Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 07-18-2018, 05:51 PM

Post Can Projected Release Date change more than once or maybe more than twice?

Can an projected release date change more than once or maybe more than twice
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,393 Times in 6,957 Posts

Absolutely. In fact, it should.

There will be the initial date given when they get into reception, the date they get after a counselor has calculated any time they've earned and then any time they may earn during their stay in home facilities through work/school/merit credits.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-19-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:21 AM

I understand that they can change more than once but my question is when they get to their destination prison, see the counsler and the committe, what credits get applied first? Their presentence credits? Then when they get assigned a work group or complete fire camp training do they apply the 66.7% after? I am asking because my BF release date doesnt seem accurate. He is a level 1 non violent with presentence credits but doesnt seem to add up?
Old 09-06-2018, 11:29 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,393 Times in 6,957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRStermite View Post
I understand that they can change more than once but my question is when they get to their destination prison, see the counsler and the committe, what credits get applied first? Their presentence credits? Then when they get assigned a work group or complete fire camp training do they apply the 66.7% after? I am asking because my BF release date doesnt seem accurate. He is a level 1 non violent with presentence credits but doesnt seem to add up?

It should be:
-Full term to serve = xxxx
-At ??% = xxx
-Then remove pre-sentence credits = xxxx

That will give you their EPRD

The percentage is different for reception, I believe, and then of course state facility vs firecamp. Each of those will be calculated and adjusted when they are seen by a counselor at that stage and annually thereafter.

This doesn't sound like it will apply to you, but for those stuck in the Prop 57 mess because you were already incarcerated at the time it went into affect, good luck calculating. They do not apply the new percentage (80 vs 85, for example) to the whole sentence. See the Prop 57 threads for those formulas.

Last edited by miamac; 09-06-2018 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: format (grumble, stupid spacing)
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-07-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
It should be

Full term to serve
At xx%
Then remove pre-sentence credits

Remember that the percentage changes from county, to reception to whatever stage they are at (state facility vs firecamp). So even that will change as they progress through the system and those credits will be applied as they change locations.
Thank you, yes I was just trying to figure this out because I think they either missed his presentence credits or they havent applied the 66.7. His EPRD shows 9/19 he had 150 days of presentence credits. He had been in county since 4/18 and when he first appeared on the inmate locater it showed 4/20 release date that would be 50%. He got to Chino 6/29/18 then transferred and is at CCC since 8/14/18. So by the looks of the calculation of his EPRD it may be either or that they haven't applied yet? Yes I do agree this Prop 57 and the calculations are a mess. We are all doing some type of different math formats LOL! This is where you do the hmmmmm maybe I should have paid more attention in algebra. From an accountants point of view this isn't the math I am used to haha!

Last edited by MRStermite; 09-06-2018 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: grammer