Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 07:23 AM

Red face case of excessive force-LA county

Please help! My man was assaulted by 10 deputies at Supermax-Wayside in LA county. He was pulled off his bunk and beat with flash lights, kicked, punched,etc. His injuries resulted in him being housed in the medical ward at TwinTowers for 15 days, as well as being taken to USC Med Center two times. He has facial injuries as well as vision problem in one eye as a result of the assault. Also, ever since the incident, he has been denied phone, visits, and even mail in and out--probably kept him isolated until injuries heal up in order to protect themselves from any legal wrongdoing. As soon as his homie called me from in there the next day and alerted me about what happened,I called the Watch Commander and filed a complaint at which time he admitted FORCE had been used against my man. When he was finally released from Medical Ward, he was transferred to CJ for a couple days and just a few days ago they transferred him back to Wayside where the incident occurred and is supposably under investigation!!! That doesnt even sound right to me especially after finding out that they have thrown him in the "hole" of that facility with once again , no contact with the outside or other inmates who may have been witnesses to the assault. I am hoping he will be ok. In the meantime I have been desperately searching for an ATTORNEY who handles civil rights, but its hard to find one who is willing to take on a case against LA county!! ANY HELP YOU COULD PROVIDE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! (I have already contacted ACLU and at the moment they are not taking any new cases due to backup) THANX!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2004, 08:29 PM

try
www.findlaw.com
they have message boards and links to attorneys.

Being silly is the only thing that keeps me sane.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:47 PM

try the ACLU-- the american civil liberties union. you also may want to try Jewish Legal Services (if they have a branch in your area) ( you don't have to be Jewish to use them!)--they frequently do pro-bono work --at least in florida they do-- on this type of case.

my prayers will be going out for you and your partner. namaste'
Old 01-30-2004, 10:03 PM

I would be writing letter's everyday to the Senator's and assemblymembers, the Governor, I mean I've been writing letters every since my son's stabbing. Demanding they make the Prisons safe, secure, and humane, as I have been told by CDC that they are. This new Hickman is suppose to be cleaning up the Guards abuses. Write them so you have a record that they have been made aware. The more they are aware of the abuses, by all of us, sooner or later...Write the newspapers...let the journalist know, there are alot of stories with emails for those writers...especially since CDC corruption is in the spotlight. AS for lawyer's GOOD LUCK!!! It took me 3 months to find one.

Always
Kat