Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:50 PM
~Washington JustGirls~

Default Anyone heard of the MN guys being transferred to Mississippi?

I keep in touch with a kid I used to be the parole officer for and I just got a letter from him today. He is in Minnesota and is in the hole.. he said that he is being transferred to Mississippi?? Have any of you heard anything about some of the guys being transferred there??? Just curious...
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,651 Times in 761 Posts

I haven't heard a word! If you hear anything else please let us know!!!

pw
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

OMG.....I am just about at my wits end for all this BS that DOC and CCA are putting the guys through. The letter I got Saturday, my man is at an all time LOW. He is waiting for a transfer, but he said it would be AZ. It appears he has lost enough points through all this BOLOGNA ( I swear I am trying my hardest to be nice and not say what is going through my mind) to put him in the max level. Doesn't do any good to cry cuz all that does is give you puffy eyes, a stuffy nose and a headache.
Lisa, if you do hear any more please please please let us know. My man has been in the hole since Aug 23rd this time around and was told he would stay there until he is shipped out. They made no bones about the fact they DO NOT want him there. Gee....do they think shipping him all over hell and back is going to shut my mouth? I will only make more noise. Forget their STUFF.....I am MAD!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:26 PM
~Washington JustGirls~

Patti... my friend has been in the hole for awhile also.. and he says that he will be there till he gets shipped out as they don't want him there anymore either... He said that there are 14 guys waiting to be shipped out, maybe some are being sent to AZ and some to Mississippi... I hope your guy feels better soon... hang in there and if I hear more I will let everyone know..
Old 10-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Thank you Lisa!! Haven't heard too much from anyone else that has loved ones there at Prairie. Guess some must be doing great and on the other hand, some aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLisa
Patti... my friend has been in the hole for awhile also.. and he says that he will be there till he gets shipped out as they don't want him there anymore either... He said that there are 14 guys waiting to be shipped out, maybe some are being sent to AZ and some to Mississippi... I hope your guy feels better soon... hang in there and if I hear more I will let everyone know..
Old 10-15-2005, 11:46 PM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

Well I heard that the ones in the hole are the ones being sent to out of Minnesota to Arizona and Mississippi. I hope that is not true, mine well not do good in Miss. if he goes there. He has some tattoos that may get him in trouble there. They were put on him when he did his first time in prison in Walla Walla, and he was joined up with a certain group of people. Anyways I hope your guys do not go to Miss. I'll let you know when I hear if some leave. Prayers to all your guys.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:18 AM

This reminds me of a rob Peter to pay Paul kind of thing. I just heard the other day that within the next two weeks Idaho inmates will be sent to MN. IMO it seems pretty stupid that MN would take Idaho inmates when they have agreed to take WA inmates. If they were already full then why did they even bid for the Idaho inmates??

So ladies I guess you could partly blame your next move on Idaho
Old 10-16-2005, 12:53 AM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

Hello ladies,

The prisons here in Mississippi house other states overflow very cheaply. They may be sent to Tallahatchie Correctional Facility, or TCCF we have a thread about that prison in Mississippi http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141463

Also if your loved one is serving a federal sentence we also have a federal facility here however I do not have very much information on them.

TCCF so far is a great facility, (although it is still a prison) Hopefully you can find out more information regarding this soon!

ALSO, your loved ones are seperated by state when they come here, because they are still under your state laws. They house Colordao and Hawaii right now. So you do not have to worry about them being housed with those from others states.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:53 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Nawna, is your man in the hole too? It's going on 2 months that mine has been there. Jonathan, we have had the colorado experience already unfortunately. In MN they are supposed to be under the Washington laws just as they were supposed to be in Colorado but we all know that didn't happen. This is just so frustrating. TNC, that is a double whammy for me since I live in Idaho, but my honey is from Washington. I had heard that there was the possibility of Idaho inmates going to Minnesota. When will it all end? I guess not until they walk out of those gates to go home. Looks like we are in for a LONG ride since it's gonna be "awhile".

Thank you for all the information everyone!!

Patti
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 PM

When I talked to my husband about this last week he said its all a money thing. I do agree with him to a certain point, but it still bugs me that CCA is so money hungry they would move WA inmates out if Idaho was willing to pay more money. They have no feelings what so ever when it comes to the inmates and family. As long as they are getting the best bang for their buck then thats all that matters

I dont know how much WA is paying MN to house their inmates, but Idaho will be paying 53.00 a day.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:04 PM
Donation Award 

per a PM with another member......

Quote:
I believe it's $62 dollars a day.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

I am not totally positive, but I believe that WA is paying $62 or $63 a day. I'm not sure why that figure keeps coming to mind. I got a letter from my man the other day and he said it sounds like the middle of November when they will be shipped off again, but he's not sure where he will be going. At first he heard AZ but he said they are sending to Mississippi also. <sigh> I just want to see him, kiss him, hug him....and tell him just how much I do love him.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:58 PM

I just dont get it. If they are making more money from WA inmates then why would they take Idaho inmates and get rid of WA inmates. I makes no sense
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Well the WA inmates that are being shipped out are still going to CCA facilities. None of it makes sense but then who are we trying to figure out why spending more money makes any sense. Our loved ones are just pawns in the money racket.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Donation Award 

I could definately see CCA shipping WA inmates out to another state to bring in Idaho inmates......WA couldn't care less where our guys go as long as it's not back here!

Ann
Old 10-21-2005, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penwife
I could definately see CCA shipping WA inmates out to another state to bring in Idaho inmates......WA couldn't care less where our guys go as long as it's not back here!

Ann
But why would MN take inmates that they will make less money from
Old 10-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNC
But why would MN take inmates that they will make less money from
The money recieved from the states to house the inmates goes to CCA...not to the individual prisons. So it doesn't matter where they house the inmates.

Ann
Old 10-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

It's all a game of shuffling the inmates (as if they were a deck of cards) and building the pot of gold. They don't care one bit about who goes where or why or anything like that. If they are adding to their pocket book that's all that matters and that's what they are doing. They don't train the co's as they should, pay them peanuts, are understaffed and all of this saves money and the money saved is a good thing for them.
Sorry if I sound bitter but I am. VERY BITTER and ANGRY with CCA and their practices. I thought DOC was bad??? Well CCA takes the cake on immoral practices as well as being evil and greedy. Sorry....I will stop now.

Patti