Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > European Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

European Prison & Criminal Justice Topics Prison, Jail and Criminal Justice discussions in relation to European countries.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:59 AM
Полезный дурак

Default Reasons for a transfer? [Russia]

Why would my brother have been transferred? His colony was „ strict regime” already and he had been there for some years. He’s not a complainer who would stir the pot like some times you hear about transfers. I don’t know if transfers are even common ?

My dad was notified that he was being transferred but that is it. No details. It is my understanding that is the norm.

I haven’t found a very active Russian online community so I ask here in hopes some one knows a bit. Is it possible that they could move him from strict to general or is this wishful based on that system? He has some years to go though. Thanks ... for any thing ...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2018, 02:02 PM
Полезный дурак

After re - wording my search terms, I came across a Russian - language community / forum. It’s difficult to read cause I don’t know all the slang but I am some what further ahead. My fiancé helps me to understand but not sure what to think he knows the lingo!

Under law, a prisoner can be transferred from strict - regime to a colony - settlement if they have served 1/3 of their sentence. This does not apply to my brother cause he made violent crimes. He needs to serve 2/3 of his sentence before transfer to a settlement. He would need 10 years and he has served nearly 5.

And so, we assume he is not moving down a level. Not sure why of a transfer at all ...

We are in the assumption he did not ask for a transfer / make an application cause he said nothing about it to my dad. As far as we know he „ liked ” where he is / was at. Not sure why ... again...

Not exactly sure what is happening but maybe one day some one will come here with a question similar.