Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Texas, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:44 PM

Default Transfers during COVID-19 Lockdown

Hi Y'all!

I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else is in this situation. There was another TDCJ conference yesterday, and in it this was stated:

ITP PROGRAMS: These programs will continue to run, and people will continue to start and complete their programs. The only exception is if an inmate is in a Unit on a precautionary lockdown, which will delay their transfer until the lockdown is cleared.

I spoke to my husbands unit this morning who had mentioned this as well. They stated that as soon as the unit is off lockdown there will be "buses galore" to transfer the transient inmates to their permanent unit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bangers19 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-06-2020), Lissy8307 (05-06-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangers19 View Post
Hi Y'all!

I just wanted to pass this along in case anyone else is in this situation. There was another TDCJ conference yesterday, and in it this was stated:

ITP PROGRAMS: These programs will continue to run, and people will continue to start and complete their programs. The only exception is if an inmate is in a Unit on a precautionary lockdown, which will delay their transfer until the lockdown is cleared.

I spoke to my husbands unit this morning who had mentioned this as well. They stated that as soon as the unit is off lockdown there will be "buses galore" to transfer the transient inmates to their permanent unit.
It will be a long while before any buses are transferring to programs! They need to change the votes to FI 1 so the inmates can get out of the inhumane units, with sick ones all around them and they are all starving.
Old 05-08-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmom2013 View Post
It will be a long while before any buses are transferring to programs! They need to change the votes to FI 1 so the inmates can get out of the inhumane units, with sick ones all around them and they are all starving.
They are not starving in TDCJ. Most guys gain lots of weight in TDCJ if they dont workout alot.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:45 PM

My friend’s supposed to parole in less than a month. Anyone heard if it’s affecting release?
Old 05-08-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steppenwolf View Post
My friend’s supposed to parole in less than a month. Anyone heard if it’s affecting release?
If his unit is on precautionary lockdown due to the virus he cannot be released until the lockdown has cleared.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bangers19 For This Useful Post:
Steppenwolf (05-10-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmom2013 View Post
This information is from TDCJ. If the precautionary lockdown is cleared, the buses will be there to transfer. I was told “buses galore”, but my husband is at a transfer unit where half the inmate population are transients.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russelln61 View Post
They are not starving in TDCJ. Most guys gain lots of weight in TDCJ if they dont workout alot.
They’re not being fed very well at many units right now. My husband has gone without food as they ran out. They’re now only feeding them twice a day. Some units are down to once a day. My husband goes to bed with hunger pains, he is hungry.
dtmom2013 (05-09-2020)
Old 05-08-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
They’re not being fed very well at many units right now. My husband has gone without food as they ran out. They’re now only feeding them twice a day. Some units are down to once a day. My husband goes to bed with hunger pains, he is hungry.
I find that hard to believe. I was at Holliday when one of the kitchens burnt up and we were down to one kitchen for the unit. We were fed twice a day for awhile then.
I never went hungry at TDCJ and I didnt have alot of money for store.
The Following User Says Thank You to russelln61 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (05-09-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 07:25 AM

They inmates on medical lockdown are only getting 2 Johnny sacks a day, and a lot of those have been 1 pb&j sandwich, and a small box of raisins if they are lucky, since March. Some are getting 2 hardboiled eggs. That is not enough food for grown men let alone the lack of nutritional value. Trying to keep an immune system up on those rations will not work. They can't buy food and they are always hungry!
Old 05-09-2020, 07:46 AM

They’re not able to buy anything at commissary. I’m happy to hear that you never went hungry, but there are consistent reports from inmates about the lack of food that they’re receiving. This has gotten to the point where it’s being discussing during the conference calls and TDCJ is trying to make steps to make it better. It’s been 1-2, 3 if they’re lucky, johnnies a day for months. And my husband DID have to go without food because they didn’t have enough and he didn’t get anything until the next day.
dtmom2013 (05-11-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 01:37 PM

Quote:
They’re not able to buy anything at commissary. I’m happy to hear that you never went hungry, but there are consistent reports from inmates about the lack of food that they’re receiving. This has gotten to the point where it’s being discussing during the conference calls and TDCJ is trying to make steps to make it better. It’s been 1-2, 3 if they’re lucky, johnnies a day for months. And my husband DID have to go without food because they didn’t have enough and he didn’t get anything until the next day.
Lockdowns and Johnnysacks do suck. In prison one of the few things to look forward too is meals and I will agree that two johnnies a day is hard time.With the beer virus lockdown the kitchen is probably being staffed by TDCJ personel and I hope it ends soon.
Also remember when on lockdown,showers are restricted,no library no worship service or rec or AA NA meetings. Just sit on your bunk hoping to borrow a book from the lucky ones who might have one.
It is not any good.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
MMM good ol PBJ samwiches.

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...w-what-is-that
Old 05-20-2020, 04:26 PM

OMG Russell, what on earth is that? it looks disgusting
Old 05-20-2020, 05:31 PM

Thats lunch or maybe dinner. Did you read the link? Looks like a peanut butter and jelly sanwich and a hamburber with pickle That looks like some of that good ol TDCJ sausage there and look even a piece of sandwich cheese stuck on there.Thats one lucky offender. The other thing is a sloppy joe .. Like I said, I never went hungry
Read the link. The author mentions that one day the meal came at 3 am..guess what folks breakfast is always at 330 to 430 am everyday in TDCJ. Alot of the guys that have lots of money on their books skip breakfast although it is usually a very good meal when not on lockdown,Pancakes and cereal or eggs . I even had fried eggs one weekend down at the Walls. Those boys live high on the hog at the Walls. I am really surprised that there are no pancakes featured in this article.. TDCJ is famous for its pancakes. Read the link..

Last edited by russelln61; 05-20-2020 at 05:46 PM..
Old 05-20-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Thats lunch or maybe dinner. Did you read the link? Looks like a peanut butter and jelly sanwich and a hamburber with pickle That looks like some of that good ol TDCJ sausage there and look even a piece of sandwich cheese stuck on there.Thats one lucky offender. The other thing is a sloppy joe ..
Read the link. The author mentions that one day the meal came at 3 am..guess what folks breakfast is always at 330 to 430 am everyday in TDCJ.I am really surprised that there are no pancakes involved. TDCJ is famous for its pancakes. Read the link..

Sorry the link won't open for me. Is there another.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:47 PM

I fixed it...
Old 05-20-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the link, My heart goes out to all prisoners. And you know what really saddens me? It saddens me that these men and women are treated inhumanely not just by the prison system but by others as well. The only people who really have any compassion is the families.
Old 05-20-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born View Post
Thanks for the link, My heart goes out to all prisoners. And you know what really saddens me? It saddens me that these men and women are treated inhumanely not just by the prison system but by others as well. The only people who really have any compassion is the families.
Omg that looks disgusting that food looks so horrible yeah kinda happy that i send him a food package even though it might due him some good by eating this food so sad brings tears to my eyes
Old 05-21-2020, 09:23 AM

Quote:
MMM good ol PBJ samwiches.

It's hard to believe this is the reality of 2020...wow....
Old 05-21-2020, 11:48 AM

It just during lockdown. The kitchens are run by offenders . During lockdowns staff make sandwiches and johnnys. When not on lockdown the chow is pretty good. Fresh fruit and greens are scarce but I remember okra,cabbage,bananas,sauerkraut,canned fruit,turnip greens,raisins and prunes. probably some others I forgot