Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 07-18-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddysgal View Post
Anything can happen in prison/jail.. Phones have long lines, lockdown etc.. 4 days is not that long. I was freaking out last week over 2 weeks without hearing from my man and he called.. His back is really messed up and he was in a world of pain and waiting in line for the phone was making things worse. Also, where he is the phones are controlled by gangs. Try and be patient. But, however if you have truly had it with him then slowly pull away and see his reaction.. I agree with the other ladies.. His homies will disappear soon!!
Thank u so much for replying. Omg! I'm​ so sorry. I would be so worried knowing that the phones are controlled by gangs. That is also a fear of mine. I'm scared for him. We had a good talk and everyone's comments are seriously helping me. I have learned so much from y'all lovely ladies.. I appreciate each and everyone
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2017, 08:27 AM
J's baby forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wrong View Post
Yes I did. He got the letters today and explained my part and how I feel and he sounded so depressed. Telling me that God has him thinking alot and that he's sorry for being selfish. He never realized how much he had hurt me.. we had a good talk. I Know those letters hurt him but honestly that's how I was feeling. My heart has been hurt many times by him and I brushed my feelings to the side for his happiness.. I also told him that I shouldn't have reacted like that and that I was gonna try hard to work on myself. That I understand now that things can happen that are not his or my control. I'm trying hard to adjust to this new life and that we can work through this together.
It'll take time but you can adjust. Things do get a little more tolerable.
The Following User Says Thank You to starshinedarlin For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Wrong (07-19-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 02:03 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

At one point I waited a YEAR AND A HALF to hear back from him again. It was miserable. No phone calls, no letters, no nothing (I wasn't visiting him yet.)

When I finally heard back fro him I found out he had no control over the situation. He had been able to receive my letters but had a ban on contacting me for that period of time, because the counselor thought our relationship was inappropriate because we had said that we loved each other and I was married to someone else at the time (who was at that point terminally ill, and has since died.)

First of all, M is my best friend and has been for 23 years and it's not uncommon at all for best friends to tell each other that they love each other. Secondly, because of my then husband's circumstances we had made a decision that we wanted to be together later and that's when we said that we loved each other. There was no inappropriate content in our letters.

Basically, things happen in prison. Sometimes a finicky counselor, sometimes the guy themselves gets in trouble, sometimes they get transferred and have to earn mail back, point being, be prepared and realize that just because you may not currently have contact it doesn't mean necessarily that they don't love you anymore.
Old 07-22-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Wrong View Post
Thank u so much for replying. Omg! I'm​ so sorry. I would be so worried knowing that the phones are controlled by gangs. That is also a fear of mine. I'm scared for him. We had a good talk and everyone's comments are seriously helping me. I have learned so much from y'all lovely ladies.. I appreciate each and everyone
I am glad things are better and you were able to have a good chat. I know this is a huge adjustment for you and it will get easier. Every time I start to freak out I take a deep breathe and I try and keep a level head... The gangs in prison worry me a little but, I know my guy keeps to himself. I worry about him getting depressed because his back is all jacked up right now..