Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Georgia that do not fit into any other Georgia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Default Transfer to county camp~Is there anything I can do to hurry his transfer?

My man has been waiting and waiting to hear about his request to be transferred to a county camp. His counselor's only reply has been "there is still no decision on your request". he's convinced that it's due to the prison (Wheeler Correctional) being overwhelmed with the influx of inmates due to recent other prison closures. The are getting way overcrowded! Between that and the recent "no smoking" thing the conditions have really been getting bad....and thus he is more anxious to make a move out. (TPM is not until 6-2013) No DRs, he's been a good boy and should be eligible, but I'm babbling....

My question is...

anything I can do from out here to put in a good word or hurry up his county camp transfer? Any contact numbers with the DOC, or just contact the Ombudsman? I don't know what I can do...if anything?

anybody have any advise???
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2010, 10:09 PM

I am interested in this question as well. My bf has put in a request to a county camp.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:12 AM

I don't think it would hurt to contact the DOC, but he has to request the transfer. Another thing that can affect where they can go is their security level. If he is medium or high security and the county camp he is trying to go to is only minimum security then he can't go there.