Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:11 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default ISP Release Procedure Q & A

INFO, Questions or Concerns regarding the release procedure go here.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 AM

Default I have a question?

I'm not sure if this is where I ask this question but I didn't know where else to go I'm new to this my boyfriend is getting released on February 14 2013 from Ironwood state prison and I'm trying to figure out what time to pick him up can somebody please help me and let me know a number I can call are any info it's very much appreciated.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,102 Times in 1,724 Posts

760-921-3000 is the number for the facility.

To the world you might just be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klewis For This Useful Post:
Smf8361 (02-07-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM

Location: IM iN LA cOuNTy HiS 4M OC cOUNTy (NOW iN dA sySTeM)

My hunny getting released this weds please help were do i get him and at what time? If any info will help out alot. Or extension to ask these questions
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 AM

Default Hello Everyone - – are you able to pick up my loved one upon release?

hello ladies my man is at ironwood state prison in blythe,california he gets out in 6 weeks and i do not have a car still i was wondering if any of you ladies could pick him up on his release date and take him to my house i would really appreciate it and be so thankful!!!!!! also i will give you gas money and a little bit of money for your time
Old 01-25-2014, 01:28 AM

You might have a better response posting it under the state forum then look for the specific prison. I hope you can find a ride or perhaps call a taxi or ask a neighbor. Best of luck.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 AM
Banned

They will put him on a bus, if there is no ride for him let him know now. There is only two busses that leave from Blythe per day. Also, you might want to put this in the Ironwood Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliqia001 View Post
hello ladies my man is at ironwood state prison in blythe,california he gets out in 6 weeks and i do not have a car still i was wondering if any of you ladies could pick him up on his release date and take him to my house i would really appreciate it and be so thankful!!!!!! also i will give you gas money and a little bit of money for your time
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 PM
HIS FOREVER

is there a certain address to send his parole clothes??? March 21 omg coming fast!!
Old 03-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Banned

he should have sent you a slip that gets attached to the box, and then you need to write dress outs on the sides of the box. You should have sent them already, now i would send them priority. Also, the box needs ot be a certain sie and cannot be nigger or they will refuse it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISS PACMAN View Post
is there a certain address to send his parole clothes??? March 21 omg coming fast!!
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM

Default Released in two weeks, do i need to call?

Hello all, My son is being released from ironwood prison in 2 weeks, I was wondering do i have to call and let them know I will be picking him up?

I just dont want him put on a bus after i drive 3hrs to pick him up

The menu on their listing is very vague and have no idea who to ask since they no longer have operator assistance

Any answers will help, Thank you
Old 04-17-2014, 12:00 PM
At Last!

I picked up once at chuckawalla and I didn't have to let anyone know. Whoever is picking up just waits in the car until the white van full of inmates arrives at the parking lot and I guess who ever is not being picked up then maybe they take them to the bus stop.... hope I helped at least a lil bit and good luck!

I love you baby! You and I til the End of our time....

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Old 04-17-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 View Post
I picked up once at chuckawalla and I didn't have to let anyone know. Whoever is picking up just waits in the car until the white van full of inmates arrives at the parking lot and I guess who ever is not being picked up then maybe they take them to the bus stop.... hope I helped at least a lil bit and good luck!
Thanks helps a bit its right next to ironwood so should be similar i would think. My son mentioned a waiting room, and that he would be released at 8am so i will get there early to pick him up. Any suggestions as far as who to talk to once i get there?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:39 PM
At Last!

I don't think you need to speak to anyone but if there is a waiting room, there is someone always in charge so you can ask them or walk in to where visitors need to check in and ask a c.o. Other than that I'd just wait in the car I'm sure there are going to be more inmates being released so you'll see other families waiting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronengle69 View Post
Thanks helps a bit its right next to ironwood so should be similar i would think. My son mentioned a waiting room, and that he would be released at 8am so i will get there early to pick him up. Any suggestions as far as who to talk to once i get there?

I love you baby! You and I til the End of our time....

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Old 04-21-2014, 03:20 PM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

Right before you enter the prison where the CO is at at the post, to the left is the pick up inmate parking lot, the white van goes there to drop off the inmate. I suppose the inmate lets them know he is being picked up. You can always go like at 730-745 drive up tot he CO and let him know your picking him up and tell you to go there.

Quote:

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 PM

Thanks guys. Ive only been there once. is the building your talking about the same one that you go to for visitation? or somewhere else?
Old 04-23-2014, 03:32 PM
~My Penguin*His Coqui~

Thanked 1,074 Times in 372 Posts

No its right before you enter the prison grounds. Where the CO is in the little post shack where they search your car before entering the prison. To the left is a dirt road parking lot for the inmates that are paroling

Quote:
Thanks guys. Ive only been there once. is the building your talking about the same one that you go to for visitation? or somewhere else?

Did you know that when a penguin finds its mate they stay together for the rest of their lives? I found my Penguin

Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM

Question Release info

Does anyone know how the release process is worked? My hubby is supposed to be getting released this month and wasn't sure exactly how the process is. He said we'll have to be there before 7am if we pick him up? I'm 5 hrs away so just want to make sure so I get there in time.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:03 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,648 Posts

I haven't gone through the release process myself so cannot offer advice - hopefully someone familiar with ISP releases will comment on here soon - or, alternatively, you could try and call them and find out to make sure. Good luck