Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & information Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in California, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:05 PM

Default Scanner update says 71 cases at lancaster prison

4/22/2020

Los Angeles County Cases
New: 1,318
Delayed Reporting: 0
Total: 16,435

Los Angeles County Deaths
New: 66
Total: 729

Lancaster Cases
New: 13
Total: 197

Antelope Valley total: 515
(Quartz Hill: 19; Palmdale: 299)

Lancaster’s numbers include 71 cases at the prison.

These numbers show that wearing your mask is essential.

https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/popu...atus-tracking/

Last edited by studebaker71; 04-23-2020 at 04:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
4/22/2020

Los Angeles County Cases
New: 1,318
Delayed Reporting: 0
Total: 16,435

Los Angeles County Deaths
New: 66
Total: 729

Lancaster Cases
New: 13
Total: 197

Antelope Valley total: 515
(Quartz Hill: 19; Palmdale: 299)

Lancaster’s numbers include 71 cases at the prison.

These numbers show that wearing your mask is essential.

https://www.cdcr.ca.gov/covid19/popu...atus-tracking/
Well we know the prisons don't provide or give access to cleaning supplies. They purposely turn off toilets so inmates have to sit in feces-filled closets. They will not be handing out masks or providing them on commissary. The government is too busy with its asset forfeitures for their personal stocks. A dead inmate must bring them money. They "take the body" but there must be a payout for being in control of the body when death occurs. Back in the day it use to be the guard's form of entertainment. To set fights up to the death and pick guy up off the street and hide them in the system. I'm surprised this country allowed such a prison boom.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frees View Post
Well we know the prisons don't provide or give access to cleaning supplies. They purposely turn off toilets so inmates have to sit in feces-filled closets. They will not be handing out masks or providing them on commissary. The government is too busy with its asset forfeitures for their personal stocks. A dead inmate must bring them money. They "take the body" but there must be a payout for being in control of the body when death occurs. Back in the day it use to be the guard's form of entertainment. To set fights up to the death and pick guy up off the street and hide them in the system. I'm surprised this country allowed such a prison boom.

If you follow the money trail you'll find out why prisons are such a big thing in the U.S. Everything is money and kickbacks. It's just pure greed and the prisoners are the pawn in making that money for them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Born For This Useful Post:
thingsnotseen (05-04-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frees View Post
I don't trust the intent of the prisons, but what your saying is not widespread or we would and hear about it more often. I cant buy all this. Especially with my girl in prison and none of this being reported hahah
Old 04-24-2020, 10:23 AM

Thanked 1,672 Times in 710 Posts

Latest numbers bumped. Lancaster now 77 and CIM 71 confirmed positive.

The 2 week modified program expired a couple of days ago. I have yet to see an announcement initiating another 2 weeks. They are not allowed to just keep the old one going. They need to post or formally announce something new.

COVID guidance for prisons in CA don't provide enough. They test based on their "clinical judgment". Whatever that means. Sounds like they give themselves pretty wide discretion whether to test an inmate or not. Then if test positive, guideline is to isolate inmate. Fine, I guess.

Guidelines about reporting and isolating and how long to isolate and when to release from isolation. Again, reasonable I suppose. But there is no guideliine re what if someone gets very ill? No one can convince me any prison is equipped to deal with a critically ill patient. At some point, they have to transport to an outside facility if they are to have a chance. I don't see where they address that. Who decides? When? On what medical basis?

One death at CIM. What happened there? Did he get proper treatment when he went critical? Did he get transport out? Or did they just leave him isolated in his cell relying on ill equipped prison medical to deal with it?
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-25-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Latest numbers bumped. Lancaster now 77 and CIM 71 confirmed positive.

The 2 week modified program expired a couple of days ago. I have yet to see an announcement initiating another 2 weeks. They are not allowed to just keep the old one going. They need to post or formally announce something new.

COVID guidance for prisons in CA don't provide enough. They test based on their "clinical judgment". Whatever that means. Sounds like they give themselves pretty wide discretion whether to test an inmate or not. Then if test positive, guideline is to isolate inmate. Fine, I guess.

Guidelines about reporting and isolating and how long to isolate and when to release from isolation. Again, reasonable I suppose. But there is no guideliine re what if someone gets very ill? No one can convince me any prison is equipped to deal with a critically ill patient. At some point, they have to transport to an outside facility if they are to have a chance. I don't see where they address that. Who decides? When? On what medical basis?

One death at CIM. What happened there? Did he get proper treatment when he went critical? Did he get transport out? Or did they just leave him isolated in his cell relying on ill equipped prison medical to deal with it?
I would say the facility is compromised. They will not say this, but the only way to contain it would be to stop anyone in or out. The more they are in denial and treating this like its classful, the more risk they bring to themselves AND the neighboring communities. This will definitely impact Lancaster.

I pray they don't try and put people on buses to other facilities, but these people aren't known for being very smart on the macro scale.... Process oriented and operating largely with blinders on aligning with legacy old policy which never addressed this kind of situation.

If you see a situation with more than 50 cases, I would consider the facility compromised and everyone at risk....
Old 04-24-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
I would say the facility is compromised. They will not say this, but the only way to contain it would be to stop anyone in or out. The more they are in denial and treating this like its classful, the more risk they bring to themselves AND the neighboring communities. This will definitely impact Lancaster.

I pray they don't try and put people on buses to other facilities, but these people aren't known for being very smart on the macro scale.... Process oriented and operating largely with blinders on aligning with legacy old policy which never addressed this kind of situation.

If you see a situation with more than 50 cases, I would consider the facility compromised and everyone at risk....
Guess I need to clarify. The outside facility I refer to is an outside hospital. A critically ill inmate needs to be transported (by ambulance) to an outside hospital. Just like any other critically ill patient outside of prison. The prison medical will not be equipped to help him.

That's why I wonder what happened to that person at CIM? Did he get to a hospital for treatment or not? If not, he was not given a chance.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post
Guess I need to clarify. The outside facility I refer to is an outside hospital. A critically ill inmate needs to be transported (by ambulance) to an outside hospital. Just like any other critically ill patient outside of prison. The prison medical will not be equipped to help him.

That's why I wonder what happened to that person at CIM? Did he get to a hospital for treatment or not? If not, he was not given a chance.
I don't know. I would hope he would get attention, but I don't bet on it!
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (04-24-2020)
Old 04-24-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I don't know. I would hope he would get attention, but I don't bet on it!

I agree, wouldn't bet on it either. Guidelines only talk about isolating until they are clear of the virus. I assume that leaves it to discretion of each individual prison to decide whether critically ill patient gets sent to a hospital or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (04-24-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 07:20 PM

Even if they moved the people into medical units...medical still visits the other units.

This all would have been stopped early had they isolated the guards to the facilities, no in or outs or transfers, and no in person visits.

Those stupid tablet devices should been given to each inmate so they can email family on an approved list or at least give them access to law materials and books. Cutting people off from the outside world, from exercise, nutrition, clean clothes, working toilets, etc. is not rehabilitation. By the time people wake the fuck up and see it, it will be their grandchildren that are being mined and it will be too late.