Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 04-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Thank you, Phil and Joey,

We love you and all of our friends at PTO. You don't know how much your support means to us!

Love,

Patti and Linda
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,639 Times in 348 Posts

Patti and Linda,

Thanks for sharing and glad to have you here with us!

The Prison System is Broken
Old 04-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

dlredbonenyc,

Welcome to PTO and to the GLBT Forum! Good to have you here!

Old 04-11-2003, 10:16 PM

Welcome Patti and Linda to PTO!! Wow that story was something else!! Also moving! Glad to have you here with us.

pookie
Old 04-11-2003, 10:24 PM

Welcome to PTO Diredbonenyc!! It is good to have you here. I can relate very much to your situation. I have always been kind of afraid of trade in my younger days. I am 32 now and now I am with my trade now!! Actually, I think he is out the trade stage at this point, but he still has all the qualities that trade has. So as you can imagine, I am quite content. And he's full of sincerety, honesty, understanding, heart, and whatever else. Thank God!! I didn't think I would ever find Mr. Right, but I have......just like in the movies!!
Look at me rambling!! I just want you to know I know where you're coming from and we are very glad that you're here.

pookie
Old 04-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Banned

Hello everyone

My name is Steve and I am new to this site, but very happy that it exists, predominately because it helps me to know that I am not alone in this struggle.

Brian, that's my partner, and I have been together for ten years and then the unthinkable happened. Brian received a ten year prison sentence for assaulting (felony assault) the Chief of Police's son. Though many things did not seem to matter enough to his public defender to bring up in court. So, we have been enduring the nightmare ever since. I have since hired a private attorney to help us, though it took long enough to find one that was interested in taking the case at a reasonable price. So much for justice being for everyone. The attorney believes that a miscariage of justice occurred not just in the charges being filed, but the sentencing as well. We suspect that a lot of it had to do with the fact that Brian and I are a gay couple. And particular individuals on the opposing side are rather homophobic to say the least and appear to be in bed with one another so to speak. Until this incident, Brian had a clean criminal record.

For me, well I am simply without the words to express how I feel about having my partner abruptly taken away from me after ten years together. I haven't slept a single night in our bed since Brian left and I doubt very much that I will until he returns. Brian is, has been and always will be my lifemate.

Anyway, so here I am. Confused, angry, hurt and lonely all rolled into one and having to learn a whole new way to cope with things I never before thought I would ever be facing firsthand. So, I am greatful that a friend of mine told me about this site.

Steve
Old 04-29-2003, 08:24 PM
Banned

Steve first of all Welcome to PTO!

I am so glad your friend told you about us! I can only imagine the pain and the hurt you and all the others go thru when your loved one is taken away. I myself met my hunny thru being a pen pal. I yet to feel his touch. I really don't know which is harder. But you hang in there and know that we are all a family here and you will find lots of love and support here.
Attached Images
File Type: gif welcome.gif (19.9 KB, 160 views)
Old 04-29-2003, 08:27 PM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Steve,

Welcome to PTO....there are many of us here who have and are experiencing what you are......We're all here for each other....Glad you're here!

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 04-30-2003, 06:04 AM
Frenchy Member

Hi Steve

I already welcomed you in the introduction forum, but I'm glad do it again in our GLBT one

I'm glad you found us, and I'm terribly sorry for what you and Brian are going through. Should you need any help or informations or just kind words of support, know that we're here for you and for Brian as well.

We have a birthday card program, and Barbara (username BSS) is the one in charge. If you wish, you can PM her Brian's name address and birthdate, and Barbara will PM the month list to the members in charge of sending b-day cards on Brian's month. This way, his name and address are not publicly displayed on the WWW. We had a similar program for Christmas, and I can tell you that Joey, my partner, was thrilled and so happy to receive SO MANY x-mas cards !!! I didn't tell him before, and it was quite a big and wonderful surprise !!

Anyway, should you have any specific question, please feel free to ask.

All the best and welcome again
Phil
Old 04-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Been here forever

Hi Steve. Welcome again to PTO
Old 04-30-2003, 04:09 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Hi, Steve,

Welcome to PTO!

Linda and I can sympathize with you and Brian. For we are in almost the same boat. When I was gone (I am currently out on bond awaiting the appeal process), Linda said much the same thing about not being able to sleep, confused, angry, etc.

It is not a good place for either the one outside or the one inside. For not being with Linda , well life was a alot poorer and sadder for both of us.

I hope and pray that you get the new Attorney can bring Brian home for you.

God Bless,
Old 04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
~BELIEVE~7-10-06~
Donation Award 

WELCOME TO PTO! THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR SUPPORT!
Old 04-30-2003, 06:54 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Hey Steve,

Welcome to PTO! I am glad that you found us.

Old 05-07-2003, 08:16 PM
Resting in Peace - Lulu's Rock

I am sodaigakko, and I am here. I am ... not exactly any of GLBT nor straight ... I am satisfied to feel ambiguous. My gay "sugardaddy" was murdered before I married. My fingerprints were there, but fortunately they were not misused. I have been dutifully married for 28 years. I quit disrespecting women (robbing and assaulting streetwalkers out of rage) when I became spiritually "awakened". I am now happily married for the 3 years since -- same marriage -- to a loving woman. No more abuse, and sex is now irrelevant. I am a pluralist, spiritually and sexually in what I support and believe. I am happy to make acquaintance with you. Though I am still fearful of heterosexual men, I am growing in being able to love and respect the variety of souls. My pen pal, in a Florida prison, is of a different gender, generation, culture and nationality, educational level, economic background -- and it is an adventure in learning and loving someone I will never meet. For the dear wife's sake it must be so. I hope instead to meet one or more of you closer to where I live then. In that way I look forward, contrary to how I lived for decades, to validating relationships in "real" space that I might be able to make in "cyber" space.
<font face="arial" size="1" color="#cc0000">Eschew victimness.</font>
Old 05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Frenchy Member

Thanks for introducing yourself in the GLBT forum Sodaigakko !!

Inputs from people from all walks of life are much needed and appreciated.

All my best wishes
Phil
Old 05-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

sodaigakko,

Thanks for introducing yourself here! It is great to have you here or anywhere on PTO!

Old 05-29-2003, 04:02 AM

Location: I sm in Erdyrtj zPA but my son is in prison In Ny State

tO ALL OF YO HERE. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I RESPECT YOUR LIFESTYLE CHOICES. LOVE KNOWS NO BOUNDERIES. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL IN YOUR BATTLES. THERE ARE GOOD PEOPLE HERE THAT TRUELY CARE. GLAD THIS FORUM IS HERE FOR YOU.
SHARON
Old 08-09-2003, 10:09 PM

I use to be bisexual, and I was in prison for 7 years too.
I am married and faithful to my husband now, though.

I have numerous homegirls locked up who are either lesbian or bisexual. and it is easier for them in prison, as they can find themselves a partner to share their days with,
but it is trouble w/the co's..cause you can go to the hole for any kind of touching, etc.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:01 PM

my name is amy, and i've never been in prison, altho i do read a lot about prison stuff and think about it often. it's like a hobby of mine, respectfully. i'm 23, living in san francisco, and i have a loving girlfriend. i have a friend incarcerated in upstate new york who is a gay male.

PTO is fabulous!
Old 08-13-2003, 03:03 AM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Sharon, ladysoldier, and underpants...

Welcome to the Forum! Thanks for your comments and support!

Old 09-18-2003, 04:04 PM

HI All,
I just wanted to lend my support in anyway possible. I am hetero LOL but have been an avid supporter of g/l/t rights for many years. I am not going to read through this forum out of respect for your privacy, but if you invite me in, I'd be happy to join.
Just PM and I'll come back. If you don't welcome me, I totally understand, but please know that I'm here!

Best,
Wendy
Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Administrator
Donation Award 

Wendy - Hey and welcome! Please participate! Please add to the threads here - offer advice - join the party! It is great to have you here!

This is not a private party in here (lol) it is open to all on the site...

Great to have your support!

Old 09-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Frenchy Member

Gosh Wendy you're hetero ??? I'm so sorry !!! Can it be cured ???

Thanks very much for your kind support. You are very welcome to the GLBT forum !!! Everyone is by the way. Even people with different opinions. We can discuss about all and anything as long as it remains courteous and respectful.

So please, join the party !!!

Phil
Old 10-02-2003, 10:16 PM

If I had to have a title Iguess it would be bisexual. I have been with more men then women, but my longest relationship was with a women. I am now happily married to a wonderful loving husband.

Ladysoldier was right when she posted that it can be easier to do time with a partner. I did most of my sentance with the same woman. It seems in prison though straight women get turned out more out of peer pressure then out of curiosity or want. I would have to say at least 75-80% of women in prison have a partner in there. In Calif. State Prisons at least.
But let me tell you it is a messy thing in there to be involved. Unlike men's prison almost all of fights are because of girlfriend relationships. If you hook up with someone your almost guaranteed to have a run in at least once.

I can respect everyone's lifestyle, it is what makes you and me. Knowing and respecting each others differences.
Old 10-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Chris' Boo

Welcome!!!