Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Oregon, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,168 Times in 3,576 Posts
Default Oregon DOC tracking

DOC now has a tracking website. Since little to no testing is being done on inmates, assume the data is biased low.

https://www.oregon.gov/doc/covid19/P...-tracking.aspx
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2020, 10:31 AM

My guy is at OSP. We got him loaded up with cold meds and books for a lockdown, but there is nothing else to be done. He is trying to keep things as clean as possible and I am trying to stay calm! We just have to ride this one out, as we have many other hard times. He has some underlying health problems so I worry....
Old 04-11-2020, 03:06 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
My guy is at OSP. We got him loaded up with cold meds and books for a lockdown, but there is nothing else to be done. He is trying to keep things as clean as possible and I am trying to stay calm! We just have to ride this one out, as we have many other hard times. He has some underlying health problems so I worry....
They are bringing the Santiam patients to Coffee Creek, as they have the only the negative pressure rooms in the system. What happens if a female inmate gets it? Seg. Make sense to me.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
They are bringing the Santiam patients to Coffee Creek, as they have the only the negative pressure rooms in the system. What happens if a female inmate gets it? Seg. Make sense to me.
There were four cases at OSP as of yesterday. They keep moving everyone around, which is really stupid when there is inadequate hygiene and no way to keep everyone apart. I am just keeping very calm when communicating with him because their worries in there are more intense. They have limited canteen and people are hoarding like they are out here due to panic. I hate feeling helpless...
Old 04-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

from what I'm hearing, the "moving everyone around" is to try to create quarantine areas and try to get people into groups that make sense. At OSCI, they moved all the guys who work at the call center into one unit so they all eat at once, all go to yard at once etc. They're trying to minimize mixing - but first they have to have everyone on the same schedule. OSCI also took their med unit and locked it down - all meals in the unit, no chow, no outside-unit excursions, meds are being brought to them.

Snake is moving people around also, creating quarantine units. People with "non-essential" jobs have been being reassigned to new jobs. Eventually they're going to run out of "essential" jobs and there will be a lot of guys with no income.

But, yes, the best we can do is stay in touch, send books (keep Powell's employees employed!) and try to keep people's spirits up as much as possible.

I'm miffed that the CO's and other staff aren't wearing face masks. Nothing I can do about that either
Old 04-13-2020, 03:18 PM
Until the end

They are wearing masks at CCCF. All the guards and inmates who have direct contact like R&D are required to wear them.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Until the end

They also have a list of 3000 inmates tabbed for early release if necessary. I have an attorney working on trying to get her on that list if it comes to it. She has asthma, and a non measure 11. Why not try?
Old 04-13-2020, 07:01 PM

Yes, this is the time to try!!! If she is vulnerable, they don't want liability...

There are continually moving people to one spot and then moving them back at OSP and there is no lockdown, so this doesn't seem like a good deal. He was hopeful about being considered for release, but he is LWOP and I don't think they will go there. However, it might be a good time for his clemency petition to request that he be allowed to go before the parole board. His aggravating factor is no longer on list and they are letting DR prisoners have LWOP, so he can request a downgrade also. It's a long shot but...

Are you having difficulties with Telmate? Seems like the system is overloaded a lot...
Old 04-14-2020, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

I don't really use TelMate much, but Access Corrections email is really struggling! I've pretty much gone entirely to paper both because of the server load on AC and also due to the guys' having difficulty getting to a kiosk.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:02 AM

Kevin told me last night that there are 19 inmates at OSP with COVID. He said they are all still crowding into the showers and chow hall, yet there are signs saying they need to practice social distancing. I am trying not to worry because there is nothing to be done except ride it out.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:58 PM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeLR View Post
Yes, this is the time to try!!! If she is vulnerable, they don't want liability...

There are continually moving people to one spot and then moving them back at OSP and there is no lockdown, so this doesn't seem like a good deal. He was hopeful about being considered for release, but he is LWOP and I don't think they will go there. However, it might be a good time for his clemency petition to request that he be allowed to go before the parole board. His aggravating factor is no longer on list and they are letting DR prisoners have LWOP, so he can request a downgrade also. It's a long shot but...

Are you having difficulties with Telmate? Seems like the system is overloaded a lot...
At night its virtually at a standstill. My wife can't send messages that are longer then 2 sentences long. We've had our video visits dropped or not even work. I have despised everything that company is, and the best they can do is give $1.80 worth of free minutes a week. Text requires next to no bandwidth. The video is pixelated and awful, yet, still can't figure out how to make it any better.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
At night its virtually at a standstill. My wife can't send messages that are longer then 2 sentences long. We've had our video visits dropped or not even work. I have despised everything that company is, and the best they can do is give $1.80 worth of free minutes a week. Text requires next to no bandwidth. The video is pixelated and awful, yet, still can't figure out how to make it any better.
I hear you. I have sent a message that said "message floating" and had it not go through!!! It has been worse than usual since this madness started. And it is expensive. One of the biggest crimes of this industry is how much the loved ones have to pay to stay in communication.