Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in Nevada, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 03-28-2020, 05:02 AM

Default Release of inmates: Do we know what they are going to do yet?

do we know what they are going to do yet.. I been asking everybody but nobody will answer, i even got on twitter and asked the governor himself why does it seem that for our loved ones he just waiting till the last minute.. its so frusterating like they sitting ducks
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgellie View Post
do we know what they are going to do yet.. I been asking everybody but nobody will answer, i even got on twitter and asked the governor himself why does it seem that for our loved ones he just waiting till the last minute.. its so frusterating like they sitting ducks
As far as NV goes, no. Because, well "NV is above the law." I have seen 2 states let out, or make plans to let out, prisoners. Jails are letting out across the country in droves. Arrests have been diminished by a huge degree. I believe CA is considering house arrests for some inmates. I am seeing a pattern I hope to be true. First jails, then prisons. First those with 30 days left, then 6 months. First just the elderly, then non-violents. See where I'm going with this? Then they had that earthquake hit half a mile from the prison. I told my man if a sinkhole opens up, and it was plausible his body fell in... He's not the type to do that, but it's fun to talk about.
Old 04-14-2020, 07:33 PM

And now we pray...hard.

Nevada attorneys urge statewide release of prisoners amid outbreak

Updated April 11, 2020 - 1:16 pm

A group of Nevada defense attorneys joined the call to release certain prisoners in an effort to stave off the spread of coronavirus.

In a 38-page petition filed Friday night with the Nevada Supreme Court, lawyers from Washoe and Clark counties asked justices to order Gov. Steve Sisolak and prison officials to release inmates who fall under one of three categories: those who have been granted parole yet remain locked up; inmates with a high risk of serious harm from COVID-19 and expected to be released within 18 months; and any nonviolent offenders serving sentences set to expire in the next three years, as long as they provide an approved parole plan.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...break-2004755/

Lawyers in NV petitioning governor for release of prisoners.

Edited by Admin per PTO Copyright Rules

Last edited by patchouli; 04-14-2020 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: PTO Copyright Rules
Old 04-17-2020, 06:54 AM

http://chng.it/2nmnNnJFQX

This is a petition to force release of Nevada prisoners. I wasn't sure if it needed to go here or on the Peyto petitions page.