Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
I've heard both sides of Santa Rita. I have a close friend there who says there's a lot of lames but that it keeps him out of trouble. It was his last choice before PC. I've heard from other inmates and CO's alike that there are problems there with extortion and rape. Nobody who's there wants to risk going to a non-ihp yard from there. It's a difficult time for sure.
Those are the same negative things my son told me. I didn't want to cause anyone to become upset and share that information, but since you have heard the same I guess there is truth to the "prison gossip". He also said there is a "big increase in people getting stuck" (stabbed).Oh brother, like we all don't have enough to worry about. I certainly pray no matter what your LO's decision regarding this issue, that things calm down, and they all get home safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-11-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2018, 07:16 AM

Not sure how true this is, BUT when BD was in Eyman-Browning he told me he was having to see "sex offenders/ white rapists" all the time and the mexicans were getting tired of it.
Meaning it's IHP there?

Also, now in Yuma-Dakota he has not complained about it, i haven't heard from him in a while, but usually that was something he always complained about constantly.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:27 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,927 Times in 1,722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Not sure how true this is, BUT when BD was in Eyman-Browning he told me he was having to see "sex offenders/ white rapists" all the time and the mexicans were getting tired of it.
Meaning it's IHP there?

Also, now in Yuma-Dakota he has not complained about it, i haven't heard from him in a while, but usually that was something he always complained about constantly.
No it's not IHP at Browning but it's a lock down yard. Since the inmates aren't out together, don't eat together, don't rec together, they can house anyone there.
Lee4life (07-12-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:17 AM

Default Integration- Tucson, Winchester unit

Just a quick follow up about the incentives they are suppose to receive. It may look appealing however the CO's have told the inmates it will be years before that all happens. Not worth the risk of getting "smashed". Just saying...this is not what it appears to be. They will tell your LO anything just to get them to sign.
Has anyone from the yards already integrated received any of the incentives promised? I don't really think so or someone would be replying to this thread. I would like to know how this is all playing out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-23-2018)
Old 07-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4life View Post
Just a quick follow up about the incentives they are suppose to receive. It may look appealing however the CO's have told the inmates it will be years before that all happens. Not worth the risk of getting "smashed". Just saying...this is not what it appears to be. They will tell your LO anything just to get them to sign.
Has anyone from the yards already integrated received any of the incentives promised? I don't really think so or someone would be replying to this thread. I would like to know how this is all playing out.
One of my best friends is at Santa Rita, for well over a year now, and they've received nothing. Inmates at Perryville Santa Rita are told often that tablets are coming...but there's no evidence to back it. They haven't put kiosks in. They do not, at this time, have the infrastructure/security required to offer tablets.
Lee4life (07-23-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 02:44 AM

My LO was on Graham, today or yesterday they took him off the yard in handcuffs, he didn't sign the paper they told them they had until Tuesday to decide, they asked them Friday to sign he said he needed more info before he signed, again they told him to sign sat he put it off, then they just made the decision he wasn't signing there putting him on another yard I don't know where though.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:28 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkrick View Post
My LO was on Graham, today or yesterday they took him off the yard in handcuffs, he didn't sign the paper they told them they had until Tuesday to decide, they asked them Friday to sign he said he needed more info before he signed, again they told him to sign sat he put it off, then they just made the decision he wasn't signing there putting him on another yard I don't know where though.
This is what happened when they integrated Santa Rita. Anyone who didn't sign was shipped to another yard. Have you looked your LO up on the inmate locator to see where he is? Or has he not been moved yet?
Old 07-24-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Newbie here...Questions

Hello...I live in Texas but my son is in prison in AZ, I am originally from AZ, moved to Texas 12 years ago. Forgive me if this is long, but I'm kindof new to all of this and forgive me if I'm not posting correct, just trying to figure out this site still since I just joined. But my son was originally at Phoenix West. He had been there since April 2017. Some things happened and he was moved to Lewis-Morey Unit. Which is a HUGE concern because Phoenix West is a level 1 yard and Morey is a level 4. So it makes no sense why he'd be moved there, he didn't commit a violent crime. He was only there for a DWI, his 2nd one. No accident or anything, just a straight DWI, his BAC was "above the limit to the slightest degree". So he should not be in a level 4 unit. Well apparently Phoenix West was an Integrated yard. But that's where they sent him after sentencing, he didn't have a choice, obviously. So when he was moved to Morey, apparently the inmates didn't like that he came from an Integrated yard and he had to fight 2 people and now has a scar over his eye. Apparently no guards saw or new what happened, so he got no medical attention. So a month goes by and things seemed ok as they could be I guess. Well then suddenly he gets sucker punched because the inmates still didn't like he came from Phx West. So they put him in Lewis Bachman Unit under protective custody. They end up giving him a ticket for fighting, which he didn't do, he was punched. So he appealed it and just found out today in got denied. And now he is scared he will go back to Morey or another level 4 and get seriously hurt. After he was sucker punch an inmate told a guard he can't be there and he's lucky he only got that as most people get life flighted out. Even a female guard told him he can't be there, but they still denied his appeal to remain in protective custody and denied the fighting ticket. He has put in a request to speak to a CO-4, but who knows when that will happen. So my question here is...Is there anything I can do, is there anyone I can speak to, is there something else he should request to do? I'm scared to death my son is going to get seriously injured or worse because apparently inmates run the show there and they again will not like the yard he came from, which again is not his doing, he can't help where he got sent. My son has a 5 year old daughter that I have custody of right now. I'm terrified something will happen to him, it just can't. So any advice, please??
Old 07-24-2018, 11:37 PM

In short, those who refuse to sign will be on permanent phase 1 but there will be no other disciplinary sanctions against them for refusal to house. My soon to be ex husband is at Lewis Stiner and they've been told (so take it for gossip) that those who refuse to sign will mostly be moved to Lewis. The same happened when they integrated Tucson-Santa Rita, those refusing to sign were moved to Eyman-Rynning (was GP at that time) and then to elsewhere in the state. This WILL start 3/1 for all MEDIUM (3) yards in AZ (with the exception of privately ran prisons, who may or may not).

Thank you for the information. Do you know if they refuse to house,
they'll add time to their sentence? My son told me today that will happen if they refuse and all priviledges will be taken away, they won't have anything, their TV's, anything it all gets taken. Does that sound right?
Old 07-26-2018, 04:05 AM

My LO refused to sign and they took him from Graham and put him in fort grant, I haven't heard from him all week so I'm guessing his privileges were taken.
The Following User Says Thank You to arkrick For This Useful Post:
ashlig0907 (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlig0907 View Post
In short, those who refuse to sign will be on permanent phase 1 but there will be no other disciplinary sanctions against them for refusal to house. My soon to be ex husband is at Lewis Stiner and they've been told (so take it for gossip) that those who refuse to sign will mostly be moved to Lewis. The same happened when they integrated Tucson-Santa Rita, those refusing to sign were moved to Eyman-Rynning (was GP at that time) and then to elsewhere in the state. This WILL start 3/1 for all MEDIUM (3) yards in AZ (with the exception of privately ran prisons, who may or may not).

Thank you for the information. Do you know if they refuse to house,
they'll add time to their sentence? My son told me today that will happen if they refuse and all priviledges will be taken away, they won't have anything, their TV's, anything it all gets taken. Does that sound right?
They did this in Tucson- Winchester, but did not move anyone for refusal to sign. Perhaps everyone refused! I highly doubt that, but there have been no changes since they rounded them all up and took them one by one to sign/refuse. No privaleges have been taken from them either. They have been on lockdown quite a bit, but I believe unrelated to to issue. I felt that was strange since everyone on here has had the opposite experience, with there LO being moved immediately. Guess different facilities handle things differently?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee4life For This Useful Post:
ashlig0907 (07-26-2018), Fridyrr.Likn (07-26-2018)
Old 07-26-2018, 04:45 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee4life View Post
They did this in Tucson- Winchester, but did not move anyone for refusal to sign. Perhaps everyone refused! I highly doubt that, but there have been no changes since they rounded them all up and took them one by one to sign/refuse. No privaleges have been taken from them either. They have been on lockdown quite a bit, but I believe unrelated to to issue. I felt that was strange since everyone on here has had the opposite experience, with there LO being moved immediately. Guess different facilities handle things differently?
Maybe they are trying to see what works and what doesn't. Maybe they simply didn't have anyone to move all those who refused. They moved hundreds of inmates off Santa Rita and had they not just opened up Rynning from all the displaced inmates of the Kingman riots there would have been nowhere for them to go. At Santa Rita they called them in one by one and if you signed you went back to your housing. If you refused you were moved into a holding area then moved.
ashlig0907 (07-26-2018), Sarianna (07-27-2018)
Old 07-29-2018, 03:29 PM

OK so my LO is at Stafford prison he was at Graham now he is In the hole and being told he is being sent to a 4 yard, they said he was threatening people not to sign or they would get beat up, he was just trying to get more info on whether he should sign, he was thinking about his own safety, he was getting out in December but if they go with what there trying to do his good time will be taken away so then he won't get out til march. He hasn't been in any trouble has been a pair support for one of the groups.
Old 07-30-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
This is what happened when they integrated Santa Rita. Anyone who didn't sign was shipped to another yard. Have you looked your LO up on the inmate locator to see where he is? Or has he not been moved yet?
He's in the hole he said. when I looked him up he had been transferred to ft grant. He said they were transferring him to a four yard and taking his good time away.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:03 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkrick View Post
He's in the hole he said. when I looked him up he had been transferred to ft grant. He said they were transferring him to a four yard and taking his good time away.
Much of what is told to inmates are just threats. Or told by CO's who don't know what TF they are talking about. When this all started inmates were told that anyone who didn't sign would be put in max custody. I laughed because I KNOW for certain that AZ doesn't have that many GP beds in max custody to house the thousands who refuse to sign.

Look back to this post...this comes straight from ADC policy http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=76

Now....IF they charge him with disruption or something else along the lines of trying to get others not to sign or threatening others...then it's a different story. If they don't charge him and still take his good time then he needs to file an appeal...and then another if that's not approved. And if that one's not approved then he needs to start an extensive grievance process. If all they have on him is refusal to house, then by their own policy, they can not impose any more punishment than phase 1 and yard movement.

I'm going to bet they are just talking trash to him. There's no reason to move him from Graham to Ft Grant..both minimum yards...just to move him to a 4 yard. In fact, if he doesn't have 4 yard points then it would be insane to make that move. When they integrated Santa Rita (a 3 yard) they moved all the inmates to another 3 yard. He may just be in detention waiting for bed space to open...which is pretty common after a big move. Also, if they are integrating Ft Grant too then they are probably moving those inmates to Graham which accounts for the non-integrators to be in the hole while everyone is re-arranged.

Try to not let the rumors and speculations get the best of you. Wait to see what really happens.

Last edited by Fridyrr.Likn; 07-30-2018 at 09:07 AM..
Old 08-05-2018, 08:58 PM

Well they moved him from Graham to Tucson, and he got ticket for conspiracy to commit cl b fel he told them he was just trying to get some info to help him make his choice they pulled in other inmates to see what he said to them about it.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I just talked to my ex husband who's at lewis stiner. He said word coming down from the top is that whites are to sign saying they will house with natives and the natives are signing saying they won't house with whites. They THINK it's a loophole. I HOPE it doesn't backfire and get anyone hurt.

As to those refusing to sign...he confirmed that they are punishing hard with trumped up BS charges.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:07 PM

Is yuma intagrated? Or dakota unit? Or is that phase in the process?
Quote:
I just talked to my ex husband who's at lewis stiner. He said word coming down from the top is that whites are to sign saying they will house with natives and the natives are signing saying they won't house with whites. They THINK it's a loophole. I HOPE it doesn't backfire and get anyone hurt.

As to those refusing to sign...he confirmed that they are punishing hard with trumped up BS charges.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Is yuma intagrated? Or dakota unit? Or is that phase in the process?
Dakota is a 4 yard and will therefore be among the last to integrate. None of yuma is currently integrated to my knowledge.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:59 AM

Yuma Cibola is integrating. My LO just called me today. I’m nervous :/
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjz1234 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-14-2018)