Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ironwood State Prison (ISP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Ironwood State Prison located in Blythe, California.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:12 PM

Default How long is the orientation period at Ironwood? No call yet !?

My husband was transferred from Wasco reception to ironwood state prison almost a week ago and I still have received no phone calls. Does anyone know how long the orientation period is at ironwood and how long before they are able to use the phone? I haven't heard his voice in four months. Idk how much more I can take please help someone and put my mind at ease
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinity View Post
My husband was transferred from Wasco reception to ironwood state prison almost a week ago and I still have received no phone calls. Does anyone know how long the orientation period is at ironwood and how long before they are able to use the phone? I haven't heard his voice in four months. Idk how much more I can take please help someone and put my mind at ease

hi it varies few weeks or a month ,hopefully he calls u soon now that u know his in ISP write him a letter . good luck
Old 03-17-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
At Ironwood they have a 14 day orientation process before they are assigned a permanent bed. Sometimes it's shorter, sometimes.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVINGBREED View Post
hi it varies few weeks or a month ,hopefully he calls u soon now that u know his in ISP write him a letter . good luck
Thank you so much. I received a letter from him yesterday and I sent mine out today. I hope to hear from him soon. He's waiting to be put on level one. They put him with the level threes because he just got there. I shall keep praying. We're almost at the end of our road.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Does anyone know how they apply 33% to an inmates time? We've heard several different stories that a.) 33% will be taken off the top b.) it will be taken off the time from when he got mainline or c.) it will be taken off the time he has remaining...if ANYONE knows how this works and would care to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and God bless
Old 07-18-2016, 06:41 PM
His official girl.

Hi, not sure where to post this. Is there a level 4 SNY?

Last edited by faraboverubies; 07-18-2016 at 06:41 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 07-30-2016, 02:02 PM

Question New to Ironwood

Hello everyone,
I just found out that my fiance was transferred from Wasco reception center to Ironwood , I would drive the 3 hour drive every weekend with our 1 yr old daughter so she could see him every weekend, but Ironwood is an 8 hour drive, he sent me a letter tuesday that he was transpacking to ironwood the next day i still have not received a phone call yet from him, do you know how long it takes till he can get to a phone to call me? Also is it through GTL for phone calls? will my visiting automatically be approved at Ironwood if i was approved for Wasco? im sorry for so many questions im just stressing out as to why they sent him so far away he was endorsed to Salinas Valley but then i guess it changed last minute, I was reading through some forums but they were super old from years ago so I need recent Info if anyone can help. Thank you
Old 07-30-2016, 09:47 PM

Default same question

Quote:
Does anyone know how they apply 33% to an inmates time? We've heard several different stories that a.) 33% will be taken off the top b.) it will be taken off the time from when he got mainline or c.) it will be taken off the time he has remaining...if ANYONE knows how this works and would care to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and God bless
Hey did you ever find out about the 33% mine was sentenced to 3 years with 33% and he was in Theo lacy orange county from Sep 9 2015 to Feb 17 2016 then in wasco reception from Feb 17 till Jul 27 now he just got to ironwood im trying to figure out when he will be out ? please tell me if you know how it works. thank you
Old 07-31-2016, 10:29 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,279 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris_girl_ms_p View Post
Hello everyone,
I just found out that my fiance was transferred from Wasco reception center to Ironwood , I would drive the 3 hour drive every weekend with our 1 yr old daughter so she could see him every weekend, but Ironwood is an 8 hour drive, he sent me a letter tuesday that he was transpacking to ironwood the next day i still have not received a phone call yet from him, do you know how long it takes till he can get to a phone to call me? Also is it through GTL for phone calls? will my visiting automatically be approved at Ironwood if i was approved for Wasco? im sorry for so many questions im just stressing out as to why they sent him so far away he was endorsed to Salinas Valley but then i guess it changed last minute, I was reading through some forums but they were super old from years ago so I need recent Info if anyone can help. Thank you

Yes. All calls are thru GTL.

If you got approved while he was in reception (WASCO), than the approval transfers to ISP. Your good to GO

Orientation is usually about two weeks. Once done, they can use the phone.

ISP is in Blythe, close to the AZ border. It's super HOT and dry!

CDCr, hardly ever transfers our Love Ones close to home, they get transferred, the opposite way ....

I Hope this helps and good luck.

Last edited by Nica; 07-31-2016 at 11:00 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
Maris_girl_ms_p (07-31-2016), Sarianna (08-01-2016)
Old 09-18-2017, 06:33 PM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Default Transferring to Ironwood: anyone have any information on this prison?

He is moving from Corcoran, CA to

Ironwood, CA

7 hours away from where I'm located

can anybody tell me some info on this prison everything I looked up on here is Old Stuff years and years back.

any new info ?

does anybody carpool out there ?
Old 09-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,039 Times in 6,850 Posts

Hi hun, I went ahead and moved your post to the ISP forum. If we don't, then it looks like old information for the next person that comes along, too. But I'm here and my husband is at ISP, so you're (we're?) not alone.

All facilities have their pluses and minuses. I can say for programming, ISP is phenomenal compared to the his last two locations. He literally doesn't have enough time in the day to do all of the things he'd like or qualifies for. They are high and demanding when it comes to behavior which is good in that it keeps the yard drama down, but it's rough because sometimes they take it a little far.

Visiting is decent. I've been to better and I've been to much, much worse. It does get really hot here and this summer our AC units have been broken a lot. You don't know that until you're in the room, because believe me-- if we got warning, I wouldn't go when they're not working. It's miserable. And I live in the desert already!

Is he mainline or SNY? Not a huge difference at this prison, but I can advise a little better on one versus the other. I think you'll find the distance to be the worst part of this move. It really is an OK facility and they do seem to try to treat our guys decent.

Hang in there and please post any specific questions you have so we can try to get some fresh info out there.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 AM
MiSsiNgHIM.

Thank you for moving the post and makes sense about looking old info etc.

wow! I'm happy to know I met somebody who has a loved one here at UPS. how much time does your loved one have if you don't mind me asking ? you can totally Message Me. What is SNY stand for sorry ? My brother is a Level 3. I'm down in Stockton, CA I googled it takes about 7 hours to get down there by Car.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:11 AM
MiSsiNgHIM.

ISP is what I meant freaking phone lol.......
Old 09-19-2017, 11:33 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemysqueezy View Post
Thank you for moving the post and makes sense about looking old info etc.

wow! I'm happy to know I met somebody who has a loved one here at UPS. how much time does your loved one have if you don't mind me asking ? you can totally Message Me. What is SNY stand for sorry ? My brother is a Level 3. I'm down in Stockton, CA I googled it takes about 7 hours to get down there by Car.
I wish they were at UPS! :P

He's got anywhere from a day to 15 years left on a 37 year sentence. He's been at ISP for about a year. SNY is "sensitive needs yard". They're yards for people who feel they need to be segregated from gen pop for various reasons (drop outs, nature of their charges, elderly, ect). ISP has two SNY (A&B) and two Mainline (C&D).
Old 01-09-2018, 02:36 PM

Hi I'm new to this prison i was wondering if i can wear white jeans and can you wear tank tops under your tops?
Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslarrydgarza View Post
Hi I'm new to this prison i was wondering if i can wear white jeans and can you wear tank tops under your tops?
You can wear white jeans, just make sure no underwear line can be seen.

Layering is hit and miss. Technically the answer is no, but I see it all of the time. So if you want to try, go for it. Just be prepared to change if they have an issue with it (that day ).

Welcome to ISP.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:56 PM

Hello everyone. I have a question I hope one of you can help me. My boyfriend got transferred about two weeks ago from North Kern to Ironwood and is already able to call me, and I'm dying to see him after not being able to for the past 6 months due to my strict work schedule. I am finally having a Sunday off which is tomorrow and I would love to see him since its all late notice I wasn't able to schedule an appointment on Tuesday. My question is do non contact visits REQUIRE appointment or can I also do a walk in ? Or can I still make an appointment? I keep calling and left a message but no one has gotten back to me if someone can please get back to me or PM me I would be leaving tomorrow from Pomona and would hate to drive out there to be turned away. Thank you in advance.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM95 View Post
Hello everyone. I have a question I hope one of you can help me. My boyfriend got transferred about two weeks ago from North Kern to Ironwood and is already able to call me, and I'm dying to see him after not being able to for the past 6 months due to my strict work schedule. I am finally having a Sunday off which is tomorrow and I would love to see him since its all late notice I wasn't able to schedule an appointment on Tuesday. My question is do non contact visits REQUIRE appointment or can I also do a walk in ? Or can I still make an appointment? I keep calling and left a message but no one has gotten back to me if someone can please get back to me or PM me I would be leaving tomorrow from Pomona and would hate to drive out there to be turned away. Thank you in advance.
Yes, I believe you have to have an appt. for non-contact and no, I think they have to be made during the week. I could be wrong and hopefully someone with recent experience will chime in. But that's my understanding.