Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:02 PM

Default Info Please? - about Garden State Youth Correctional Facility

Greetings,

I am looking for information as to the mailing rules and guidelines within the
NJ system. Most particularly, Garden State Youth.

Any help pointing me into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

aeva
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Wishing you were here...
Donation Award 

Well...my man is in GYCF too...but I don't know the guidelines. I do know what needs to be written on the envelopes and all. As far as I know...you can write/draw on envelopes (Dave and I do all the time). You can send pictures...and as far as sexy pics go...as long as it's not penetration or full on pubic shot...they get processed threw (that is what I have heard...but I don't send pics like that). UMM...I don't know about stickers and such...I was wondering this myself...but I never asked Dave. Well...I am not exactly sure what you wanted to know...but that's all I got for you. If you got any certain questions...I will try to answer them. Hugs
-Jackie
Old 05-30-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Still Looking for Info

Thanks for your post

It has been awhile since I checked in. What I was looking for, and still are, is a mail rules listing for NJ. GSYCF in particular. I have two brothers down there and trying to help out on some reading materials. I need to know if there is a limit like 5 pages per envelope, like in Florida, etc.
Can you help me out here?? Is there some posting of mail rules? I haven't had much luck trying to find it on the NJDOC site.

Much thanks, and hope to hear back soon!!

A.Eva
Old 05-30-2005, 07:27 PM
Wishing you were here...
Donation Award 

Well...as for how many pages you can send...I don't think there is a limit. I have sent like 10 pages (front and back)...and there wasn't any problem with it. Dave said that they are getting a little strict with thing printed off the internet...like if it says the website on top and all...you should cut that off. But as far as the guidelines go...I have no clue where to find it! I never read them...nor do I know what they are. I hope you can find your answers. Hugs
-Jackie
Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 PM

Default New Jersey Mail Rules

Thanks Jackie,

That is what I was looking for. More precisely, a limit on typed pages per envelope, like many other inst. These inst.'s are going crazy today!
I appreciate your input.

But if you do run across a mail rule information page, I would appreciate a link, etc.

Take Care

A.Eva