Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default HDSP Marriage & Wedding Q&A

Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 PM
He will always have my <3

Default Getting married

My love asked me to marry him and i was wondering how
we do it like what are the steps and will thet require us to go to some sort
of counseling
Old 09-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Semper Fi

No counseling. He requests the marriage packet from his counselor, fills out his part & sends it to you. You will then fill out everything, sign, & send it back along with both your birth certificates (original or certified copy), any divorce decrees, and a copy of your drivers license. Then you wait & in about a month (that's all it took for us) he'll get notified that you have a date. Once you have the date, you go to the county clerks office, sign another copy of the marriage license application, pay I think $165, they give you a receipt that you take with you to the "ceremony".

Hope that helps. I was all set to get married in August, but he was transferred about a month before our date

Good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truth's Girl For This Useful Post:
hizshygurl (06-19-2016), turtlelvr (02-17-2014)
Old 02-17-2014, 06:24 PM

My honey is getting transferred here and we will be getting married. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through this process lately? Sounds like it's a pretty easy process, which is NOT at Kern Valley which is where he is being transferred from. It's been a nightmare trying to get a date at KVSP. So, I would greatly appreciate any feedback. I can't wait to become his Mrs.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 PM

Has anybody successfully gotten through to the Chaplin at high desert? I've been calling all week & it seems to just go straight to voicemail. I left my name & number and nobody has contacted me back. Me & my honey are getting married and I had questions about the birth certs. If I send in the original copies of our birth certificates will they send it right back to me after processing everything? becAuse I'm having difficulty getting a certified copy of mine since I was not born out here. Also, will the copy of my I.D. Need to just be photocopied? Sorry for all the questions, these are things I wanted to ask the Chaplin but it's sooo frustrating because nobody will answer the phone! I can't wait to marry the love of my life
Old 07-28-2018, 09:55 PM

Hello
I submitted the marriage package recently, seems like these post are old. Has anyone gotten married recently, if so how long did it take to get a date? How was the ceremony ? Any info is appreciated,, Thank you!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:54 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizshygurl View Post
Hello
I submitted the marriage package recently, seems like these post are old. Has anyone gotten married recently, if so how long did it take to get a date? How was the ceremony ? Any info is appreciated,, Thank you!
Hopefully you will get some replies soon! Meanwhile, you might want to also check our Prison & Jail Wedding Information Central as there are state specific wedding threads there too

Good luck and please keep us posted on how long the process takes for you
Oh, and congrats for your upcoming nuptials

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
hizshygurl (08-27-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 05:04 PM
Donation Award 

Marriages are performed on the third Saturday of the month. We got a date 2 1/2 months after we applied. The ceremony was performed in a closet in the back of the visiting room, which doesn't sound great, but as it turned out, it was a nice ceremony because the woman who does the ceremonies has been doing it a long time and the vows are really meaningful. We had relatives there too. One of our guests stacked three Danishes on top of each other and put two sporks on top as a wedding "cake."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sarita88 For This Useful Post:
hizshygurl (08-27-2018), Sarianna (08-13-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 05:17 AM

Just wanted to provide an update... we finally got our date!!!!! I'm excited !! Just a bit concerned about being married in a "closet"??? Is the ceremony space private? Are others visiting able to see and hear the ceremony?? I know we must adhere to the dress code, but are they strict on dress code? About how long is the ceremony and is it during the morning? Any information is appreciate.. thanks!!!

Last edited by hizshygurl; 08-27-2018 at 05:24 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to hizshygurl For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-27-2018)