Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Tennessee.

Old 01-19-2016, 01:37 PM

Default Questions about Trousdale Turner Facility

Does anyone know who they are using to do commissary and if the inmate address to write is the same as the facilities?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-2016, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate06 View Post
Does anyone know who they are using to do commissary and if the inmate address to write is the same as the facilities?
Commissary is internal- we have nothing to do with it money or ordering. Address to write them- This is a FEDERAL issue. I would send a letter to the address hockey-pockey CCA has AND IF the letter were not returned it would be safe to ASSume he got the mail. On the other hand if it were ME and all that I KNOW, I would send the letter with RETURN RECEIPT signature needed for some sort of verification that the letter was received. TN is without a doubt THE most crooked snots in this horrid country. They preach to be republican but scream for democrat money..
The Following User Says Thank You to Ib1/2 For This Useful Post:
JeffsVivian (08-09-2017)
Old 01-24-2016, 12:23 AM

Default Inmate mail

The address for Facilty is the same for inmate just put inmate number behind name.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deputydirector For This Useful Post:
fate06 (01-25-2016), writingtorobert (11-19-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 11:30 PM

Default fate06 answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fate06 View Post

The address is the same as the facility just follow the inmates name with his #.
The Following User Says Thank You to deputydirector For This Useful Post:
writingtorobert (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Donation Award 

My man was just transferred to Trousdale. Thanks for the info on mail.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:44 PM
Donation Award 

Has anything happened there in the last couple days, does anyone know? Haven't heard from my boyfriend in 2.5 days which is very odd. Just wondering if anyone else has heard from their loved ones in the last couple days.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Unconditional Love 4 Son

Default TTCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingtorobert View Post
Has anything happened there in the last couple days, does anyone know? Haven't heard from my boyfriend in 2.5 days which is very odd. Just wondering if anyone else has heard from their loved ones in the last couple days.
I am Back to using this site again. It is very useful and nice! And, Yes, my son, is BACK in prison again. Sighh. This time at TTCC. A new facility, which I had hoped would be a nice, decent place. I have not been there in person yet. I am in MS. But, from what I hear from him, and read online, and all the problems this new facility has had. It is a disgrace! It is a Medium facility. They keep them in Lockdown most of the time, meaning no phone calls. Yes, that is why you haven't got a call. The lists go on and on.
We need a special Thread just for TTCC ALONE. It is that Serious. I 2.5 days is nothing. You wait. God forbid if he has to go to the SHU. What few items my son DID have. As we can't afford to send him anything, as they take it for his charges, so we don't bother. Even his paycheck. Yep. My oldest son sent him NEW tennis shoes, a pair of shorts, a radio, head phones. Right? He hadn't even had those but a few months. They were all taken. It has been call after call, letter after letter trying to get those replaced or returned. My son has turned in form after form. My oldest son doesn't have money to throw out either. He is mad as hell, so am I.
So, you get the picture.
Stay on your guard about that place. Do your work and research. Good luck.

I'd like to hear from anyone else from TTCC out there on Prison Talk.

Sorry this is so long.

Gale Andrews
The Following User Says Thank You to gale38127 For This Useful Post:
JeffsVivian (08-09-2017)
Old 06-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Unconditional Love 4 Son

Default Trousdale Turner Correctional Center - CCA

It is in Hartsville, TN. A Medium facility. And a rather new facility. It has already gotten the worst rating around in the news online, and national news. My son has been there over a year so far. It is treated like a High facility, lockdowns 24/7. Granted, the staff is underpaid, shortage of trained staff. The lists goes on and on. I know it takes time to get the place up and going. But if you try to make a visit and you make that trip and they are on lockdown. Forget it. Never mind the phone calls either.
While I have yet to see my son in over a year, my oldest son did finally get in about six months ago to see him.

Also, my son's new items that he had shoes, shorts, a radio, head phones that were sent from his brother, were taken while he was in lockdown, and he can't get them returned or replaced. Repeated claim forms, me calling, writing letters to the warden. The warden's assistant was nice finally called back said to send in the claim form to her attention, which he did. Nothing so far. This has been six months. I even wrote CCA. My oldest son doesn't have money to throw around either. Neither do I. Any money we might send him goes straight to his charges and court costs, so he gets nothing, not even a $10 paycheck. He gets a hygiene kit. I send him stamps.
Christmas time you can order from a food list for them. My niece was nice enough to order a few things for him, which they all exchange.
I can't even afford to add money to a phone account. I did for his birthday in May. So, you can see how things are going at the TTCC there.

Anyone else can email me if they have someone there. Thank you.
Gale Andrews
Old 06-06-2017, 02:18 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,840 Times in 11,079 Posts

Gale, I"ve moved you to Tennessee, just so you get a more knowledgeable set of replies.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Unconditional Love 4 Son

Default Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Gale, I"ve moved you to Tennessee, just so you get a more knowledgeable set of replies.

Good luck!
Thank you! I also started a new post with TTCC
The Following User Says Thank You to gale38127 For This Useful Post:
JeffsVivian (08-09-2017)
Old 07-15-2017, 12:42 AM

Thanked 1,465 Times in 799 Posts

Someone's organizing Trousdale outmates. Some have been risking contacting the press.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/news/p...dale-prisoners

CoreCivic isn't even letting a state legislator visit:
Quote:
Nashville Democratic state Rep. John Ray Clemmons emails to note that he has repeatedly tried to visit the prison and been turned down.
I have repeatedly requested a site visit to CCA Trousdale with me, Sen. Harris, a member of media, family members of inmates, and an advocate. Intended purpose was to discuss all concerns with facility management and have a productive conversation about how best to resolve all concerns and reported issues. Request has repeatedly been denied by TDOC and CCA.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor activist View Post
Someone's organizing Trousdale outmates. Some have been risking contacting the press.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/news/p...dale-prisoners

CoreCivic isn't even letting a state legislator visit:
SKANKY rats will NEVER allow the CATS in... CoreCivic is === well, no other way to say this but----CoreCivic THRIVES on retarded TN STATE and HATEs MORE than 'state' does... CORECIVIC thrives on screwing the IGNORANT way MORE than the state does--- is alllllll and ONLY about scamming for THE dollar... NO ONE in TN GOV cares about their people ONLY about how TN can SCAM the Feds for MONEY!!! TDOC/CORECivic is ONLY about and all about HATE, NOT one ounce of any form of 'love' happens in this UNEDUCATED JACK-AS% Backward 'state'... and the feds THRIVE on this crap!!!! SORRY, it is what it IS...
Old 07-22-2017, 02:16 PM

Default Trousdale Turner HORRIBLE

My boyfriend is an inmate at TTCC in Hartsville, Tn. First if you are going for a visit, it's best to wear ABSOLUTELY nothing metal. No underwire definitely. No metal snaps. No zippers. If you have metal in your body from surgery, you must bring a letter from Dr. The metal detector is extremely sensitive and these are things they do not tell you. You have three chances to walk through. If it beeps, you back up and try again. Meanwhile they could have posted this info and saved a lot of people's money, time, and inmates hopes. The rules change daily. Depending on who is working. The "corrections officers" (as they demand to addressed as such rather than guard) speaks to inmates like they are garbage. Inhuman! They are called bitches,losers,mother fuckers, honkies. This is just a few of their choice names. The inmates have been locked down for 17,11 days in a row. And only getting out ONCE to shower in that many days. The inmates are dying due to sick calls not taken at all. Or not taken seriously. There is a new warden who seems to be making some changes but this facility does not need to be private. Its all about MONEY. And they make money by denying our lo food, health care,classes. They do NOT get paroled very easily as it's private and they need all they have and can get. You might think all of your things are straight and nothing could possibly keep him from getting paroled... Not here. Don't even plan on it. And he will be needing classes that are unavailable unless mandated. The parole board will NOT mandate, rather suggest which means he is NOT getting that TCOM class ANY TIME SOON. And it's also the assistant DA's showing up by video to oppose parole. Sullivan County's showed up by video on my lo hearing. Of course she couldn't be bothered to make the 5hour drive to put in her two cents. Hmm, yes I thought she had her chance when she prosecuted a non violent drug offender. Nope, rather than take the time to check on his children and see how they were being cared for she would rather spend her time opposing parole. Its sick from the bottom all the way to the top. Please pass this message on. Trousdale Turner is a mockery of our justice system as well as the small town politics that seem to thrive when it comes to money. Thank you.

Last edited by JeffsVivian; 07-22-2017 at 02:25 PM..
Old 07-22-2017, 02:21 PM

Pray for TTCC

Last edited by JeffsVivian; 07-22-2017 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Fixed misspellings, very new to this.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:17 AM

Gale, get in touch. Jeffsvivian