Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Covid -19 (Corona Virus) news & events Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Arizona, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:35 PM
Billy2415

Default 34 positive in yuma??

I'm very concerned ..has anybody else seen the jump in positive cases in Yuma ?2 days ago when I checked there was still 0 people tested positive I checked today and there's 34? has anybody else question this. I haven't spoke to my loved one since last Monday. he said that he had been in bed several days not feeling well but that he hadn't been tested now it's been several days I haven't heard anything from him.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2020, 12:41 PM

They havent reported many of the cases and probably wont. Those cases were in one unit alone. My man is a unit that has had a few men removed for being sick and not returned but those arent reported, maybe they just havent been tested so they arent going to report anything. Who knows.

Things are not right in there.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2415 View Post
I'm very concerned ..has anybody else seen the jump in positive cases in Yuma ?2 days ago when I checked there was still 0 people tested positive I checked today and there's 34? has anybody else question this. I haven't spoke to my loved one since last Monday. he said that he had been in bed several days not feeling well but that he hadn't been tested now it's been several days I haven't heard anything from him.
They with held that information for almost a week from the dashboard. Now they saying they dont have enough tests to test everyone. So the numbers are probably alot more then we will ever know. An employee of the food service company also tested postive. The CO's have been working at Florence too. So this really isn't too surprising that they are now infected. Medical isn't prepared for this at all. I pray for a swift and speedy recovery for all that are sick
Old 05-19-2020, 06:20 AM
Billy2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
They with held that information for almost a week from the dashboard. Now they saying they dont have enough tests to test everyone. So the numbers are probably alot more then we will ever know. An employee of the food service company also tested postive. The CO's have been working at Florence too. So this really isn't too surprising that they are now infected. Medical isn't prepared for this at all. I pray for a swift and speedy recovery for all that are sick
I have a LO in Florence as well and have had contact with him. He seems to have dodged this so far...however he still seems to be in the dark as far as how extreme the situation is, especially in the harder hit places and as to what going on out here. He only hears from word of mouth through others houses with him. He did say they're installing the video equipment for the video visitations!! But says they're still about a month out before it's available. I'm so extremely excited for this as he's been away since 2010 and I have not seem him ...only written and spoken...shit, here comes the tears..aaaahhh..anyways, thank you for the info...I live off the grid and don't always have internet access so have to catch up when I come back into town!!
Old 05-19-2020, 06:37 AM
Billy2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoluv29 View Post
They havent reported many of the cases and probably wont. Those cases were in one unit alone. My man is a unit that has had a few men removed for being sick and not returned but those arent reported, maybe they just havent been tested so they arent going to report anything. Who knows.

Things are not right in there.
Hi. I believe we've spoke before. Could you tell me what unit that was? All I know is he stated in his letter he'd been sick in bed for several days but not tested yet!! This is such crap (sorry) I always try and stay positive but that seems to be running thin lately. I live off grid and don't have internet all the time but I've been keeping "score" with this dashboard and the numbers are definitely NOT adding up. Which I figured that would be the case when this all started. I download everything I can and watch it when I'm off grid....this whole thing is so corrupt....the world's in serious trouble and were all caught in the middle...on top of dealing with the prison system and being cut off from our loved ones makes my blood boil! Time to go for a hike before I go postal!! Hope you are doing well and thank you for the info!!
Old 05-19-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy2415 View Post
Hi. I believe we've spoke before. Could you tell me what unit that was?
All the cases recently reported was Cibola.
My man is in Dakota where several people have gone around sick and removed but not tested. My guy said today there was talk of a guy from a different pod being sick and they made both of the pods go to chow together. Making them all fit in the chow hall. Social distancing clearly is not a thing in there.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:52 AM

Yuma:

https://kjzz.org/content/1574901/com...ections-spread
Old 05-21-2020, 09:16 AM

Only the Inmates that go to medical with symptoms are being tested. So yes there are probably alot more postive cases then what being reported. Those who are confirmed positive are being put into a warehouse as quarantine. The ones pending are still intermingling with population until their results come back. They have moved guys who "aren't sick" over to Cheyenne. They are also putting all the kitchen workers in one unit. There is at least 2 postive cases in the Trinity food service company employees.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:23 AM

Just announced that 900 COs will be tested at Yuma over 3 day period. No discussion on inmates being tested.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComparedToWhat View Post
Just announced that 900 COs will be tested at Yuma over 3 day period. No discussion on inmates being tested.
Because there isn't any. We did a car rally over there on Saturday. It was good to see my husband even from a far. It really raised thier spirits. I'm going to be contacting the local politician that pushed for testing if the CO's and see if we can get that blitz testing done