Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:36 PM

Default LO being moved to the annex

Hi everyone, this is probably just me being a worrier I guess, but I have notifications about my S.O on so I can know if anything changes with his sentence or something, just in case, and i just got an email saying heís been moved to the annex of his prison. I worry because he had a friend who used to be in the same prison, someone I used to know and that person got attacked and moved to the annex, Iím worried something might have happened to him. Or can you get moved there if youíre in trouble for anything? Iím so worried and currently I canít contact him. Is this just a normal thing for someone to get moved to the annex or am I worrying for a reason? I know that people on here are very helpful, which I really do appreciate, but I just want to ask that people are kind in the thread, Iím fairly new to this whole prison situation, and I worry very easily about things that might seem small to others. I feel stupid for asking that, as everyone probably would be kind anyway, but just in case,
I have to ask.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,164 Times in 3,575 Posts

There are a lot of reasons why people get moved. Right now, many prisons are trying to create quarantine areas for active cases of Covid, so the deck chairs are being shuffled all over while the prisons try to create space.

Other reasons - someone with more "clout" wanted to live where your Loved One was living and pulled some strings and he just happened to be the one who got moved (btw, "SO" = sex offender; "LO" = loved one. I'm not sure if you meant the former or the latter, but thought you should know).

Or there was a gang forming/collecting in one location, so they needed to move people around to separate them and your LO got caught up in the "moving around".

Unless he was going to the hole, people can be moved for all kinds of reasons, some benign, some more worrying. Most of the time, movements are benign bits of bureaucracy. I can't say with certainty that that's what your LO experienced, but the people I know seem to get moved around for random reasons that make no sense to the inmate or to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-22-2020)
Old 05-22-2020, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
There are a lot of reasons why people get moved. Right now, many prisons are trying to create quarantine areas for active cases of Covid, so the deck chairs are being shuffled all over while the prisons try to create space.

Other reasons - someone with more "clout" wanted to live where your Loved One was living and pulled some strings and he just happened to be the one who got moved (btw, "SO" = sex offender; "LO" = loved one. I'm not sure if you meant the former or the latter, but thought you should know).

Or there was a gang forming/collecting in one location, so they needed to move people around to separate them and your LO got caught up in the "moving around".

Unless he was going to the hole, people can be moved for all kinds of reasons, some benign, some more worrying. Most of the time, movements are benign bits of bureaucracy. I can't say with certainty that that's what your LO experienced, but the people I know seem to get moved around for random reasons that make no sense to the inmate or to me.
Ah ok thank you. I thought S.O meant significant other oops! Thank you for letting me know I will try and change that.
Old 05-23-2020, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,164 Times in 3,575 Posts

I've changed the subject line of this thread to avoid confusion.

I hope you hear from him soon and find him safe and only bureaucratically inconvenienced.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
derekskeeper (05-23-2020)