Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 05-19-2020, 09:34 PM

Unhappy Questions about Perryville San Carlos Unit

Hi, I just have a couple questions regarding the San Carlos unit at Perryville women's prison in Arizona.
Are there lines that the inmates have to wait in to make a phone call?
How hard is it for a female inmate how's there to obtain a Commissary list?
My LO tells me that the reason why she isn't able to call a lot it's because of the long lines that phone tabs also she tells me that it's extremely hard for an inmate to obtain a Commissary list. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm being told the truth
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2020, 12:10 AM

I can’t speak on the phone issue but I know in my mans prison there’s always stress over getting the phone. I’ve learned it’s common in a lot of prisons.
My sister at perryville they get there bubble sheets weekly. If you mean a copy of the list that she can send you, then most likely no you can’t get that.
Old 05-27-2020, 01:27 PM
Donation Award 

HI :-) I have a loved one that just transferred to Perryville-- how long before I could send her a packaged, anyone know? and are the women able to get tablets like the men do in prison?
Old 05-27-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustNoBody View Post
HI :-) I have a loved one that just transferred to Perryville-- how long before I could send her a packaged, anyone know? and are the women able to get tablets like the men do in prison?
You have to be on her approved visitors list to send a package so you would need to fill out an application first and pay $25. You can only do it through the website as well.

Perryville has tablets. Email through JPAY. Right now on Wednesdays they are giving free replies to inmates when you send them a message as long as you check the "prepaid reply" box.

Not all mens prisons have tablets.
Old 05-27-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah&Chance View Post
Hi, I just have a couple questions regarding the San Carlos unit at Perryville women's prison in Arizona.
Are there lines that the inmates have to wait in to make a phone call?
How hard is it for a female inmate how's there to obtain a Commissary list?
My LO tells me that the reason why she isn't able to call a lot it's because of the long lines that phone tabs also she tells me that it's extremely hard for an inmate to obtain a Commissary list. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm being told the truth
my LO has been there long enough for me to give you the info on both.

lines are long, but if your LO is a level 3, they can call anytime as many times a day as they want. levels have a lot to do with privileges. those levels are made through a testing coming in and your behavior.

I was told that if you put money on the books at certain times of the week, that will determine when you get your items. they order either on Mondays or Tuesdays. they have to wait a full week to get their items. it's not like county. also you want to get on the secure pak. that help a lot for them to have food and their other needs while waiting for their commissary. all inmates have the tablets at Perryville. you have to go JPAY and I buy the stamps so that always have communications with my LO because the lines are long and the women are not nice when they have only 2 calls a day that they can make. everybodies situation is different.

so your LO is telling the truth, but they can make their stay there easy if they learn the system. my LO have been there for over a year now and has another year to go. if you want to keep your LO busy, contact Rio Salada college for some classes. this looks good for rehabilitation. the prison is not going to rehab any of our LO. so we have to help them through. if you need anymore information from me. send me a private email.

hope this helped some