Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Hawaii - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 PM

Default Halawa Correctional Facility (How long does it take to get approved?)

Does anyone know how long it takes for approval for visitation or to send money. My bf just got to halawa and he says they have very little food so id like to send him money for commisary. I called the prison and they wont give me any info. I can only send money if im on his visit list??
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru_kuuipo View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes for approval for visitation or to send money. My bf just got to halawa and he says they have very little food so id like to send him money for commisary. I called the prison and they wont give me any info. I can only send money if im on his visit list??
Hi I dont know the answer to your question. But my bf also did just get there (halawa)if you have any info as to how I can get on to a correspondance list. any info you know would be very much appreciated.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:39 PM

My bf is in there and he's been in there since the beginning of Oct and only now I'm able to visit him I jus got approved the other day he says that the person who was in charge says hes hardly in his office wtf yah but anyways I'm sorry if he doesn't have anyone on his visitors list he will not be able to put any money in his books. my guy had his moms on his list so I jus used her info to send him his money. I never wanted to visit him while he was in the feds so I wasnt on his visitors list..I hope it happens soon for you because it is kinda bad in there they sed
The Following User Says Thank You to ewabeyatch96706 For This Useful Post:
podageeprincess (01-02-2012)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabeyatch96706 View Post
My bf is in there and he's been in there since the beginning of Oct and only now I'm able to visit him I jus got approved the other day he says that the person who was in charge says hes hardly in his office wtf yah but anyways I'm sorry if he doesn't have anyone on his visitors list he will not be able to put any money in his books. my guy had his moms on his list so I jus used her info to send him his money. I never wanted to visit him while he was in the feds so I wasnt on his visitors list..I hope it happens soon for you because it is kinda bad in there they sed
Thanks for the info. Im not approved yet so it sucks. I get his phone calls and we write but as off yet I am not on his visit list so, I cant send him any money. He was originally at HCCC on the big island since February and got transferred to Halawa in October. He's awaiting a parole hearing in February. Hopefully that means he will get to come home soon. Were from the Big Island on the Kona side so financially it will get a little tough to be able to visit him constantly. But as long as I can send him money it will be ok. He has clarified just how bad it is in there. He wants to come home so all were left with is a prayer in our hearts that something good comes out of his Parole hearing.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 AM

Goodluck next month I hope everything goes well.. but if he does end up staying it takes a longtime to get on the list there try and see if he's immediate family members are on his list because theyre usually the only ones on the list as soon as they get transferred so you would be able to send him money and its kinda technical there if u do it wrong they send the check bak to u and then u need to make corrections and send it out again but tell him to ask his counselor in there idk but they take forever to do shit in there.I have family and frenz that work there so I would jus call and ask them to check for me but now im on the list finally...hit me up if u need any info if i can help u out i will..
The Following User Says Thank You to ewabeyatch96706 For This Useful Post:
Tinkemom (05-14-2016)
Old 06-11-2015, 10:46 AM
Account Closed

Is your man still in there? Can you give me info about that place. My husband was just transferred there from OCCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewabeyatch96706 View Post
Goodluck next month I hope everything goes well.. but if he does end up staying it takes a longtime to get on the list there try and see if he's immediate family members are on his list because theyre usually the only ones on the list as soon as they get transferred so you would be able to send him money and its kinda technical there if u do it wrong they send the check bak to u and then u need to make corrections and send it out again but tell him to ask his counselor in there idk but they take forever to do shit in there.I have family and frenz that work there so I would jus call and ask them to check for me but now im on the list finally...hit me up if u need any info if i can help u out i will..
Old 04-30-2016, 04:36 PM

Default Halawa anyone else have loved one here?

I am looking to find out info of any kind as my son is there and Its hard finding any info online about this facility, thanks