Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 4 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 4 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Charlotte CI, Dade CI, Everglades CI, Homestead CI, Martin CI, Moore Haven CF, Okeechobee CI, South Bay CF, SFRC, SFRC-S

Old 05-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Default Looking for info on South Bay CF

Anyone have recent info? All the posts I found are a few years old. In particular-

Do they have email? I see Jpay email is not an option

How do you send money?

I have learned it's a private facility, what is different from a non-private one?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2018, 12:55 PM
Loving my husband

Default South Bay

My husband just left there after about 10 years. There are lots of problems with gangs. The food is HORRIBLE.

To send money, you just send a money order to your husband - remember to put his DC number on it and they will deposit it, into his account.

I think Access Corrections is the company that you use to send funds, and ICSolutions is the phone company.

Last edited by JackieFlorida; 05-26-2018 at 01:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to JackieFlorida For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-28-2018)
Old 05-27-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieFlorida View Post
My husband just left there after about 10 years. There are lots of problems with gangs. The food is HORRIBLE.

To send money, you just send a money order to your husband - remember to put his DC number on it and they will deposit it, into his account.

I think Access Corrections is the company that you use to send funds, and ICSolutions is the phone company.
I guess my LO was in a REALLY shitty place before. He says it's an upgrade to where he was before. Did you ever visit him? Do they follow the same rules?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljasso For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-28-2018), xolady (08-27-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 12:29 AM

Access Corrections (to send money)they check their balance biweekly and ICSolutions (phone). They don't have email, but when I send letters it only takes 3 days for my husband to receive it, the prison is laidback my husband says its ok plus the prison have A.C. I guess most don't idk. And it's cheaper for them to call if you have the same area code as the prison 0.60 vs 1.25 if I use my 904 area code. My Husband calls me as many times he wants for 15 minutes up to 10pm on certain days. If you want to send a package you can through Access Securepak once every 3 months. Hopefully this answers any questions you might have if you have any more questions about South Bay I'll try my best to answer.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:13 AM

Smile Sorry, just saw your question

Not sure if you have visited yet but visitation is pretty good. People line up outside at a gravel area off the highway starting at around 6:30 AM. There are 10 cars per line allowed outside. At 8 AM, all the cars caravan in starting with Car number one and once you approach the gazebo of the prison, a guard gives you a number to go in. You are able to sit next to your loved one in a square table and purchase them food from vending machines. I suggest you go to the bank and get dollar coins as paper money (bills) are not allowed in the visitation room and the money machine to exchange bills into coins delays you from going in. Unfortunately, no emails yet at this prison. You can deposit money for commissary through “access corrections”: *(866) 345-1884‬. Blessings!
Old 08-26-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haydeefm View Post
Not sure if you have visited yet but visitation is pretty good. People line up outside at a gravel area off the highway starting at around 6:30 AM. There are 10 cars per line allowed outside. At 8 AM, all the cars caravan in starting with Car number one and once you approach the gazebo of the prison, a guard gives you a number to go in. You are able to sit next to your loved one in a square table and purchase them food from vending machines. I suggest you go to the bank and get dollar coins as paper money (bills) are not allowed in the visitation room and the money machine to exchange bills into coins delays you from going in. Unfortunately, no emails yet at this prison. You can deposit money for commissary through “access corrections”: *(866) 345-1884‬. Blessings!
Yes! I visited a few weeks ago. Thank you for the information.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:00 PM

Dollar. Coims ? Silver dollars or quaters
Old 08-26-2018, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylove22 View Post
Dollar. Coims ? Silver dollars or quaters
Either. The change machines will give you dollar coins, but you can use quarters on the vending machines too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ljasso For This Useful Post:
xolady (08-27-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:46 PM

Ok thank you
Old 08-27-2018, 03:04 AM

Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,104 Posts

My cousin was there and he said it was great compared to other Florida prisons. He came out after about 2 years and has been very successful in life since. I do know my husband would have loved going to there if it had been an option as I only lived about 30 minutes from there.