Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:03 PM

Question CRAF food packages help

Hi, My fiancé is going to spend his bid at CRAF in Trenton. I was trying to look to how I can order him a food package but I can only find access securepak for county jails. Does anyone know how I can send him a food package?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2020, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,163 Times in 3,574 Posts

I can't find anything at all on NJDOC's website about food packages, but I did find a post here from 2013 saying that they thought DOC stopped the program.

Wish I had better news for you. I can't say with certainty that it's stopped, and if anyone else knows more about it than what I said, I will happily be corrected.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:22 PM

I couldn't find anything either. I talked to him and he told me that they are allowed 2 food packages a year sent to them not to exceed $100 per package. Im calling admin when the time comes and finding out what is approved. I think amazon is ok. Thanks for the reply

The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenStarz For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-08-2020)
Old 02-08-2020, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,163 Times in 3,574 Posts

Please let us know what you find out. I'm sure there are others with the same question (and same lack of answer) who would appreciate the information you find.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:47 PM

Ok, I talked to admin and the final answer of food packages for CRAF is that they are not allowed from outside vendors. The inmates are given a list and they pick out their own orders. You on the outside can only send them money on jpay for it. As far as other packages, there is no real limit to books and magazine type things. they are allowed to get them from amazon, barnes and nobel, target, Walmart, pretty much all online stores. They can not have hard covers or spiral binding, no weopons, no gang stuff, that kind of stuff is contraband. Puzzles and reading books are all good though. Hope this helps out someone else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrokenStarz For This Useful Post:
GingerM (02-22-2020), LifeTraveler (02-20-2020)