Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 08-22-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Need info on Male Community Reentry Program (MCRP)

This is my first post, not really sure how Prison Talk works.

My son will be release in 8 months. He just told me a counselor came by to ask if he was interest in applying for the Male Community Reentry Program but really gave him no info about it. My question is have others here had any experience, good or bad with the MCRP ?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2016, 12:55 AM

It's a good thing. Ankle monitor, good food, regular clothes and some actual preparation for re-entry. The men's program is very limited in time, but they help you get ID, SS and help you prepare for a job. Much better than prison. Unfortunately the men are cutting off their monitors too frequently and making the program look bad. Also groups, therapy and usually geared for drug/alcohol abusers.
gwkmom (09-10-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:08 PM

My husband was asked today by his counselor if he is interested in mcrp but he wasnt sure if south siders are allowed to go because of prison politic rules (apparently because there are guys there who were once in protective custody). Hes afraid he will get to Chino and be told he has to turn back and refuse transortation. Because hes in fire camp he has no way of finding out. He has 2 weeks to give his counselor an answer. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated
Old 09-08-2016, 10:18 PM
Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 8,894 Times in 3,495 Posts

Click here for the CDCR info page on the MCRP.

Not sure if this answers everyone's questions, but for those wondering about the program in general, it does give location, program length and eligibility outlines.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
gwkmom (09-11-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 8,894 Times in 3,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsEscobar View Post
My husband was asked today by his counselor if he is interested in mcrp but he wasnt sure if south siders are allowed to go because of prison politic rules (apparently because there are guys there who were once in protective custody). Hes afraid he will get to Chino and be told he has to turn back and refuse transortation. Because hes in fire camp he has no way of finding out. He has 2 weeks to give his counselor an answer. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be appreciated
If this applies to him, it is listed as an exclusion:
Validated Security Threat Group I (STG I) pursuant to California Code of Regulations,
Title 15 Subsection 3378(c)
Old 10-15-2016, 01:47 AM

Default MCRP

I read your post and was wondering if your loved one decided to go to the MRCP. My significant other is currently on his way from High Desert to an MRCP in Los Angeles. I was wondering if you had any info or could share any useful experience with me. I am wondering how long it will be before i get to speak to him or see him again?
Old 10-23-2016, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Mcrp

Hello leolover 84,
I'm sorry I don't have any info to share with you about MCRP. My son was contacted last month to see if he wanted to apply for the program. He did but has heard nothing further. I read that he could be eligible to for the program the last 120 days of his sentence, which will be in December.

I hope things are working out well for your loved one.
The Following User Says Thank You to gwkmom For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-05-2016)
Old 02-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Per the videos and the website, once the men are at an MCRP facility, they wear normal clothes. Does anyone know how they get these clothes?