Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:35 AM

Default Appeal won

So after sending tons of appeals regarding the issues at Ft Dix my husband won the appeal! We should be celebrating right? Well they did not give him his good time back, nor his commissary, or email - all he got back was his points lowered. I just am glad that regardless of this crap - the facility is being investigated by many agencies for what they have done!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VBsWife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-29-2018), Sarianna (06-29-2018), xolady (06-29-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2018, 05:40 AM

Thanked 5,797 Times in 3,030 Posts

Congrats!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
VBsWife (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 05:56 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,943 Times in 11,659 Posts

The bop will continue punishing him for winning his appeal, but hopefully some of the agencies who are investigating Ft. Dix will figure that out.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:59 AM

Thanked 1,053 Times in 529 Posts

Getting points lowered is better than nothing, and if the facility is in fact being investigated, which in turn causes change to happen, then that in itself is a win. Maybe perhaps not viewed in the eyes of your husband, but think of it as paying it forward in terms of making it better for future inmates.

There are many things that are going on right under the noses of the wardens, COs etc. in these prisons that no one does anything about. Either they're complacent, look the other way, don't care, or overworked to the point they just can't do anything about it.

Many inmates aren't going to start trouble for themselves and do anything while in there, and once out, they want to get far out. I would love for my husband to send a letter to the warden, even anonymously, when he's out, about some of the things going on in there, or where and what rooms are the "hot" rooms and the contraband is hidden. At least that way when these dorms have a full on sweep, they actually come out with something, as opposed to 1 phone, when everyone knows there are tons of phones in the place and where they are. Not to mention the drugs as well.

If you want to help the people, help them. But don't just regurgitate the cycle over and over.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockchalk1 For This Useful Post:
VBsWife (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 09:29 AM

Its crazy because he is supposed to be sent to HWH or HC this between 9/2018 and 11/2018 so lowering this points do nothing. He is still about 400 miles away so I simply cannot afford to visit again until its time to pick him up if they allow me to. I haven't heard anything else regarding the investigation in months but I know it takes them time to send notices out regarding that stuff and I also know that they will not tell me the final results of their investigation either.
The Following User Says Thank You to VBsWife For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2018)