Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:20 PM

Glad things are looking up for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Classygyrl10 For This Useful Post:
choclgs (05-19-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,762 Times in 2,063 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Ah,the power of patience! Glad you've learned it, and well.

If you don't learn it, you perish trying to get the prison system to DO something.

That ~~~patience~~~ didn't come easy! PTO has been a great place to come for support and be a support to others. I've learned so much from everyone here
Bryanna814 (06-07-2017), fbopnomore (05-20-2017), LifeTraveler (05-20-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Carolina traveler

Default An update

We were able to talk today and he's seen the doctor for a follow-up. As it turns out, his meds were out of whack. He was taking a higher dosage than needed for one and given another to counteract the side effects for another, which ended up causing more harm than good! He sounded so much better than he did a couple of weeks ago. He's asked me to get his medical records but I'm having the hardest time getting them despite him signing the release. Because it was near the end of the business day, I'll have to try again. You have got to love the department of corrections
Bryanna814 (06-07-2017), fbopnomore (06-02-2017), LifeTraveler (06-05-2017)
Old 06-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 26,630 Times in 9,711 Posts

Well, at least someone got to the bottom of the issue! Long and slow, but they got there. That's got to be some major relief!
choclgs (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 01:30 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Well, at least someone got to the bottom of the issue! Long and slow, but they got there. That's got to be some major relief!

It was a relief. He tries to stay on top of his meds but now that they do a lot of telemedicine, getting seen by the doctor is a wait no different than when they were driven out to central to see them. I called an advocate and was told where he was, they have the hardest time getting qualified staff who are trained, or could be trained, to deal with medical and mental health emergencies. I wasn't pleased when he explained how he was treated by the officers when they responded to his situation but I understood after talking with the advocate...if you don't know, you react to what you see.

I hope to be able to visit with him soon now that he's been transferred.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Carolina traveler

It's been a long time since I was able to visit so with all that's taken place my nerves were all over when I pulled into the parking lot to see him.

He walked in with the biggest smile and all was well after that. We talked about random stuff because the weight of all the serious things just felt like too much to dwell upon for the entire visit. I found out what I needed to know and from there we talked about KD winning his first championship to music we're enjoying at the moment. He's asked to leave his family be, except for a few and some friends. He's had the worst experience since his most recent incarceration and they've been the least concerned.

I don't know when I'll be able to travel back to spend time with him but it felt like I'd slept a thousand snores that night. He's decided to give up eating meat...that was a surprise but I realized how serious he was because he didn't eat as much from the machines as he normally did. I believe the last three years have lead to some self-evaluation and he's looking forward.

Thank you all for your listening ears, this sight has been a God send over the years
bmoreicon (06-20-2017), Classygyrl10 (06-20-2017), LifeTraveler (06-20-2017)