Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 02-09-2020, 03:32 AM

Default Heartbroken

Hi everyone, I知 Chansmama. My son is in Kirkland in the YOA program. I have never been so heartbroken. They just ripped my heart out when they took him. I知 very thankful to be here with you all for support without judgement. TY
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chansmama For This Useful Post:
Everlane (04-30-2020), Firebrand (02-09-2020), GaReform (02-10-2020), jadah (02-19-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020), maytayah (02-09-2020), patchouli (02-09-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2020, 04:08 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,427 Times in 1,741 Posts

One day at a time, Chansmama. One day at a time. You're going to get through this. Other moms just like you have been faced with this just as you and others like you are faced with it now. One day this will be a thing of the past in his life and your's. Right now ...it's one day at a time that we all get through this. Come here often and know that you are not alone. We're all in this together.
Chansmama (02-12-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020), MsFish (02-12-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 06:01 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,677 Times in 13,603 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk Chansmama, Stay strong so you can continue supporting your son during this nightmare.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:11 AM

I'm so sorry about your son. I hope his time goes fast for both him and you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
Chansmama (02-12-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 09:01 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,996 Times in 5,005 Posts

I am sorry to hear what you are going through .As one mother to another all I can say is to echo the words that its one day at a time that will get you through this. My son went to prison and it was heart breaking and shocking and lots of other hurtful. I got through it and found my new normal of visits and calls. My son changed in prison and made the best use of education and skills training.

My son has been home 3 years now and has his dream job. He is happy and positive and it worked out well.

This time will end for you and in the meantime please remember to look after yourself and keep well physically and mentally so you can support your son. You are not alone here many people understand the pain you are feeling.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Chansmama (02-12-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020), MsFish (02-24-2020)
Old 02-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Thanked 1,045 Times in 585 Posts

As the others have said take it a day at a time. My son was in prison (twice in YO and once in medium security) . All 3 times I was heartbroken but he swore the last time was going to be his last and now 11 years later he has kept his promise and is doing well including giving me a beautiful granddaughter. Be there for him as that is all you can do.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
Chansmama (02-12-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020), maytayah (02-09-2020)
Old 02-12-2020, 11:44 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcoming and positive comments, they are so helpful. Today marks his 30th day in Kirkland. Can I visit? How does it work?
Old 02-12-2020, 12:35 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,427 Times in 1,741 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chansmama View Post
Thank you all for the warm welcoming and positive comments, they are so helpful. Today marks his 30th day in Kirkland. Can I visit? How does it work?
Hope This Helps:

http://www.doc.sc.gov/family/visitation.html
fbopnomore (02-12-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 03:48 PM

Default we are all in this together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chansmama View Post
Hi everyone, I知 Chansmama. My son is in Kirkland in the YOA program. I have never been so heartbroken. They just ripped my heart out when they took him. I知 very thankful to be here with you all for support without judgement. TY
I have a 16 year old son who has been arrested and charged with second degree murder of a 63 year old father and attempted murder of his 40 year old son, this happened on august 2md 2019 , my home was raided on October 3rd 2019 and it was all over the news, I live in Toronto Canada, it sucks man, there has been no pre-trial yet or trial or sentencing so there is such a long road ahead, I took a leave of absecnce from my job I work for the Toronto district school board for 18 years, I am a 42 year old black single male, with a son in jail for murder, the last 4 months and 10 days have been awful, I can't eat, sleep, I don't go out of my house, I don't talk to my friends as much anymore, I was dating a girl and she left me because she said "I was expecting to much from her right now" and it's true I was and am looking for someone to take this all away. I think all the time about the victim's and there families, I actually met the late Mr.O's wife at court and we cried together , we exchanged numbers and spoke for a while, but we were both venting and trying to heal and we since stopped talking, I have signed up for grief /crisis counseling , I have lost a lot of faith in God, my mom died when I was 17 and my dad was never in my life, my son's mom kicked him out at 14 and it has been down hill ever since, he doesn't want no communication from his mom and neither do I . When will this be over
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rashad For This Useful Post:
jadah (02-19-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 10:54 PM

Default You are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad View Post
I have a 16 year old son who has been arrested and charged with second degree murder of a 63 year old father and attempted murder of his 40 year old son, this happened on august 2md 2019 , my home was raided on October 3rd 2019 and it was all over the news, I live in Toronto Canada, it sucks man, there has been no pre-trial yet or trial or sentencing so there is such a long road ahead, I took a leave of absecnce from my job I work for the Toronto district school board for 18 years, I am a 42 year old black single male, with a son in jail for murder, the last 4 months and 10 days have been awful, I can't eat, sleep, I don't go out of my house, I don't talk to my friends as much anymore, I was dating a girl and she left me because she said "I was expecting to much from her right now" and it's true I was and am looking for someone to take this all away. I think all the time about the victim's and there families, I actually met the late Mr.O's wife at court and we cried together , we exchanged numbers and spoke for a while, but we were both venting and trying to heal and we since stopped talking, I have signed up for grief /crisis counseling , I have lost a lot of faith in God, my mom died when I was 17 and my dad was never in my life, my son's mom kicked him out at 14 and it has been down hill ever since, he doesn't want no communication from his mom and neither do I . When will this be over
Sorry to hear this. I know that this can be very difficult especially because it is your son. Just know that you are not alone and that PTO is a great resource for those who are looking for someone who know exactly what you are feeling. Please dont stop living life. I would definitely recommend finding an attorney who has good outcomes as far as negotiating or in trial. The goal of this is to have your son serve as less time possible if none at all being that he is innocent. My bf scenario is almost the same as yours but my bf had way more charges besides the two your son have and he received 5 years. Every case is different. However, don't feel defeated. Put in all the effort you can to help your son receive the least time possible. Communication is the key. Dont settle for anything. Pray and never lose faith. Because this could be a test of faith. You never know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifetime30 For This Useful Post:
jadah (02-19-2020), sidewalker (02-16-2020)
Old 02-25-2020, 08:35 AM

I知 sorry for not communicating but I want you all to know I come here almost daily to read all of your encouraging words. It truly helps. I want to open up more and I feel safe to do so here. The world is so judge mental and ugly. You all are great! Thank you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chansmama For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-25-2020), lizlizzie2 (03-15-2020), sidewalker (02-25-2020)