Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Forums for Louisiana prison & jail facilities.

Old 10-02-2003, 10:40 PM

Default Caldwell Correctional

Does anyone know "anyone" in Caldwell Correctional Center, in Grayson,La. and if you have to be put on a call list there?..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2004, 10:14 AM

NO you don't have to be on a phone list!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:17 PM

does anyoneknow anything about this place? i'm in alabama, and it seems thatrichard allen,our new comissioner of d.o.c has contracted out to send some of our inmates there,including my son. or at least i think it is this one,as i have not heard of any other"private " prison. what the heck IS a private prison anyway? any info would be appreciated.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

There are many privately owned prisons (this is just a new forum and I haven't had alot of time to move the posts around yet....just got the forum today!) Private owned prisons are not owned or operated by the state. The state pays a fee for each inmate housed there. My step-son spent over 2 years in this facility. It's not too bad (for a prison), but there is very little for them to do.....very few classes....very little outdoor rec time.....just not much of nothing according to my son.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:17 AM

The facility where my husband is called West Carroll Detention Center and it is one of the private facilities that are going to house out-of-state inmates. Infact he told me on Sunday that this week they were going to shipping out those inmates that didn't have jobs, to get ready for the out-of-state inmates.

West Carroll is about the same as Caldwell, in regards to the lack of things for them to do. But it is a very laid back facility.

Till I pick him up!!!

Old 08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Elizabeth

My fiance is in limbo as to whether he's going to be shipped from West Carrol or not due to the out of state inmates. He's been trying to get a job so he can stay and we're hoping that they consider tudors as workers. Today for some reason tho.. they moved him from one dorm to another.. which i found odd. I know they moved the workers to the "pod" dorms. I'm so confused and anxious to know what is going on. The administration at WCDC is not being much help at all.

eli
Old 08-30-2006, 06:16 AM

I talked to Steve yesterday and He was moved to the pods. Supposedly this means they are going to start shipping the others out soon. He said last week they came and got everyone who didn't have a job in his dorm and moved them. If I'm suppose to hear from Steve today, I'll ask him if he has anymore info.

Till I pick him up!!!

Old 08-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Elizabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbrick
I talked to Steve yesterday and He was moved to the pods. Supposedly this means they are going to start shipping the others out soon. He said last week they came and got everyone who didn't have a job in his dorm and moved them. If I'm suppose to hear from Steve today, I'll ask him if he has anymore info.
I talked to Ms Russell today and she said that having a job wont benefit anyone in the long run. So I'm assuming this means that everyone will be shipped from WCDC in due time. I heard that they were moving everyone out of the A dorms first and that is why Mike got moved to D1. I'm so frustrated, I wish they would just ship him if thats what they are going to do. I'm just praying for some stability. The fear of the unknown is beginning to get to me. I know there is at least one person that was moved to the pods without having a job.. which i find intriguing to say the least. I guess after doing this for a year and a half I would have learned patience.. but i still have a long way to go and my patience has reached its max.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:19 PM

I just got off the phone alittle while ago with Steve. He said yes they cleared out all the A dorms getting ready for the new guys. And the word he heard was that they were going to start moving in the new inmates tomorrow. He said they've being saying they're going to start transfering the others out anyday now.

Girl, I think the DOC is suppose to be a test in patience, and if you didn't have any in the beginning you'll have some in the end. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, that he'll be moved somewhere decient and closer.

I don't doubt they'll ship all the LA inmates out eventually. The workers will probably be the last since they'll have to assess the new guys discipline records and what their charged with. You know it's all a money thing, I'm sure the out-of-state inmates are worth more to them.

I thank God that I only have to deal with this a few more weeks.

Till I pick him up!!!

Last edited by adbrick; 08-30-2006 at 08:21 PM..
Old 08-31-2006, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessnkat
There are many privately owned prisons (this is just a new forum and I haven't had alot of time to move the posts around yet....just got the forum today!) Private owned prisons are not owned or operated by the state. The state pays a fee for each inmate housed there. My step-son spent over 2 years in this facility. It's not too bad (for a prison), but there is very little for them to do.....very few classes....very little outdoor rec time.....just not much of nothing according to my son.
well,you are doing a great job! but i have started doing some research on private prisons,those in louisiana anyway. and they all give glowing reports on them.lower cost to operate,more humane treatment of the inmates,equal educational and recreational programs. i should have known not to believe it.but then again,even tho they have these programs at bibb,my son has not been able to get into any of them except the bible studies.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:49 AM

well, MY son may be one of those 'out-of-state' inmates.he told me last friday that they told them they would be moved over the weekend.he was supposed to let me know something,and i waited as long as yesterday,then i called Bibb,where he is now. ms.cochran said "yes,he is still here,and yes ,some will be moved but we don't know who,where or when." i guess you guys know more about it than they do,but THAT is not surprising. as for what my son is in for,well,he is in for violation of probation of probation on top 1st. basicly,for not being able to pay his fines and restatuion. he is 26,the father of two beautiful little girls,and this is his first,and i pray his last time in prison.his release time is sept.2008,and the parole board has not set him a review date yet.i'm sort of torn about this move,as he will be farther away from me,and i won't see him very often.but i hear that these private prisons are sooo much better than the state prisons,so i guess i can put his needs ahead of my own. you ladies semm great and i look forward to sharing with you. joan,in alabama
Old 09-05-2006, 10:30 AM

call list?
VERY FUNNY....
LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THAT PLACE...THEY LET ALL THOSE WILD GUTTA NEW ORLEANS INMATES RUN AROUND LOOSE ON THE PHONE..THEY LOVE TO PLAY PHONE GAMES AND DAIL ANY NUMBER...
JUST TO SEE WHO DUMB ENOUGH TO PICK UP....
Old 07-04-2007, 06:06 AM

Anyone Have Any More Information About Caldwell Correctional Center In Grayson, Louisiana. What Kind Of Place Is It And About Calls And Visitation. My Nephew Just Got Moved There Yesterday And We Really Don't Even Know Why. He Was In River Correctional In Ferriday. Any Info Would Help.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:25 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

It's been a couple of years since my step-son was there, but I'll give you what I can remember about calls and visits.

They can make calls from this facility. I think that they can only call those on their list though, but not totally sure about that.

Visits are scheduled for certain weekends for the inmates (or used to be). We could only visit on 2nd and 4th weekends. When you enter the facility, you sign in, give the CO your driver's license and car key (this is all left on a table in the reception area, which totally drove me NUTS! I'm sorry, but I don't like something like my driver's license (that at that time had my social security number on it) just laying there for anyone to see or even TAKE!) Back of the soapbox......after being approved to visit, you proceed to the next room - ladies in one, men to another. In the ladies area, you are literally FELT UP by a female CO! I mean these women ran their fingers under the underwire in my bra!! They have NO metal detector nor a wand (or didn't back then). After you pass that inspection, you go on to the visiting room. You can buy snacks and drinks for them here - they can even load up and take things back to their dorm (or could then).

Hope this helps somewhat - if you have any more questions.....just ask!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:54 AM

Unhappy Caldwell Correctional Center

I hope someone can help. My hubby was transported from Amite Parish Jail to Caldwell Correctional Center this morning. Can anyone tell me about visitation, phone calls, and mail, such as packages? Any information would be helpful.

Missing My Baby!!!

Old 12-19-2007, 11:34 AM
lovin' him is easy

As far as visitations you have to fill out a form that ask for all your info driver license #, social, dob, among other things, and get a criminal background check. Depending on what dorm he's in visitations vary b-dorm sat. mornings 9-11, a;wr& f dorms sat evening 2-4p, c-dorm sunday mornings 9-11, d-dorm sunday eve. 2-4. parish inmate bunks #1-20 sat 12-2: bunks 21-40 sunday 12-2. Be prepared to be searched. They make you take off your shoes and and for some reason they check the lining of your bra. They do not go inside the shirt but they still check. Also make sure you have you state id or dl they will not except anything else.you have to leave all items at the desk (they would't even let people take their kids bottle into visitation). If you would like to put money in on his books you can do that once you go into visitation. You can either leave it where they make store or you can get the paper and pay for store also.As far as mail they are limited to how many pics they can have and how many letters they can keep but he can just throw the envelopes away and keep in in one thing. Phone calles are though infinity if you want prepaid calls the number is 18008472521. Now i got a cell phone with a 318 number because the same thing happened to my fiance 2 months after he was sentenced they shipped him from amite to caldwell phone calls went from $1.68 to $4.50. Oh yeah the mailing address is po box 671 hwy 845 Grayson,la 71435 if you need anymore help or you would like for me to email you a copy of the visitaion form let me know just make sure you know what dorm he's in first.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:20 PM

Default Caldwell

What do you need to call that 800-847-2521 prepaid calls number for? Dont they get calling cards? Just curious cos Larry got moved to Caldwell last week and says he can now call my cell phone and we dont have to deal with anymore MCI or Global! YAY!

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:55 PM

SEE MAW...that was an old post from '07. Some private correctional centers in LA use GTL and some use the calling cards. Best bet for clarification is to call the institution and ask. Hope your man settles in well at his new place.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Question Hi Angela...

I read that your husband is at the West Carroll facility and I think you might be able to help me. my brother recently was in Harris County Jail in Houston, TX for a Class C Misdemeanor. Turned himself in to serve his time as he declared himself guilty of charge and the judge sentenced him to 95 days in county he went in the 28th of this month (06/28/2010) He was only able to call my cell phone the 1st day while in the I.P.C but when he was put in the actual cell we lost contact with him so we went to visit him to find out if he was ok. He told us at the visits that he could not make phone calls that the operator told him the calls were blocked for our home phone and all our cell phones. We have never placed a block on these calls and visitation was our only means of contact with him. At the last visit yesterday (saturday) he told us that he still had not received his commissary money eventhough it had been deposited for four days. Today (Sunday) we went to visit him to find out that he had been transferred to the West Carroll Detention Center. I called nonstop but received no answer not even a machine. We are new dealing with this and are very confused. I read somewhere that visits there must be pre-approved however parents and spouse can visit if he is new (which he is) his wife is worried and scared. Is there any advise you can give me or info? Mainly how to set up a pre-paid phone account so he can call us and how do we get money to him?