Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 08-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Default Travel and Wedding Ceremony

Hi all,

Can I ask a totally frivolous question? While my partner is on parole, will asking for a travel pass to Disneyland be denied because it's so extra? What about a cruise? Both these would be gifts to welcome him home.

Another concern is we will be having a wedding ceremony 8 months after his release. What is the potential that the ceremony would be interrupted by his parole officer?

I should mention, he owes restitution, but all of these expenses are being paid for by family. Does that count? Would that be considered something he owes?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2018, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

One usually needs a passport for a cruise so that may not be an option.

As for Disneyland...how long has he been incarcerated? Being in a crowd right away may not be a good idea at all.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:34 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,614 Times in 4,042 Posts

Would he really want a trip to Disneyland to welcome him home? He may prefer somewhere quiet where he can take time to adjust.
You will need a passport for a cruise if you are leaving and re entering a US port.
As for restitution if its in his name then he owes it regardless of who is paying it

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 08-29-2018, 03:03 PM

You do not actually need a passport for all cruises. I Went on one last year and going again in October. You do need to have license/ID and birth certificate if you do not have passport. It is definitely easier and advisable to have a passport, as if anything happens, you could get stuck in a foreign country without it!
Old 09-03-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Would he really want a trip to Disneyland to welcome him home? He may prefer somewhere quiet where he can take time to adjust.
You will need a passport for a cruise if you are leaving and re entering a US port.
As for restitution if its in his name then he owes it regardless of who is paying it
Disneyland is his idea LOL - he wants to see Star Warsland or whatever. He's been down for 2 years - 1 to go and will have been at camp for 2/3 of them by the time he's out. He would be just fine at Disney cuz camp is very quiet compared to the yard.

The Following User Says Thank You to hopingwaiting For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-04-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 11:18 PM

They are right about the passport and his getting a travel voucher probably won't happen for awhile. I doubt he'll be able to get one right away because Parole is going to have their conditions and want to see how he responds to those. Also depending on where you live his going to Orange County if it's over the 50 mile radius he most likely won't be able to go either unless they've changed that. You can go but it's taking a chance anyone can happen going there or coming back. Things happen and if something does go wrong and law enforcement gets involved well they do run checks. I'm only saying he might want to wait and see how he likes his parole agent, I've had good ones and some from hell. It's been many years since being on parole and too many chances to I shouldn't have it was only by God's good Grace that I was never caught. He can ask but don't hold out on much hope at least not in the beginning.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:42 PM

Thanks everyone! As far as having a wedding, I think as long as we don't get married on paper (we just have a ceremony and reception with our friends and family) then that should be ok. I guess my one concern is with restitutions and if they say he benefited from the party or whatever...but again, I'm not sure if I pay for everything how that could even be a thing. As long as it's all under my name. Right?

Old 09-28-2018, 05:42 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,360 Times in 1,182 Posts

You do not need a passport if you’re leaving and returning from the same US port - and if he’s not federal he should be able to get a passport anyway. I’ve been on at least 15 cruises and only took my passport a handful of times.

The problem with a cruise is you’re still leaving the country, and his parole office may not be okay with that. Honestly, you never know. My husband has gotten passes to Las Vegas, cruise (which we ended up canceling), and right now he’s on a month long travel pass so he can come with me out of state for work. My husband owes restitution fees, but as long as they’re caught up by the time of travel, he’s had no issue.

He’s also on the lowest risk possible, though.