Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:19 PM

Question His father is ill, counselor isn't calling back. Is there an emergency#?

Does anyone have a emergency number for Iron Wood. X's dad has fallen ill, X's counselor doesn't call back. Any info would be appreciated. M
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,623 Times in 11,025 Posts

Don't they have a chaplain?
Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,401 Times in 6,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
They do, they also have an ombudsman. But it's the weekend and most of the auxiliary staff aren't on site til Monday.

Ombudsman
Scott.Jacobs@cdcr.ca.gov
(916) 323-2994
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (07-08-2017), His_Queen13 (07-08-2017)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:39 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
His father hasn't died, but is in the hospital. I don't know what extension to call. Do you?
Old 07-09-2017, 10:02 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,696 Times in 14,451 Posts

I'd suggest calling the main number and pressing 0.
Wish I could be more helpful

see this sticky
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...66&postcount=4

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (07-14-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,401 Times in 6,961 Posts

I don't know that this is affecting anything, but I was there yesterday and they're having major issues with the cooling systems. It's creating a lot of problems and that may extend to their availability by phone.

I saw an ambulance arrive as I was leaving, assuming it was for a visitor as it was an off-site ambulance. It was 116 degrees and one of the visiting rooms lost AC. We all looked as though we'd just crossed desert on foot. Red faced, sweating. We hung out in the bathroom just to press up against the tile wall.

Hope you get through to someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (07-14-2017), sidewalker (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:02 AM

Post His father is ill.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I'd suggest calling the main number and pressing 0.
Wish I could be more helpful

see this sticky
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...66&postcount=4
With the help of a Prison outreach and ISP family counsel and the Records department I was able to get the help I needed. He actually called. Amazed. I had transferred my landline to my cell phone as we didn't want to miss a phone call if he had called. He was able to speak with his father, from the hospital and our two children. We spoke only briefly. I even got a letter from him the next day. It was addressed to me, and it was brief. He said in the letter that he has found the Lord. I hope he is true to his words. So I called my church and asked the Pastor if they could send him a bible through Christian Book Store. He said in the conversation to his father that he was sorry he hadn't stayed in touch. With our two children our youngest daughter, she was so happy to hear her daddy's voice, as for my son, now the oldest, he just said dad I forgive you and I love you, as for me, I said you need to stay in contact with your children more, and your father. He said to me he was sorry for all the crap he has put us through. I said to him only you can make amends for your own actions. And left it at that. No I love you's from me, or I miss you. I was to the point and very brief. For all of you if you run into problems with your LO's and cant make or no what to do, call 760-921-3000 x 5301, that is records they can direct you to the right place and release info that you need. They told me to request a medical form from health care at the prison and have him send it to me, in the event any thing should happen to him. That way I can keep everything up to date, and his father who is very dear to me won't worry about his son. He still has a long way to go via sentence, so if he is truly sorry for all the B.S. he caused its up to him to repair the damages to his family. I don't hate him, but I do hold anger for his behavior. If he chooses not to stay in contact with his dad, and our two children that is chose he has made. There is no "getting back together" as I don't need the drama. His father and our two children are my main concern. I will NOT tolerate any head games, we all have been through enough. His father will be living with me and I will have the hospital over see his care in my home, according to his MD's he will be released tomorrow. I have hired a home health agency to care for him if I am at work, or taking care of our kids. That's the best I can do. Thanks for your input. For that and this site, I am blessed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benjaminsbaby For This Useful Post:
LOVINGBREED (08-09-2017), safran (07-14-2017), sidewalker (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I don't know that this is affecting anything, but I was there yesterday and they're having major issues with the cooling systems. It's creating a lot of problems and that may extend to their availability by phone.

I saw an ambulance arrive as I was leaving, assuming it was for a visitor as it was an off-site ambulance. It was 116 degrees and one of the visiting rooms lost AC. We all looked as though we'd just crossed desert on foot. Red faced, sweating. We hung out in the bathroom just to press up against the tile wall.

Hope you get through to someone.
And this is one reason I won't travel to ISP, the desert heat would kill me and if I broke down on highway 10 I think it is, it just wouldn't go over well. Even roadside service would take at least a half an hour to get to me. Sorry you had to go through that. That had to suck. Hope the next time you go to visit, they will have their systems up to date, and the visitors won't suffer...I personally don't get how anyone can live in that type of heat.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:53 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,696 Times in 14,451 Posts

Bens, thank you so much for providing the info you did, and am so glad you were able to reach out to someone who actually helped!
amazing.
Here is to hoping your ex shows his family he is working on his issues.
Especially for the kids sake, and his dad.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Benjaminsbaby (07-14-2017)
Old 07-14-2017, 09:03 PM

[quote=sidewalker;7646635]Bens, thank you so much for providing the info you did, and am so glad you were able to reach out to someone who actually helped!
amazing.
Here is to hoping your ex shows his family he is working on his issues.
Especially for the kids sake, and his dad.[/QUOTO
Only time will tell. He has to learn to make his own choices. I can't do it for him. He needs to learn the golden rule. If wants to say he has excepted Christ in his life and sticks with it, good for him, but if its a smoke screen, then he will have to deal with his own actions. I am done with the crap. The only bond I have with him are, are two children and his father. And I will leave it at that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Benjaminsbaby For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (07-15-2017)