Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Remembering Those That Passed While In Prison This forum is for all those - family, friends, spouses, wives, husbands, significant others, brothers, sisters, parents, and children - who lost a loved one or friend while incarcerated.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Donation Award 

So sorry for your loss. Prayers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Huskers For This Useful Post:
jadah (06-21-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2016, 03:24 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,268 Times in 1,256 Posts

I just adore him. Plain and simple.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-07-2016), patchouli (09-08-2016), sarahjo (09-07-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 06:53 PM

Sorry for your loss. What happened?
Old 09-08-2016, 07:07 PM

PTO Moderator 

He died.

"
There is no question that in virtually all circumstances in which people are doing things in order to get rewards, extrinsic tangible rewards undermine intrinsic motivation." the New Scientist (12th April 2011, pp 40-43)

" Every life you touch, every fear or pain you ease, every loved ones' heart that you ease the burden from is the reason you are here."
Old 09-17-2016, 12:42 PM

PTO Moderator 

I was late for our wedding...https://youtu.be/M-C-IbkuNWs?list=RDM-C-IbkuNWs

so I guess this is pay back.. now I am waiting to see him again https://youtu.be/8RjvGhCb1h8

He is always worth it.

"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
GingerM (09-18-2016), sidewalker (09-18-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 08:43 PM

PTO Moderator 

I guess the whole purpose is how are we managing our time- specifically "Are we doing Time " or is "time doing us"?

Time can do us on the outside too. It can grind us into exhaustion with just enough to function the next day only to collapse into sleep the next day over and over and over.
There is a difference between giving up, becoming bitter and accepting your circumstances only to continue to seek hope.
I think it was my husband's greatest gift to me.
He was a habitual offender so we did more than one bid and how many jail terms. He just knew how to do his time. He made the most of it while he was here. He wasn't bitter, just angry.
I have needed quite a while before the weight of his loss has subsided some. But he showed me the best way he knew how that I wasn't promised tomorrow, so enjoy and make the best of the circumstances that I find myself in.
I hope everyone else does too.

"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
*Da Princess* (04-13-2018), GingerM (11-10-2016), nimuay (11-09-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 05:19 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,270 Times in 2,549 Posts

Quote:
But he showed me the best way he knew how that I wasn't promised tomorrow, so enjoy and make the best of the circumstances that I find myself in.
Timely advice that can be applied to a variety of circumstances. Definitely the grieving process is sporadic and learning to accept that "now" is all we have helps with it. Tomorrow is a fantasy as it has not yet happened. And sometimes, in "now", we need to simply accept that "now" kinda sucks but things will not always be this way.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (11-19-2016), jadah (11-10-2016), Raf's Girl (11-10-2016)
Old 01-05-2017, 11:51 PM

I feel you as I go down this road now Deep and sincere condolences it is just aweful i am sorry anyone has to go through this we all are going to die but to loose our husbands in there it really is different to the point of there will never be closure for me Again i am sorry for your loss of your husband. Tanya4Tipton
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanya4Tipton For This Useful Post:
jadah (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 10:44 AM

Jadah, I also am so sorry for your loss and hope you are learning to live your life with some good memories of him. May I ask of you some info that if you feel to painful... just don't answer...understandable. My Brother is 74 & in poor health with several issues.....Did the Prison call you or did the Medical examiner & was it in a timely manner ? I saw someone on this forum got notified a week later. Also did the prison send you all personal/legal papers ?
Hes in Florida....Im in CT....... I havent heard from him since the week of christmas & I'm worried. Like I said...too painful,no need to answer but I'm sure its a question a lot of us have. Thankyou for any info & live well with fond memories
Old 02-24-2017, 05:17 PM

PTO Moderator 

Bevyp, please pardon my delay in responding to your post.

You asked if I was notified immediately.
Yes I was. The Warden for the night called me immediately. My husband liked that guy, and I heard the catch in his throat as he had to tell me.
I had just that same afternoon seen my husband and he looked bad. After visit was over, I called back to the Warden's office and told them to go check on him, that he looked bad and needed to go to the hospital. Of course I was told my husband needed to put in a sick call.
Well my husband did...the last one he ever would. All his buddies had their families calling me first thing in the morning, the second the phone was turned on. His buddies had their families meet me at the funeral home.
He took care of me the best way he knew how.
I still miss him. I mean I function every day. I only think about joining him every month or so instead of every day now.
I know this is just learned helplessness. I have no control and in prison the inmates have no control. So Outwardly, I am "moving forward" and "making progress" but the hole in me is as big as the Grand Canyon.
I've heard the second year of grieving is worse than the first. 'Cuz then you are awake from the dream and you know he's really not coming back.
I am stronger than I was but so much more fragile at the same time. It comes out in funny ways, because even my dogs have picked up on my learned helplessness too.

Thank you for asking. I am sorry to write a book. I am trying hard to support others....the best therapy I have in place right now is work. And I do that a lot.
I hope you have heard from your brother by now. Let us know.

PS. I found the only other Wedding picture we had. He sent to me from the prison "Newspaper" and even though it was small, the smiles on both of our faces were gigantic. Best thing I ever did.

"

Last edited by jadah; 02-24-2017 at 05:19 PM..
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jadah For This Useful Post:
*Da Princess* (04-13-2018), a.rare.love (03-22-2018), arunabosphora (03-29-2017), fbopnomore (02-24-2017), LifeTraveler (02-25-2017), marie8899 (04-07-2018), maytayah (02-24-2017), nimuay (02-24-2017), tweetie003 (02-28-2017)
Old 03-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Been here forever

Jadah I am sooooo sorry!!! please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers
The Following User Says Thank You to lulu For This Useful Post:
jadah (03-30-2017)
Old 03-18-2018, 01:16 AM
AmyLynn

Jadah, I'm not sure if you still check this but I've read every post. You are one strong woman and you both were lucky to have each other. He is proud of you. I hope this finds you in peace.
GingerM (03-19-2018), jadah (03-21-2018), marie8899 (04-07-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadah View Post
Bevyp, please pardon my delay in responding to your post.

You asked if I was notified immediately.

Yes I was. The Warden for the night called me immediately. My husband liked that guy, and I heard the catch in his throat as he had to tell me.

I had just that same afternoon seen my husband and he looked bad. After visit was over, I called back to the Warden's office and told them to go check on him, that he looked bad and needed to go to the hospital.

Of course I was told my husband needed to put in a sick call.
Well my husband did...the last one he ever would.

All his buddies had their families calling me first thing in the morning, the second the phone was turned on. His buddies had their families meet me at the funeral home.

He took care of me the best way he knew how.
I still miss him. I mean I function every day. I only think about joining him every month or so instead of every day now.

I know this is just learned helplessness. I have no control and in prison the inmates have no control. So Outwardly, I am "moving forward" and "making progress" but the hole in me is as big as the Grand Canyon.
I've heard the second year of grieving is worse than the first. 'Cuz then you are awake from the dream and you know he's really not coming back.
I am stronger than I was but so much more fragile at the same time. It comes out in funny ways, because even my dogs have picked up on my learned helplessness too.

Thank you for asking. I am sorry to write a book. I am trying hard to support others....the best therapy I have in place right now is work. And I do that a lot.

I hope you have heard from your brother by now. Let us know.

PS. I found the only other Wedding picture we had.
He sent to me from the prison "Newspaper" and even though it was small, the smiles on both of our faces were gigantic. Best thing I ever did.

No book to me. I love reading at times longer post,and hi chica. hola. If there was a LIVE Emoticon i.e,crying tears i would be utilizing 10 in this thread.so sad.i just read it. Your only Wedding Pix make me a lil extra-sad.So happy you're having that in your possession.

I ache for you reading these post,and chica may your loved one continue to RIP and continue to live each passing day/night through your beautiful loving spirit and good memories. That is what help keep mi amigo(friend)RIP a long time ago who died and went to heaven way too soon, pero i know he is still alive within me, each time i remember him daily, and a close familia member. May God bless you... Hugs and Blessings. Adios.

CONSISTENCY..."is key.
loyalty,maturity + respect to his el reina,(his queen)
Without "action" applied to his words, it's not real.#DON'T SETTLE.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 03-22-2018 at 06:18 PM..
Old 04-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Donation Award 

So sorry for your loss...you're in my prayers