pain.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:35 AM

Default Update on...things

Quote:
...As for handling the possible cut-off/mother situation, I think you're handling it the best way. I also am hopeful that you have another opportunity to visit and that it goes better than what you experienced on the 20th. A lot of things come into play, and MWI is an entirely different dynamic all together...at least with Dee and I we have about a year and a half's worth of "real world" interaction under our belt from before her getting locked up, so there was never an unfamiliarity factor. Still, with some of the long stretches that they've kept us from seeing each other, there's always a little nervous energy on that first visit after a long lay-off...

Fingers crossed for you Al.

-E
Ms E, I'm beginning to like you...great minds think alike and all that. My MWI and I have talked via phone and we've also written letters where we've discussed the visit. She apologized and told me she's not had anyone visit other than family and she was nervous. OK...I can accept that and it was a bit flattering that she was nervous 'for' me. She hates the process of visitation and the checks she has to go through to get into the visit room. But, because of our discussions via phone and letters, she's thinking of another visit soon. Well...soon for her but maybe not for me. I've told her that because of the first visit that we should meet more often. Her initial thought was that we could meet once a year and the rest could be handled by phone and letters. I wrote a detailed letter why that wasn't a good idea since we've been writing letters for more than 6 months now and she wasn't comfy with me at our first visit so more of the same will probably result in more of the same. She "almost" acquiesced during our last phone call about another visit but left it with saying "no promises". I think she finally took a step back and realized that I wasn't just trying to get more visits because I want more visits...but because we need them as a couple to become comfortable with each other. Kind of a big thing and I think she's beginning to see that. We have 5 more years so we have the time we need for all this. Now...regarding the mom decision. If you remember, I was upset because my MWI said if her mom said no to our relationship...then she'd honor her mom's wishes. This has gotten much traffic in my letters and phone calls. I started out wanting to talk or text or write to her mom but she said that would not be productive. Then I must have woke up or something because this decision is not her mom's to make but my MWI's decision to make. So my last communication was via letter saying it didn't matter to me what her mom says except that I want her to have a good relationship with her mom and family. I told my honey that the decision was hers to make. I don't really want to hang around for 5 years waiting for that decision though. I would rather she tell me her intentions now rather than me waiting for the next 5 years for her mom to make a decision. I know how she feels about me but she's juggling family wishes and her own wants and needs here. I'm beginning to realize that much of this "stuff" is coming from having almost no relationship with her family since she was about 13 and trying to build that back. I believe we'll get through this 'mom' thing and also the visit thing. This is different than a 'normal' relationship and all the prison stuff affects how she thinks and reacts. She isn't used to considering another person when saying or doing anything other than herself...at least for the last 8 years or so. So all this is new for her. I continue to learn about all this prison stuff and I'm also learning about her personal demons that affect her. Bottom line is we are on the right track and we're moving forward. We'll work on this bump in the road together and keep moving down the relationship road until we hit the next one. Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for me Ms E. Much appreciated.
Al
The Following User Says Thank You to AltheBiker For This Useful Post:
Driver For Hire (01-05-2016)
Old 01-05-2016, 02:42 AM

Default Wife surrendered to Federal Prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriBri08 View Post
Hello. This is my first post on this site. My wife surrendered today to federal prison and it has been the toughest day of my life. I'm not even sure if I'm posting in the correct place. As I write this post, I have so many unanswered questions. My wife has yet to call and I have no idea when to expect one. I don't even know where to start on this 34 month journey! However to answer your question, yes there is another man here felling your pain.
BriBri...this is hard, no lies there. Prison affects more than just the inmate. Your wife may not be able to contact you right away. If you know how to write to her, do that immediately. A letter at mail call will be a big boost to her attitude. Maybe you can call the chaplain at that prison and he can fill you in on the timeline you can expect and what you can do right now...and what you can't do. It all helps. One thing...if you ever want to rant and rave or raise hell...do that here before ever writing to some prison official. You can cause your wife some trouble by making her "visible" to the administration and guards, etc. Just think about that is all I'm saying. In the meantime, read the website for the prison she went to and call the chaplain. Best of luck.
Al
Driver For Hire (01-05-2016)
Old 03-24-2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshogun96 View Post
I feel like I'm the only (active) man here.

Took a look at the Girlfriends & Wives section, and it looks rather inactive. I wonder why that is? I know there's more men in prison than women, but I read that women are going to prison in increasing numbers, plus Murica is #1 in largest prison population in the world.

So, any men here supporting their wives here?

Shogun.

EDIT: I posted this in the wrong forum section by accident. Can a moderator please move it? Thanks.
Hi,

i'm a man supporting and waiting for my girlfriend who is serving at least 6 years in prison.There are lots of us about and Im always happy to talk to those in the same position!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to uniformed For This Useful Post:
blueshogun96 (03-28-2016), Driver For Hire (04-11-2016), missingdee (03-31-2016), sidewalker (03-27-2016)
Old 04-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniformed View Post
Hi,

i'm a man supporting and waiting for my girlfriend who is serving at least 6 years in prison.There are lots of us about and Im always happy to talk to those in the same position!
Always good to see another guy posting! I don't have a girlfriend in prison, but my pen-pal is a woman and it's always good to hear from another guy's perspective.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Driver For Hire For This Useful Post:
Slimruckus (04-12-2016), uniformed (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 01:06 PM

I am a man. I don't have a wifey/girlfriend in prison but I just started writing a girl that is in prison as a friend so we will see what happens. I know how it feels to be in prison and have no one to rely on, so I felt like I wanted to help someone or give my support to someone that might need it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slimruckus For This Useful Post:
breeann (07-15-2016), fbopnomore (04-12-2016), uniformed (04-12-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 07:23 PM

I'm a man and I support my beautiful wife-to-be Amanda. I've been with her for 15 months. Her max out date just went from 2019 to 2020. yep the rules were broke and very sad to say I was part of the reason. But lesson learned. I'll take care of her the best I can. But I will never send money to anyone else again. I'll wait on her as long as it takes. She is worth it. I pretty much already have a new mother and father in law and a couple new kids that we have really hit it off with really well. It's been very exciting and a real joy getting to know them better over the last year
The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaBabes For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-14-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 07:25 PM

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimruckus View Post
I am a man. I don't have a wifey/girlfriend in prison but I just started writing a girl that is in prison as a friend so we will see what happens. I know how it feels to be in prison and have no one to rely on, so I felt like I wanted to help someone or give my support to someone that might need it.
It's good that you can understand what prison life is like. That alone is head and shoulders above me. That will help you to relate to her and you will immediately understand what she's dealing with. It is a good thing that you are writing. BTW, what state are you in? Which facility are you writing to? Just being nosy. Take care and welcome to the forum.

Al
Slimruckus (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 07:30 PM

Default Support is a good thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaBabes View Post
I'm a man and I support my beautiful wife-to-be Amanda. I've been with her for 15 months. Her max out date just went from 2019 to 2020. yep the rules were broke and very sad to say I was part of the reason. But lesson learned. I'll take care of her the best I can. But I will never send money to anyone else again. I'll wait on her as long as it takes. She is worth it. I pretty much already have a new mother and father in law and a couple new kids that we have really hit it off with really well. It's been very exciting and a real joy getting to know them better over the last year
Did you know your fiancé before prison or how did you meet? It's great that you have a relationship with her kids and her parents now. 2019/2020 isn't all that far away. Good luck and enjoy getting to know the family and giving your honey your support.

Al
Old 04-13-2016, 08:14 PM

No I met her through a pen pal site. I never dreamed it would have turned out like it has. I just never would have thought I would have ever met someone and fell for her like I did. But really talked and spent so much time getting to know each other. I never wrote a letter to anyone before I wrote her. I never let anybody get to know me like I did her. and well my mother-in-law to be she has been a sweetheart. Its been quite a ride.we have had a couple scares There's been a time or two that the situations have made me have doubts a wonder about her. Bad thing is that I was dumb enough to complain at her about them. Every time I was proved to be in the wrong. Like I remember one time for 4 days I didn't get any jpay emails from her. I got kinda doubting her and I rave her what for in a n email. Well wouldn't you know it a few hours passes and all of a sudden I have like 10 emails come in at once from her and jpay had been held up I thought oh god she's never gonna forgive me for griping like I did. She called the next day yep she gave me what for but she forgave me. There has been a couple more similar things happen. I've finally learned everything just don't always work on schedule in the prison systems. I'm dreading this SEG sentence she is fixing to start. 90 days over the crap she got into. Back to mail and 1 call a month Gonna be a long 90 days.
missingdee (07-07-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
It's good that you can understand what prison life is like. That alone is head and shoulders above me. That will help you to relate to her and you will immediately understand what she's dealing with. It is a good thing that you are writing. BTW, what state are you in? Which facility are you writing to? Just being nosy. Take care and welcome to the forum.

Al
I always feel that if you have actually experienced something in your life no matter what it might be it always helps. I am from Pennsylvania and she is in Logan in Illinois. Thanks for having me I look forward to getting know as many people as I can and helping and receiving as much knowledge as I can Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimruckus For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-14-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
MissingDee...I had my visit with my MWI Sunday, the 20th of December. It was our first visit and it could have been better BUT, it was good to see her. She was very anxious, had a hard time concentrating and was a little stand-offish. But, she's not had anyone visit her in the past 9 years that wasn't family so I can understand her being anxious. She's never had a close relationship in her life...nothing loving or tender. Her past relationships were drug/sex related and not healthy. There is a large age gap between us and her mom does not approve, so the pressure from family isn't helping. She told me that if her mom tells her not to see me anymore, then we'll be done. I didn't like hearing that but you can't fight family. Her mom asked for a pic of the two of us from our visit so once mom can "see" the age gap and my gray hair...then I imagine I'll get the polite, "Hit the curb" talk unless for some reason her mom decides her daughter's happiness is foremost and the age difference (it's a lot...33 years) is up to her daughter and I and not really mom's concern to deal with. Hopefully this all goes the right way for 'us' but I'm not too sure at the moment that it will. If mom gets to choose her daughter's mate/friends, etc...then I would think I probably don't have much of a chance. If y'all don't mind me venting just a tad now...if mom had been that interested in her life from the age of 13 to the time she was incarcerated at 17...maybe she would never have gone to prison in the first place. She lived on her own since she was 13...so where was momma then? Thanks for letting me vent...I feel better now.
Al
Don't know if it means anything, but my ex-girlfriend is 27 years younger than me, and her father (who is older than me) and I have become reasonably good friends. I"m pretty sure he'd be thrilled if she and I end up together when she's released.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:09 AM
Discombobulated

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
Don't know if it means anything, but my ex-girlfriend is 27 years younger than me, and her father (who is older than me) and I have become reasonably good friends. I"m pretty sure he'd be thrilled if she and I end up together when she's released.
I hope you & Al share your experiences after your MWIs are released. I'd love to know how things turn out!
Old 06-01-2016, 08:13 PM

Default It matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
Since writing what you quoted, she and I have talked about the "momma" thing and it's not an issue. She hasn't been the easiest woman to get to know and I have to slow down a bit and give her time to think about things. I'm still trying to get her to open up to me and she's making headway there but it takes time. If she and I remain together, I expect her mom and dad will accept me one way or another if I treat their daughter right...and that is always most important.

Al
Old 07-07-2016, 01:57 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
No I met her through a pen pal site. I never dreamed it would have turned out like it has. I just never would have thought I would have ever met someone and fell for her like I did. But really talked and spent so much time getting to know each other. I never wrote a letter to anyone before I wrote her. I never let anybody get to know me like I did her. and well my mother-in-law to be she has been a sweetheart. Its been quite a ride.we have had a couple scares There's been a time or two that the situations have made me have doubts a wonder about her. Bad thing is that I was dumb enough to complain at her about them. Every time I was proved to be in the wrong. Like I remember one time for 4 days I didn't get any jpay emails from her. I got kinda doubting her and I rave her what for in a n email. Well wouldn't you know it a few hours passes and all of a sudden I have like 10 emails come in at once from her and jpay had been held up I thought oh god she's never gonna forgive me for griping like I did. She called the next day yep she gave me what for but she forgave me. There has been a couple more similar things happen. I've finally learned everything just don't always work on schedule in the prison systems. I'm dreading this SEG sentence she is fixing to start. 90 days over the crap she got into. Back to mail and 1 call a month Gonna be a long 90 days.
Has she finished up her SEG sentence? How're things going?
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 07-09-2016, 03:20 AM
Devoted Fiance

I am a man lol. My fiance is doing around 10 months but only has just about 7 more to go. She is 22 years old and not used to jail at all. Being about 5 feet even she struggles to not get picked on and to control her temper around people that do not respect her. Last month she got a block worker job so now she is not just laying around collecting dust and gets a monthly paycheck. She struggles to keep positive but I can usually get her thinking right again. Letters are our forum of deep communication. We share the more personal and emotional details like how much we appreciate each other, our fears, and our future. Visits are mostly recaps of what we wrote in letters and complimenting each other but also useful for relaying serious information. Phone calls are usually check ins, how our day was, and occasionally I get the call where she is crying and I need calm her down or she is about to do something stupid and I need to tell her why she is not going to do that and what she is going to instead. It isn't easy but we are bound by love and prison walls can't divide us fully. I love her.

Old 07-09-2016, 06:19 PM

My kind of gf(long story) has been in prison about 6 weeks now, she is still in the reception center in FL and waiting on perm placement. I have known her over 2 years and there has been a few shorts stop in county and rehab on probation violations until the last one got her sentenced to 30 mo in prison. we were together at one point for about 7 mo and working on things again. I have been reading the board since she got sentenced to prison and finally decided to register. The board has been alot of help on what is going on.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:42 AM

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by whataride View Post
My kind of gf(long story) has been in prison about 6 weeks now, she is still in the reception center in FL and waiting on perm placement. I have known her over 2 years and there has been a few shorts stop in county and rehab on probation violations until the last one got her sentenced to 30 mo in prison. we were together at one point for about 7 mo and working on things again. I have been reading the board since she got sentenced to prison and finally decided to register. The board has been alot of help on what is going on.
I have visited the FWRC for some training (I was going to volunteer to help with GED stuff) and my girl is in Lowell. I wish your woman well but she will have to 'want' to get clean. I hope she's successful. IF you have any questions you don't want to ask here...feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. Her time in FWRC can vary...there is no set time to be there. She could be a permanent resident there and only leave when her sentence is completed. If you haven't done it yet, write to her now. You can add phone and visits later but it's important she hears from someone that cares about her...soon.
Al
Old 07-10-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
I have visited the FWRC for some training (I was going to volunteer to help with GED stuff) and my girl is in Lowell. I wish your woman well but she will have to 'want' to get clean. I hope she's successful. IF you have any questions you don't want to ask here...feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to answer them. Her time in FWRC can vary...there is no set time to be there. She could be a permanent resident there and only leave when her sentence is completed. If you haven't done it yet, write to her now. You can add phone and visits later but it's important she hears from someone that cares about her...soon.
Al
I wrote the minute she left county and we traded letter for like 2.5 weeks before my phones got approved and now we talk multiple times a day and we still write. She says she wants to be clean and has resisted temptation in there at least so far. Its there if she wants it, she was sober at one point when we were together in the past so she knows how to do it and so far she is saying all the right things but we will see. I have been sober just over 9 yrs so I know the struggle myself. We just want hr per placed so we can do the visits, Im hoping she stays there or across the street instead of Gadsen as that is a long drive for me and will really limit how often I can go vs if stays in Ocala Im less than an hour away.
Old 07-10-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Has she finished up her SEG sentence? How're things going?
No I guess the SEG cells have been full. I was actually beginning to think they may not take her to do her SEG days but they took her last Wednesday. Kinda caught me off guard. We havnt been hardly writing at all we usually email a few times a day and call 2 or 3 times a day. So now I'm waiting on my first letter from her since they took her We had to go through 90 days about a year ago it was ok. We wrote tons of letters back and forth. Just waiting for the mail to catch up kinda gets you down though. But she didn't get her one call till Friday i dont figure I'll get another one for a month. so hearing her voice one last time to start this 90 days really made me feel better about it. When she called though she said it sounded like they had some deal there where she could earn more calls. Msk I'm really hoping that's the case. Hopefully the mail will catch up by Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna be a long few months for us
Old 07-11-2016, 12:30 AM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
No I guess the SEG cells have been full. I was actually beginning to think they may not take her to do her SEG days but they took her last Wednesday. Kinda caught me off guard. We havnt been hardly writing at all we usually email a few times a day and call 2 or 3 times a day. So now I'm waiting on my first letter from her since they took her We had to go through 90 days about a year ago it was ok. We wrote tons of letters back and forth. Just waiting for the mail to catch up kinda gets you down though. But she didn't get her one call till Friday i dont figure I'll get another one for a month. so hearing her voice one last time to start this 90 days really made me feel better about it. When she called though she said it sounded like they had some deal there where she could earn more calls. Msk I'm really hoping that's the case. Hopefully the mail will catch up by Tuesday or Wednesday. Gonna be a long few months for us
Man.....that kind of sucks that she was waiting that long for the SEG cell. I mean, good from the standpoint of she at least had that time to make calls and not be locked down and all, but then there's that torture of knowing it's coming. In some ways....maybe this is just me personally but I'd just want to get the time out of the way and behind me and not worry about it anymore.

Hope the next few months pass relatively quickly.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Man.....that kind of sucks that she was waiting that long for the SEG cell. I mean, good from the standpoint of she at least had that time to make calls and not be locked down and all, but then there's that torture of knowing it's coming. In some ways....maybe this is just me personally but I'd just want to get the time out of the way and behind me and not worry about it anymore.

Hope the next few months pass relatively quickly.

-E
Missingdee you are exactly right. The whole time she was saying she just wish they would take her and get the days over with. I know she was dreading it but I was was the opposite. I was like no lets hope they wait because she appealed it and we think she will win the appeal but she kept saying "they are going to take me you better be ready". And I thing the appeal hearing is in August. Well we we will get her through this and hopefully win the appeal and at least get her 120 days good time back. Good thing is she just got 90 knocked back off for a college correspondence class and she's doing another one at the moment with Stratford. I think this week I'm gonna sign her up for another one at blackstone. That will help her keep busy while in SEG

Last edited by AmandaBabes; 07-11-2016 at 12:23 PM..
missingdee (07-11-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 12:56 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Missingdee you are exactly right. The whole time she was saying she just wish they would take her and get the days over with. I know she was dreading it but I was was the opposite. I was like no lets hope they wait because she appealed it and we think she will win the appeal but she kept saying "they are going to take me you better be ready". And I thing the appeal hearing is in August. Well we we will get her through this and hopefully win the appeal and at least get her 120 days good time back. Good thing is she just got 90 knocked back off for a college correspondence class and she's doing another one at the moment with Stratford. I think this week I'm gonna sign her up for another one at blackstone. That will help her keep busy while in SEG
I wish they had "Like" as an option instead of just "Thanks." LOL!

Appeals can be a pain in the butt...Dee and I are still waiting on a finishing of appeals going back to last year, and they're still trying to serve her with fresh disciplinary actions from 6-8 months ago (which she appeals as untimely....those she's winning.) The amusing part is, if she wins ANY of the appeals she's put in, since they're all for the same thing, they apparently have to grant all of them. Denials so far have been regarding timeliness of appeals, but part of the issue is that she isn't receiving the write-ups in a timely fashion either.

The issue is, even if she wins and gets all her credits back, she still has to wait 30-45 days (I'm unclear on which the right number is, heard different things and read different things) for release due to "victim notification." Which is stupid since the current sentence is for an in-prison drug charge, the alleged victim being....the state? I mean, the state's aware. So I don't get it personally....but fingers crossed because if it comes through in the next few weeks I might actually be able to take her to a baseball game this year. I've managed to convert her into a Dodger fan while she's been in prison to the point where if she gets bunked up with a Giants or Angels fan she winds up talking all sorts of shit to them about it. LOL! All in fun of course. As it is, the max is before Christmas, so the holidays should be good this year.

Assuming no credit changes happen, loses 120, gains 90, so net loss of 30...how much longer do you have to go?

-E